“Do you have Money to waste” 1 of 5 bubbles

La Pergola
Ranked #17,103 of 22,199 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$30 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do you have Money to waste”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We have been La Pergola last night as a family. It looks like an authentic Italian restaurant from outside. Staff are overall helpful but I think the issues comes with the owner and chef who is not good at all. Couple of things which put us off from this restaurant:
1-service is too slow.

2-My wife ordered vegetarian risotto but she was served basmati rice with vegetable yet they confirmed that this is risotto. What a disaster! I can eat almost anything but even I couldn't work on that dish. Most likely they ran out of risotto rice and instead they cooked rice with vegetable and served us assuming that we were alright with that being non-Italian!!!

3- one of the waitress served us was lovely but can't speak English at all and it was like pulling a teeth to complete the order given that my wife is Celiac and check some of our orders would certainly be gluten free.

4-this restaurant is a member of "taste London" so it's 2 for 1. However our lovely waitress was unaware of that and I had to explain to her with a great English conversation! Eventually they discounted risotto which was left uneaten anyway.

5- I ordered a glass of red house wine. Guess what they have charged £ 7.95...it was a smooth nice wine yet I would have buy a bottle for that price!

Overall it was a bad experience and I wouldn't recommend anyone to go this restaurant again however we haven't tried pizzas and they may be all right with your own risk...

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Murat K

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Simply horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was looking for a quick cheap meal, so chose an Italian near the hotel. OK it was empty so I should have read the signs. The food was appalling and close to inedible. Fish was rubbery, batter/breadcrumbs (not sure which as same appeared on fried calamari and vitello milanese) was disgusting. Potatoes were both cold and undercooked. Beers were exorbitantly priced. Please avoid this place; I wish I had.

• Visited October 2013
Rome, Italy
“Italian restaurant ?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

They say it is an italian restaurant but the food is not eatable.
We had a couple of spaghetti made with wrong kind of pasta and too cooked.
We had a bad smelly risotto with fish.
Service is unexistent.
We asked for pepper and they took us three different small bottles from which nothing went out.
The bill has been expensive.
I cannot recommend it at all.

• Visited October 2013
“Why, god. Why?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

We went there with the advice of our teachers (traveling in a group of 30).

Let's just put it like this: a bureau shouldn't be in the same room as the tables for your customers, noodles and tomato sauce ought to taste of SOMETHING and a waiter should be able to understand the phrase: "There's a hair in my ice cream!"

Just the worst. Don't go there, unless you're on a really tight budget and don't really care.

Houston, Texas
“Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great time at dinner here. We had steak and chips. Friendly staff and good food. Nice walk from Gloucster Road Tube Stop.

Visited June 2013