“Corinthia Hotel London - WOW”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #12 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have just returned from a very quick trip to London. I stayed at the Corinthia Hotel which was just spectacular. Located very conveniently at Whitehall Place. Warm welcome after a long flight from San Francisco. Check in very friendly and effcient. Room was terrific. Spacious, extremely comfortable and stunning to look at. Bathroom is great with a huge bathtub. Dressing room with convenient full length mirror - plentiful hanging space and hangers. Hotel has free wi-fi . Spa is pretty much beyond description. Be ready for an experience !! Lounges and restaruants are excellent. Hotel staff - everyone goes the extra mile to be friendly and still very professional. My only complaint - I wasn't there long enough. I am a Travel Consultant and would recommend this Hotel to my clients with total confidence.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank elizabeth94019
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to read your comments. Our beautifully designed bedrooms, most of which are in excess of 45 sqm, are the largest in London. I am pleased that you managed to visit our fantastic Spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia and I hope that you are able to return again soon to experience a longer stay with us.

Matthew Dixon

Write a ReviewReviews (2,611)

Reviewed 28 November 2011

This new hotel is in a great location, just off Trafalgar Square and 1 minute from Embankment tube station. It'san immaculate hotel with sumptuous rooms with large bathrooms. We had an executive room. All the public areas were stunning. If I could find anything to criticise, it would be that the fridge in the room wasn't working and the drinks were warm which wasn't pleasant. Apart from that, a 5 star rating and we will be returning as soon as we possibly can!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

I was extremely pleased to read your comments following your stay at the Corinthia London. We have over 100 Executive Rooms which really do offer excellent and luxurious accommodation in the most generous of all our bedroom categories. I am sorry to learn that you experienced an issue with the fridge in your room and I have asked that this is double checked prior to any guest’s arrival so that we can prevent an occurrence such as this in the future. I am delighted to hear that you will be returning.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

We are still at Corinthia. My husband is on work trip and we decided to stay at the same hotel for few personal days first. The staff was very courteous and gave us a nice upgrade (thanks Jean Louis) since we would be here for 10 days... I have a two year old and hotel staff went above and beyond to store his food and heated his meals (thanks Rui Costa). The hotel is very clean. I am one of those who can see dirt behind frames and this hotel hasn't disappointed me yet. The cups/glass were a bit dusty but nothing major. The rain shower is amazing and the various lighting modes are smart. The light fixtures are placed in a subtle way in the bathroom that it is bright but not in your face lighting. Movement sensor on walkin closet is my favorite . Need to get one of those for my own closet. Very convenient.

The location is very convenient. It is on a nice quiet street and not far from the crowded tourist places. Would definitely come back to stay.

Room Tip: Stay longer:)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Asharky

Thank you very much for your review. Receiving a mention by name is a great motivation for our team and I know that Jean Louis our Reception Manager and Rui Costa in our Housekeeping team will be delighted to hear your feedback. We spent quite some time designing the lighting for our bedrooms, as details like this are very important, so it is very satisfying to read your comments. I very much hope we can welcome you and your family back to the Corinthia London in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel last weekend in London and loved it, we were totally spoiled for any future hotels stays, the Hotel is luxurious and the service impecable, I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a luxury stay in London.

Room Tip: Don't bother with flowers for the room they come already provided !
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

I was extremely pleased to read your kind comments following your stay at the Corinthia London. To be recommended by a guest is one of the greatest compliments to receive so thank you. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Nice Lobby if a little cold,Very good room with walk in wardrobe.Very good breakfast.
Northall restaurant is a very good value.
Downside is that the hotel is not atmospheric and is a little clinical.But as London hotels go...very good.....

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I am delighted you appreciated our carefully designed bedrooms and enjoyed breakfast in The Northall restaurant. I very much hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stay in hotels around 4 nights every week (of every standard from 3*-5*)- I am generally not that easily impressed however the Corinthia BLEW ME AWAY!!

Every details from arrival through to departure (each at a time to suit you, not the hotel's housekeeping department) was perfect.

The staff are friendly and make you feel comfortable and at home - unusual for a 5* in London, rooms are amazing and the Espa spa stunning.

It is not (and should not be) the cheapest option but I can guarantee if you stay here you will not be dissapointed. I will be staying whenever I can!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the inner courtyard - they all have little Juliet balconies
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Reviewer123987

Thank you very much for your glowing review. We are very proud of what we have created at the Corinthia London and I am delighted to read you feedback, particularly as someone who has stayed in and experienced many hotels. To hear that we have got every detail perfect is a great encouragement to me and my team. I am very pleased to hear you will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

An outstanding hotel with exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff. We will definatly be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you very much for your kind comments and I am delighted that you will be returning to the Corinthia London.