“Amazing night's stay”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I took by boyfriend here as a surprise for his birthday. I found the staff very helpful- the room was fantastic- I paid a GBP20 upgrade fee to get a delux room. It was beautiful.

The room was spacious and had everything you could want. The bathroom was stunning and room amenities excellent.

We ordered room service at midnight and it turned up within 15 minutes and was lovely. We also had breakfast which turned up a little earlier than we asked for but was plentiful.

As everyone else has said, the spa is brilliant- in the jacuzzi area there are several different machines which will massage different parts of your body.

The only slight issue we had was finding a bar which was open to guests after 11pm. The Bassoon bar is where reception sent us but there was a birthday party going on that night. A barman eventually got us a drink and sat us in the lobby but it was quite dead so we headed to our room.

Would definitely go again if we could afford it.

1  Thank Mrs-Smith-jones
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

I was delighted to read your review following your stay at the Corinthia London to celebrate your boyfriend’s birthday. Our Deluxe rooms do provide luxurious accommodation including a beautiful marble bathroom with a standalone rain shower and complimentary ESPA bathing products. A visit to ESPA Life at Corinthia should be part of every guest’s stay and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience and in particular the vitality pool on the Spa’s thermal floor. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again.

Matthew Dixon

Write a ReviewReviews (2,639)

Reviewed 19 December 2011

We live in London, but sometimes treat ourselves to a night out... my partner had heard of a new kid on the block which might rival the great and the good of the old guard. Namely The Ritz, The Savoy and The Dorchester....so I booked...

I had heard of the refurbishment and was shocked at the sea of marble, the pillars, the cavernous interiors in which could house a king (where is the recession? certinaly not in London) Oh boy the owners must have deep pockets..

Our room was not ready (even after 4pm) and we were asked to have tea in the lounge....and the General Manager would come out...he never came out....and they charged us for the tea..(perhaps he was more interested in the new X factor winners that were staying) eventually a lovely lady took us up to a wonderful suite overlooking the river Thames (just)...our room was very blue and art-deco..although it was more designer than functional, and very art gallery (quite cold), although the butler service was delightful.. too many little bits..books etc..The GM needs to visit the Savoy and see how it is done...

We had planned to go out for dinner but decided to go to Massimo..The buzz was amazing and the food was as well...we gorged on so much sea food...I commented to my partner "that this could be the best fish restaurant in London"... (sorry Scotts you have some serious competition)..

Room service breakfast was a must and was faultless....they even rung us to get us prepared for their arrival....although where was the salt and pepper?

If your going to visit our wonderful city.. stay somewhere else until they get it perfect...although try Northall or Massimo's because they are up there with the great and good already...

We are Londoners and are wiery of the the new kids on our shores..I am sure if they sort out their check-in and their general attention then they will be up there with the rest.. stay again we will see..dine in the restaurants YES

Room Tip: The higher the better...
2  Thank LBarrett-Scott

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay at the Corinthia London. I am very sorry that you arrival was marred by your room not being ready as first impressions are extremely important. I quite understand that if this had been handled with more attention to detail this could have improved your overall impression of your stay as our guests.

I am delighted to read that you feel we have got things right with our food and restaurant offering. Massimo’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar we feel really does offer something new to the London restaurant scene with its delicious Mediterranean seafood menu. Our In Room Dining experience draws on The Northall’s menu with its emphasis on first class British produce and to enjoy breakfast in your room is a great start to the day, though you are quite right to say that you order should have been double checked for salt and pepper before it was delivered.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback as it is only with this that we can improve on the service and offering we provide. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

The best hotel we have ever stayed in, bar none. The customer service was virtually faultless. The room was comfortable, beautiful and thoughtfully designed. The spa was stunning.

Room Tip: Our room faced Whitehall Place and was perfectly quiet and with a lovely view.
1  Thank Alex A
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for your generous comments about your recent stay at Corinthia London.  We certainly pride ourselves on delivering the best service and I am so glad to hear that your experience with us was second to none.  It’s a pleasure to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and thoughtfully designed – with the majority of our bedrooms measuring in excess of 45sqm (the largest rooms in London) we most definitely placed a lot of thought into the layout & functionality whilst retaining their spacious feel. The spa truly is a stunner – I hope you found time to experience its thermal floor. We look forward welcoming you back to Corinthia London in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here recently, as well as having a meeting in the hotel during the day.

We had a Standard room, but even so it was a decent size with a lovely bathroom. My wife checked in during the afternoon while I was in the meeting and told me that the front desk service was excellent.

My experience of the Ballroom was that it had been lovingly restored from its original state, as is the rest of the hotel.

The one thing that has made me dock a "point" is that we were disappointed with the breakfast. The sausages and bacon looked a little anaemic, while the scrambled egg wasn't very appetising to look at. It was fairly late in the breakfast service, so I'm willing to give them a little leeway, but just felt that it was our only disappointing aspect of the hotel overall.

That said, I would definitely recommend the hotel to anybody wanting a luxury 5-star London experience. It is well located, just a short walk from Charing Cross station and very good for seeing the sights such as Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank HotelExpertSurrey

Thank you very much for your kind comments and I was delighted to hear that the service you received was excellent. I am sorry, however, to learn that you were disappointed with your breakfast experience. This is an area that I have been addressing recently with both our Executive Chef and the Northall restaurant team and I do hope on your next visit that you are able to see an improvement in this area. I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

I didn't stay over at the Corinthia but went to the bar off the back of several recommendations. Unfortunately, I was less than impressed with the service. I frequent a lot of London hotel cocktail bars as I like the ambience but this was not what I was expecting, considering the Corinthia has a 5 star rating.

The bar is beautiful and has an amazing piano come bar thing and lovely decor but the lack of attention from the staff was disappointing considering we were paying £14 a cocktail or thereabouts. It took about 20 minutes for the waitress to come over and take our order- they looked rather rushed off their feet despite the bar not actually being heaving- and then she had to come back to ask again as she'd forgotten what we wanted. Nobody came to check everything was ok once our drinks finally arrived, they didn't clear the table when we had finished our first round until I signalled politely for them to come over. To add to that, the cocktails weren't actually that great!

Don't think I'll be returning. Check out the Langham for drinks instead.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Wandering88

Thank you for sharing your experience with us – it is with such feedback that we can work to resolve some of the issues which, in this instance, have dampened your expectations of Bassoon Bar. I assure you that we strive to deliver a finely tuned and perfected service in our bar & cocktails which reflect the creative expertise that has gone into conceiving them.
I’m glad to see that you like Bassoon’s musically-inspired design – David Collins Studio has done a fantastic job, especially with the grand piano whose lid is designed to function as a chic bar top.  I hope that, upon making some necessary changes, you will visit us again for a true Bassoon Bar experience.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

We have stayed at many hotels over the years in London but I must say that the Corinthia Hotel will now be our home away from home. The hotel is located down the road from Trafalgar Square which makes it close to so much in the way of access to the rest of the city in regards to transporation services. It is also across from the Embankment Station which makes it perfect in connecting with many lines. The hotel atmosphere is elegant. The rooms is spacious and superb in luxury. The moment we arrived to the hotel our luggage was taken from us and immediately brought to our rooms. We were then excorted to our room and shown the ammenities that our room had to offer. There is an unbelievable marble bathroom with warm towels, separate bath, beautiful linens and heated floor. There was also a flat screen TV in the bath area. The service is second to none. There is nothing that you would ask for. From the minute we checked in till the day we left, there was nothing we could have asked for more. We didnt eat within the hotel eateries so I cannot comment on them. There is a fridge in the room, free Wi-Fi, all in all I cannot say enough about this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

To be considered your home away from home is a great compliment and thank you for your glowing review. Our beautifully designed bathrooms are a fantastic experience with their underfloor heating and in-built bath tub TVs. The hotel does benefit from a great location and we are a few minutes walk from several Underground and train stations as well as several London sights and Landmarks including Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament. I do hope on your next visit you are able to experience a meal in either The Northall or Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar or perhaps to enjoy a drink in our bar, Bassoon.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Corinthia Hotel has just become my FAVOURITE London Hotel (and I've stayed at a few!). A 2 minute walk from Embankment station it is fantastically located. I received exceptional service from every member of staff from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The room was more than spacious, very luxurious and we had a walk in wardrobe which my girlfriend loved. The attention to detail is better than any hotel I've stayed in. This has definitely become my hotel of choice when staying in London.

2  Thank Mateen N

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted that the Corinthia is now rated your favourite hotel in London. It is the attention to detail that we believe makes a guests stay so special and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.