“Fantanstic Property”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #16 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I am a frequent international traveler, and travel to London several times a year for work. I have to say I was completely blown away by the Corinthia Hotel during my stay last week. The property itself is absolutely fantastic. Apart from being one of the most stunning hotels I have ever stayed in, the attention to detail and attentive service really set the property apart. The rooms were generous in size, beautifully decorated, and comfortable. The shower and bathrooms were large and luxurious, and the Spa/Gym is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. It is located a block from Trafalgar Square, which was just a short walk from Piccadilly, Leicester Square, Soho, and Covent Gardens. It's now top of my list for my next visit to London. You seriously can't beat it.

2  Thank brysal
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

I was really delighted to read your kind and generous comments. We believe when compared to our illustrious competitors our product truly does give us a competitive advantage. I was glad to read you also see what a fantastic location we have. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Corinthia London. Perhaps next time when you have some leisure time available you should try the Shiatsu inspired treatment or the Bamboo treatment at ESPA Life at Corinthia. Or if time is not on your side and you have a busy schedule, have a look at our Rush Hour treatments. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Corinthia Hotel London

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed for one night and it was exceptional. I stay in hotels quite often and this is probably the best I have ever experienced. The service is exceptional and they do everything possible to make your stay special. It was our anniversary and they brought a gorgeous cake and a card to our room, which was a lovely and personal gesture. There was a slight mix up with the room, so they upgraded us to a suite, which was superb. The swimming pool (stainless steel) is something to be seen. The steam room, sauna, heated lounges and general ambience is wonderful and my wife was delighted. We had a couple of drinks in the bar which was expensive, but to be expected in such wonderful surroundings. We dined elsewhere so can't comment on the food. The Reception Manager, Jean Louis Fresta, really made us feel welcome and special. Lovely location and very quiet in comparison to Covent Garden etc. We booked via Lastminute.com and got a secret hotel deal, which was a pretty good deal. Overall - superb and to be recommended. Much better than other hotels in a similar price bracket.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

I was so pleased to hear that your anniversary was an enjoyable success at the Corinthia London. I was glad to see that you really experienced the wide variety of offerings at the hotel and the cocktails in Bassoon bar are truly delicious and different. I know that the team will be particularly pleased about your comments regarding the service and I will be passing on my thanks to Jean Louis for taking such particular care of you. Your final comment really pleases me. It really shows what excellent value for money we are. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

The London Corinthia hotel is without any question the best hotel in London if not in Europe . I stayed here for a week while on business and found the level of service (excellent hospitality, unobtrusive service that is always there, generosity of management, honesty and attention to the tiniest details) to be one of the best that I have ever experienced in any of my stays in Europe during the past 10 years. As a very frequent travelller, that is a very high commendation.

Besides the outstanding service and staff, the quality of the rooms and their furnishings is stellar. The bathroom is a delight (heated floors, amazing water pressure, generous amenities) as was the room lighting, temperature control, bed comfort and room cleanliness.

I hope the hotel will maintain and strive to continue their current standards and raise the bar for all other hotels in London to follow.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

I am simply delighted to read your generous words about your most recent stay at the Corinthia London. As a frequent traveller myself you really do appreciate a hotel where you can feel comfortable and also know you can get your work done. I am glad we gave you that balance. We put a great deal of thought into the bathrooms at the hotel and the under floor heating is a very pleasant comfort especially now as the weather changes and winter approaches. Rest assured we will be continuing to find every way to enhance the guest experience and will not be resting on our laurels. I do hope we can welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed 3 nights. Room was spacious, service was unbeatable. Restaurant is great. The SPA area is really unique. Probably the best hotel in London.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CEExpert

Thank you for a great review. I appreciate your feedback. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

The London Corinthia is an amazing hotel exuding class on all levels.

I was working here for a few days and stayed in the hotel for a couple of nights and was blown away by the comfort and quality.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and almost completely sound proof.

The bathroom has a heated floor, TV at the end of the bath and everything is spotlessly clean throughout.

But for me, the pinnacle of luxury was the (complimentary) spa. I have never seen anything like this and the multiple experiences within the spa are wonderfully relaxing - a perfect way to ease out the stress of the day. The sauna is beautiful - glass walled with tranquil music makes it difficult to stay awake - although if a nap is what you need, there are sleep pods within the changing area.

The food is excellent as one would expect from a 5 star hotel as is the service and the C&B staff - Erin & Richard - were always on hand and couldn't have been more professional and obliging.

Centrally sited to the key attractions, this is the perfect place for a relaxing base to discover London or to stay over on any business trip

Perfect!

2  Thank homerobscura

Thank you for your generous review of the hotel. We do pay particular importance to making sure the quality of the service matches the comfort of the rooms and the attention to detail we have provided them with. I agree one of the interesting attributes to the hotel is how quiet the rooms are especially those overlooking our Courtyard. I was glad you enjoyed ESPA Life at Corinthia. The use of the Spa is complimentary to all guests staying at the hotel which is a great benefit to be provided such access to a world class facility.

I was glad to read everything went well while you were using our conference facilities. Thank you for your mention of both Eryn and Richard. I know they will be delighted to receive personal feedback.

Reviewed 3 October 2011

Just wanted to say that my husband and I have just come back from celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary at the Corinthia and it was amazing. Our room (executive) was incredible with outstanding detail in all decor. The staff are very welcoming and very professional. Both restaurants are exceptional and the Spa is definately worth visiting. Location is spot on. Will never be staying anywhere else again!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Thank you very much for such a praiseworthy review of Corinthia London. We have 294 bedrooms and suites in the hotel and just over 100 Executive rooms. The vast majority of these are in excess of 45 sqm and do make the most attractive rooms. I am so glad you enjoyed the Spa. It is something pretty special on the London spa scene and we are getting some very good reviews. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel twice in the month of September. We had initially reserved rooms at the Berkeley but then received an offer from jetsetter.com for the Corinthia London and decided to give it a try. We had some reservations with it being a new hotel but once we entered the impressive lobby, went through a very quick and efficient check-in process and were escorted to our incredible room (executive) we knew that we would never stay anywhere else while in London.
This is by far the best you can get for your money while in London, the rooms are huge , the decor is amazing , the service is outstanding , both restaurants are excellent and the spa is nothing short of incredible (you cant miss the pool and thalassotherapy section).
We thought the location to be great, walking to most places and never spent more than 5 minutes in a cab going to dinner in either Knightsbridge or Mayfair. Their concierge staff is very efficient and I think her name is Norah (she is from NY) helped us make our stay in London a most memorable one.
To finish I would like to commend Mr. Dixon and all of his staff for a great job, we can't wait to go back !

Room Tip: All rooms are huge. To book your Airport- hotel - airport transfer use www.batransfer.com super rell...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

I am so glad you took the decision to cancel your rooms at The Berkeley and move to the Corinthia London. It really seems as though some of the outstanding features of the hotel shone through on your stay. The team all take great satisfaction when they read that their personal help with guests has been a distinguishing factor of a stay. Our location is right at the heart of London and whether walking or taking a short taxi ride everything is very accessible. On our website you will see a special video that highlights what can be reached so conveniently from the doorstep of the Corinthia London.