“Wow!”

Cantina Laredo
Ranked #439 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Cantina Laredo offers something completely new, a sophisticated approach to traditional Mexican cuisine. Our ethos at Cantina Laredo is to blend old with new by using contemporary and traditional techniques to bring a modern twist to the authentic flavours from all regions of Mexico. The menu is a culinary exploration of Mexico’s regional cuisines in search of Mexico’s most incredible flavours. Traditional and contemporary techniques combine to produce an intriguing menu that pays homage to authentic Mexican flavours. Emphasis is on the bold and intense flavours with simple presentation using high quality ingredients. Dishes are authentic, but not traditional with a modern approach to recreate classic dishes and invent new ones. The menu has been designed to create a sophisticated, yet informal and relaxed dining experience. There is no set procedure on ordering, dishes are designed to be shared at the table or enjoyed individually.
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Just got back from another night in London, without any question had to go back to see if Cantina Laredo was as good as last time? It was!
It's without question the best all round restaurant in the UK. I said it before, but a Mexican restaurant with the best steak I've ever had. You must go and try the "fillet Portabella" and the guacamole I could eat with a spoon. I never order pudding but the " apple pie with brandy butter and vanilla ice cream" does it every time.
In short it's a must see and eat. See you there.

1  Thank steve H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,656)

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Best Mexican food I've had in a long, long time.

Guacamole made at the table was very good to start, mains were great tasting, and the portions were more than enough.

Service was very good.

Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

This restaurant offers good mexican food in nice atmosphere. It's also in a great location. I would definitely dine here again while visiting London.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I were in London on business and were joined by another couple for my birthday. We chose Cantina Laredo as it was in central London and the decor looked fun and relaxed. We were not disappointed. We shared guacamole and ceviche for appetizers and they were excellent. We all had different dishes for our main course and a round (or two) of margaritas. All dishes met our expectations. Service was good and the decor lived up to the pictures. It's also in a very fun part of London which is teeming with good restuarants and bars. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

The setting, the staff, the service, the atmosphere and most importantly the food was impeccable... We ate a mixed platter to start and a variety of the Beef / Lamb mains - absolutely delicious and at a justifiable price....... A great evening and highly recommended for family, business or pleasure...... 5 stars