“New Year 2011”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #15 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 January 2012

First impressions on arrival at the hotel was excellent, all of the staff were extremely polite and very helpful and this continued throughout the duration of our stay over the New Year celebrations.

The hotel itself is very impressive, the decoration and refurbishment has been done to an extremely high standard with all requirements for the duration of your stay being catered for.

We had a problem with the television in our room as it wasn't working, an engineer was sent up immediately and as the problem could not be resolved we were offered a replacement room and a free upgrade for the inconvenience caused.

On New Year's eve we dined in the Northall Restaurant and my husband and I were the only two people dining in the whole restaurant which was a treat. The food was excellent and the service could not be faulted.

On our second evening we decided to order a meal via room service and were told it would take no more than 25 minutes, time elapsed and our meal arrived somewhat later than originally advised as there had been a mix up with the rooms. This meal was provided complimentary with sincere apologies for the delay.

The whole experience was definitely 5* and we both had a wonderful time as the location was perfectly situated for the New Year's Eve celebrations at the London Eye.

We would recommend this hotel and are looking forward to planning a return trip soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

I was delighted to read your comments following your stay at the Corinthia London for New Year. The hotel is certainly ideally located opposite the London Eye for enjoying London’s New Year’s Eve celebrations. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed dining in The Northall where we are providing the best of British cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal produce.

I was sorry to learn that you had experienced a couple of issues during your stay, but glad to hear that these were swiftly resolved to your satisfaction. It is important to me to hear your feedback about how our team respond when such issues arise.

I am pleased to hear that you are planning a return visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stopped here for a two-night stay on our return home to the US from parts east, and were at the Corinthia for New Year's Eve. It was just terrific on all fronts. The hotel allowed us to check in very early (8:30 am), which was much appreciated as we'd just taken a red-eye into Heathrow. We interacted with registration, concierge and housekeeping staff; all were very helpful. The hotel has true pride of place, just off the Thames with two tube stops across the street, the London Eye right across the bridge, and within easy walking distance of so many other central London features. For seeing the fireworks, there really couldn't have been a better location. Our room was chic and well appointed, quiet, and just lovely; I think our kids spent a full 15 minutes oooh-ing over the heated bathroom floor. The only oddity was the absence of a full plug for the blow dryer in the bathroom (only sufficient for a shaver), so I had to dry my hair in the bar area with its mirror, but this was a minor matter and any negative feelings were easily offset by the flat screen TV above the cavernous tub with waterproof remote :-). I also visited the spa which is just beautiful, one of the very best I've ever seen and with good service. We would recommend this hotel highly for both families and business travelers.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

I was extremely pleased to read your review following your stay over New Year’s Eve. The hotel is certainly ideally located for experiencing the New Year’s Eve fireworks on the River Thames which are right on our doorstep. Thank you for your kind comments about our team and the service they provide which is such a vital aspect of any guest’s stay.
Concerning the absence of a full plug in the bathroom we are unable to provide these for health & safety reasons within the bathroom environment. Because of this each of our rooms includes a mobile mirror which can be placed within a convenient distance to the plugs within the room. This mirror is kept in different locations within the room, depending on the room type and this should have been explained to you on arrival during our orientation of the room. I am very sorry if this was not the case. Subsequently I have also asked our Executive Housekeeper to double check that each room does have a mobile mirror and that none are missing.
Thank you very much for your review and I hope we can welcome you and your family back to the hotel when you are next visiting London.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I stayed here one night with my sister. It took us a little time to find the entrance, as there is an entrance to a (very popular) hotel bar on the opposite side of the building to the hotel reception which we got a little muddled by.
The room was luxurious and spotlessly clean, but a little smaller than I had imagined (compared to other 5* stars, like the Savoy), however, we were in a corner room which may have been the reason why, The facilities in the room were great though - the bathroom had a luxury shower with an overhead 'rain' effect and a bath complete with TV! There was also a Nespresso machine and a full size hairdryer which I appreciated.
The highlight of the hotel for us without a doubt though was the spa facilities, which were gorgeous and a real treat, complete with a number of jacuzzi jets, large sauna, steam room and pool. The staff in the spa were very helpful too.
Final plus of this hotel is the position which is great for most theatres, accesible to Southbank and a short walk from the Parks. All in all a very nice hotel,

Room Tip: Corner rooms are possibly smaller
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank viajera0712

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide some valuable feedback on your most recent stay at the Corinthia London.

The main hotel entrance is on Whitehall Place, but we do also have an entrance on Northumberland Avenue and both Massimo’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar and The Northall restaurant also have entrances onto Northumberland Avenue which may have been where some confusion arose on your arrival. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the Spa and in particular enjoyed the thermal floor at ESPA Life at Corinthia. This experience is available to all our guests and really is a highlight not to be missed. The hotel certainly is ideally located for many of London’s attractions and theatres.

Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I LOVED this hotel. We stayed over New Year for two nights. We were greeted upon arrival by the doormen who were very friendly, the lobby entrance was stunning, the reception staff were friendly and professional.

Our room was an executive room, which I could not fault in any way whatsoever, plenty of space, every amenity one could want for a hotel stay (fully stocked minibar, pens, paper, great TV, air con/heating, large comfy bed, fluffy pillows, ironing board/iron, excellent coffee machine, interesting books to read....). The bathroom was just as amazing, excellent shower, separate toilet/bidet, jacuzzi bath with television, ESPA toilettries, twin sinks, great lighting (for our make up girls!!).

The location was excellent too and enabled us to see far more of London than we normally do during our stay. We tend to stay in the Mayfair area but the Corinthia gives you an opportunity to walk along the embankment, get to the Eye easily, Picadilly Circus/Trafalger/Convent Garden/Oxford Street are all within walking distance. We never used the tube at all during our stay and visited all the areas I have stated.

The decor in the hotel again is perfect, its glamourous and yet modern but also doesnt feel too "posh" that it intimidates you as some 5 star hotels can. We are lucky to be able to afford top hotels and we have worked hard for this but we are not "posh". We like a luxurious hotel when we go away without the pompous atmosphere that you can get at some hotels.

We never ate at the hotel during this trip as we had prior arrangments to eat elsewhere but I dont doubt it would have been fabulous.

This will definately now be my choice of hotel when visiting London, so glad I found it and absoluely cannot wait to stay again!!!

If you can afford to stay here, STAY!! Its fabulous. Thank you to all at the Corinthia for our pleasurable stay.

2  Thank Debsydoorknocker
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Corinthia London, which I took great pleasure in reading. We certainly aim to provide the warmth of a ‘home away from home’ whilst also delivering complete luxury & 21st century amenities. It’s great to see that our very central location was beneficial to you and that our service pleased you. I can see in reading your review that Corinthia London’s amenities surpassed expectations and this is great news as we truly strive to deliver every possible comfort to our guests. We greatly look forward to welcoming you again & hope you get the opportunity to try our two fabulously-received restaurants – The Northall and Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar. Happy New Year - we are so glad that you chose to spend yours with us.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Just back from 5 terrific nights. Perfect, comfy rooms. Amazing shower. We have also stayed at the Savoy this year, which we loved, and the Corinthian is equally luxurious, with less hubbub and a bit more desirable location ( 2 tube lines right out the door). We conveniently walked in every direction. Breakfast was lovely and you will keep saying "wow" as you take in the gorgeous decor.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Webster37
Reviewed 21 December 2011

A Hotel? No more. Luxurious? No more. A SPA? No more. This is truly a resort town without any compromise. I stayed in more than 1,000 luxury hotels in the world but never found a service so attentive. Staff were polite and discreet. A perfect evening turn down. Chocolates, water, fruit and orchids are always present in the room. Each request is answered quickly. Definitely the best hotel in all 2011 where I was.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank bestmilano
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you very much for your review and I was delighted to read your kind comments. We do believe we have created a unique luxury hotel offering for London at the Corinthia and this is high praise indeed. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Corinthia London again soon.

Matthew Dixon

Reviewed 21 December 2011

I took by boyfriend here as a surprise for his birthday. I found the staff very helpful- the room was fantastic- I paid a GBP20 upgrade fee to get a delux room. It was beautiful.

The room was spacious and had everything you could want. The bathroom was stunning and room amenities excellent.

We ordered room service at midnight and it turned up within 15 minutes and was lovely. We also had breakfast which turned up a little earlier than we asked for but was plentiful.

As everyone else has said, the spa is brilliant- in the jacuzzi area there are several different machines which will massage different parts of your body.

The only slight issue we had was finding a bar which was open to guests after 11pm. The Bassoon bar is where reception sent us but there was a birthday party going on that night. A barman eventually got us a drink and sat us in the lobby but it was quite dead so we headed to our room.

Would definitely go again if we could afford it.

1  Thank Mrs-Smith-jones

I was delighted to read your review following your stay at the Corinthia London to celebrate your boyfriend’s birthday. Our Deluxe rooms do provide luxurious accommodation including a beautiful marble bathroom with a standalone rain shower and complimentary ESPA bathing products. A visit to ESPA Life at Corinthia should be part of every guest’s stay and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience and in particular the vitality pool on the Spa’s thermal floor. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again.

Matthew Dixon