“Prime location, gorgeous facilities, attentive staff”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #14 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stopped here for a two-night stay on our return home to the US from parts east, and were at the Corinthia for New Year's Eve. It was just terrific on all fronts. The hotel allowed us to check in very early (8:30 am), which was much appreciated as we'd just taken a red-eye into Heathrow. We interacted with registration, concierge and housekeeping staff; all were very helpful. The hotel has true pride of place, just off the Thames with two tube stops across the street, the London Eye right across the bridge, and within easy walking distance of so many other central London features. For seeing the fireworks, there really couldn't have been a better location. Our room was chic and well appointed, quiet, and just lovely; I think our kids spent a full 15 minutes oooh-ing over the heated bathroom floor. The only oddity was the absence of a full plug for the blow dryer in the bathroom (only sufficient for a shaver), so I had to dry my hair in the bar area with its mirror, but this was a minor matter and any negative feelings were easily offset by the flat screen TV above the cavernous tub with waterproof remote :-). I also visited the spa which is just beautiful, one of the very best I've ever seen and with good service. We would recommend this hotel highly for both families and business travelers.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

I was extremely pleased to read your review following your stay over New Year’s Eve. The hotel is certainly ideally located for experiencing the New Year’s Eve fireworks on the River Thames which are right on our doorstep. Thank you for your kind comments about our team and the service they provide which is such a vital aspect of any guest’s stay.
Concerning the absence of a full plug in the bathroom we are unable to provide these for health & safety reasons within the bathroom environment. Because of this each of our rooms includes a mobile mirror which can be placed within a convenient distance to the plugs within the room. This mirror is kept in different locations within the room, depending on the room type and this should have been explained to you on arrival during our orientation of the room. I am very sorry if this was not the case. Subsequently I have also asked our Executive Housekeeper to double check that each room does have a mobile mirror and that none are missing.
Thank you very much for your review and I hope we can welcome you and your family back to the hotel when you are next visiting London.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,608)

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed here one night with my sister. It took us a little time to find the entrance, as there is an entrance to a (very popular) hotel bar on the opposite side of the building to the hotel reception which we got a little muddled by.
The room was luxurious and spotlessly clean, but a little smaller than I had imagined (compared to other 5* stars, like the Savoy), however, we were in a corner room which may have been the reason why, The facilities in the room were great though - the bathroom had a luxury shower with an overhead 'rain' effect and a bath complete with TV! There was also a Nespresso machine and a full size hairdryer which I appreciated.
The highlight of the hotel for us without a doubt though was the spa facilities, which were gorgeous and a real treat, complete with a number of jacuzzi jets, large sauna, steam room and pool. The staff in the spa were very helpful too.
Final plus of this hotel is the position which is great for most theatres, accesible to Southbank and a short walk from the Parks. All in all a very nice hotel,

Room Tip: Corner rooms are possibly smaller
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank viajera0712

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide some valuable feedback on your most recent stay at the Corinthia London.

The main hotel entrance is on Whitehall Place, but we do also have an entrance on Northumberland Avenue and both Massimo’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar and The Northall restaurant also have entrances onto Northumberland Avenue which may have been where some confusion arose on your arrival. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the Spa and in particular enjoyed the thermal floor at ESPA Life at Corinthia. This experience is available to all our guests and really is a highlight not to be missed. The hotel certainly is ideally located for many of London’s attractions and theatres.

Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I LOVED this hotel. We stayed over New Year for two nights. We were greeted upon arrival by the doormen who were very friendly, the lobby entrance was stunning, the reception staff were friendly and professional.

Our room was an executive room, which I could not fault in any way whatsoever, plenty of space, every amenity one could want for a hotel stay (fully stocked minibar, pens, paper, great TV, air con/heating, large comfy bed, fluffy pillows, ironing board/iron, excellent coffee machine, interesting books to read....). The bathroom was just as amazing, excellent shower, separate toilet/bidet, jacuzzi bath with television, ESPA toilettries, twin sinks, great lighting (for our make up girls!!).

The location was excellent too and enabled us to see far more of London than we normally do during our stay. We tend to stay in the Mayfair area but the Corinthia gives you an opportunity to walk along the embankment, get to the Eye easily, Picadilly Circus/Trafalger/Convent Garden/Oxford Street are all within walking distance. We never used the tube at all during our stay and visited all the areas I have stated.

The decor in the hotel again is perfect, its glamourous and yet modern but also doesnt feel too "posh" that it intimidates you as some 5 star hotels can. We are lucky to be able to afford top hotels and we have worked hard for this but we are not "posh". We like a luxurious hotel when we go away without the pompous atmosphere that you can get at some hotels.

We never ate at the hotel during this trip as we had prior arrangments to eat elsewhere but I dont doubt it would have been fabulous.

This will definately now be my choice of hotel when visiting London, so glad I found it and absoluely cannot wait to stay again!!!

If you can afford to stay here, STAY!! Its fabulous. Thank you to all at the Corinthia for our pleasurable stay.

2  Thank Debsydoorknocker
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Corinthia London, which I took great pleasure in reading. We certainly aim to provide the warmth of a ‘home away from home’ whilst also delivering complete luxury & 21st century amenities. It’s great to see that our very central location was beneficial to you and that our service pleased you. I can see in reading your review that Corinthia London’s amenities surpassed expectations and this is great news as we truly strive to deliver every possible comfort to our guests. We greatly look forward to welcoming you again & hope you get the opportunity to try our two fabulously-received restaurants – The Northall and Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar. Happy New Year - we are so glad that you chose to spend yours with us.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Just back from 5 terrific nights. Perfect, comfy rooms. Amazing shower. We have also stayed at the Savoy this year, which we loved, and the Corinthian is equally luxurious, with less hubbub and a bit more desirable location ( 2 tube lines right out the door). We conveniently walked in every direction. Breakfast was lovely and you will keep saying "wow" as you take in the gorgeous decor.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Webster37
Reviewed 21 December 2011

A Hotel? No more. Luxurious? No more. A SPA? No more. This is truly a resort town without any compromise. I stayed in more than 1,000 luxury hotels in the world but never found a service so attentive. Staff were polite and discreet. A perfect evening turn down. Chocolates, water, fruit and orchids are always present in the room. Each request is answered quickly. Definitely the best hotel in all 2011 where I was.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank bestmilano
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you very much for your review and I was delighted to read your kind comments. We do believe we have created a unique luxury hotel offering for London at the Corinthia and this is high praise indeed. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Corinthia London again soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

I took by boyfriend here as a surprise for his birthday. I found the staff very helpful- the room was fantastic- I paid a GBP20 upgrade fee to get a delux room. It was beautiful.

The room was spacious and had everything you could want. The bathroom was stunning and room amenities excellent.

We ordered room service at midnight and it turned up within 15 minutes and was lovely. We also had breakfast which turned up a little earlier than we asked for but was plentiful.

As everyone else has said, the spa is brilliant- in the jacuzzi area there are several different machines which will massage different parts of your body.

The only slight issue we had was finding a bar which was open to guests after 11pm. The Bassoon bar is where reception sent us but there was a birthday party going on that night. A barman eventually got us a drink and sat us in the lobby but it was quite dead so we headed to our room.

Would definitely go again if we could afford it.

1  Thank Mrs-Smith-jones

I was delighted to read your review following your stay at the Corinthia London to celebrate your boyfriend’s birthday. Our Deluxe rooms do provide luxurious accommodation including a beautiful marble bathroom with a standalone rain shower and complimentary ESPA bathing products. A visit to ESPA Life at Corinthia should be part of every guest’s stay and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience and in particular the vitality pool on the Spa’s thermal floor. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

We live in London, but sometimes treat ourselves to a night out... my partner had heard of a new kid on the block which might rival the great and the good of the old guard. Namely The Ritz, The Savoy and The Dorchester....so I booked...

I had heard of the refurbishment and was shocked at the sea of marble, the pillars, the cavernous interiors in which could house a king (where is the recession? certinaly not in London) Oh boy the owners must have deep pockets..

Our room was not ready (even after 4pm) and we were asked to have tea in the lounge....and the General Manager would come out...he never came out....and they charged us for the tea..(perhaps he was more interested in the new X factor winners that were staying) eventually a lovely lady took us up to a wonderful suite overlooking the river Thames (just)...our room was very blue and art-deco..although it was more designer than functional, and very art gallery (quite cold), although the butler service was delightful.. too many little bits..books etc..The GM needs to visit the Savoy and see how it is done...

We had planned to go out for dinner but decided to go to Massimo..The buzz was amazing and the food was as well...we gorged on so much sea food...I commented to my partner "that this could be the best fish restaurant in London"... (sorry Scotts you have some serious competition)..

Room service breakfast was a must and was faultless....they even rung us to get us prepared for their arrival....although where was the salt and pepper?

If your going to visit our wonderful city.. stay somewhere else until they get it perfect...although try Northall or Massimo's because they are up there with the great and good already...

We are Londoners and are wiery of the the new kids on our shores..I am sure if they sort out their check-in and their general attention then they will be up there with the rest.. stay again we will see..dine in the restaurants YES

Room Tip: The higher the better...
2  Thank LBarrett-Scott

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay at the Corinthia London. I am very sorry that you arrival was marred by your room not being ready as first impressions are extremely important. I quite understand that if this had been handled with more attention to detail this could have improved your overall impression of your stay as our guests.

I am delighted to read that you feel we have got things right with our food and restaurant offering. Massimo’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar we feel really does offer something new to the London restaurant scene with its delicious Mediterranean seafood menu. Our In Room Dining experience draws on The Northall’s menu with its emphasis on first class British produce and to enjoy breakfast in your room is a great start to the day, though you are quite right to say that you order should have been double checked for salt and pepper before it was delivered.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback as it is only with this that we can improve on the service and offering we provide. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.