“Outstanding Hotel, worth every penny”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #16 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Darlington
“Outstanding Hotel, worth every penny”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary weekend as a treat, but what a treat it was. The dinner, bed and breakfast package was great value and the food and service were outstanding. We had breakfast in the room, all served for us, and were upgraded to an Executive room which was large and lavish. All the details were there, this place is simply amazing. We felt like royalty.
A big thanks must go to Isobel Marcilla the Guest Relations Manager - she did an overwhelming job for us, and helped make it so special.
The ESPA was fantastic, so well designed and atmospheric. If you want to stay somewhere special in London, then don't look further.

Room Tip: Rooms with courtyard views are probably quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for your great review – it is wonderful to be recommended as a special hotel to stay at. I’m glad you enjoyed our ‘Springtime Splendour Package’ & found the service to be outstanding. Our rooms are very spacious and some of the largest in London’s luxury hotel market; we’re glad you enjoyed all the details. Isabel will be delighted to hear this feedback and thank you very much for your kind comments. Our ESPA Life at Corinthia spa is certainly a very luxurious and atmospheric offering and I’m pleased you enjoyed it. We hope to welcome you to Corinthia London again soon.

Matthew Dixon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I love everything about Corinthia. Very nice and helpful staff, well- equipped rooms, beautiful building, the best breakfast in London served in a stunning space, two amazing restaurants, and great spa. The place to stay in London at the moment. A head above the competition.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review – it is great to read that you recommend us so highly. I’m glad you enjoyed our spacious, well-equipped rooms and that you found the breakfast at The Northall restaurant to be the best in London. We hope to welcome you again soon.

UK
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Pleasantly surprised by our stay here. We booked a 'top secret' lastminute deal and I hadn't heard of the hotel before. Communal areas are very elegant. Wonderful afternoon tea and dinner. Rooms not huge (even with upgrades) but well appointed.

Staff helpful. Well located although not in the Mayfair hotspot. Very expensive to stay here but some of the deals on their website are v attractive eg the low season dinner bed and breakfast option.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank likest0travel
I’m pleased to hear you had a pleasant first experience at Corinthia London and what a great way to be introduced to a new hotel.

I’m also glad to hear you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea in The Lobby Lounge – several of our teas are signature blends and our cakes have been designed by renowned pastry chef, Claire Clark, making it quite a unique experience.

As you mentioned, we are located away from Mayfair and are just a few minutes’ walk away from Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, The Strand, The Southbank and also Charing Cross Station, Westminster and London’s theatre scene.

We are glad to offer several packages on our website to encourage our guests to have a full experience of the hotel – such as a spa treatment or afternoon tea included in their stay. We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to Corinthia London.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Clearly when you spend well over £200 for a room you expect it to be good and there are quite a few in this high-end 5 star category in London. After reading the other reviews on here I knew the Corinthia was going to be good but for an all-important anniversary weekend it had to be awesome. It was. The staff were the most polite and attentive I have ever encountered (this can be unnerving at first but you get used to it!), you have use of the incredible Espa Spa under the hotel and, because we had a room facing the courtyard, one of the quietest hotel rooms I have stayed in. We were upgraded to an Executive Room and had chocolates and fruit in the room. The room was spotless and had every luxury you could reasonably ask for, the bed was very comfortable and the Loewe LED TV was exactly what you'd expect. The real bonus is that you can check-in and out whenever you like and really allowed us to make the most of the hotel and its central location.

Room Tip: If it's a special occasion, tell them, they may upgrade your room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review, which I took great pleasure in reading. It is fantastic to hear that your expectations of Corinthia London were high and they were still surpassed.

We certainly strive for a team culture that attracts and inspires dedicated, passionate professionals - therefore I am very pleased to read that our team were the most polite and attentive you have encountered.

I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel spa – ESPA Life at Corinthia. The thermal floor is certainly a great experience and as it is included in all our guests’ stays – I would highly recommend reserving a few hours of your time to experience it. The ESPA Life gym is also very well equipped and open 24 hours a day.

I’m glad you experienced our Executive room offering and appreciated our flexible check-in / check-out policy, which encourages our guests to arrive and depart leisurely at whichever hour suits them.

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stay in 50 - 60 different hotels a year and this is the best hotel I've booked for several years.

The service is superb, staff are well trained and extremely professional and the rooms are clean, new and fit for purpose. The decor was quite "business like", even "Hilton-esk" (sorry) and my personal preference is an edgy, boutique style hotel. However, this hotel is perfect, it's even luxurious, just a fraction clinical.

Overall, I'd give it 9.5 / 10 -- The cooked breakfast was the best I've ever tasted,room service at 2am was like lightening and the food wasn't too bad. The bed was amazingly comfortable and I even looked at who supplied their mattresses so I could get one.

If you're unsure about where to stay, I'd stay here, it's a safe bet and you'll leave delighted.

Room Tip: As for an upgrade ;)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
I greatly enjoyed your review and was pleased to read that you feel Corinthia London is the best hotel you have booked in years.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your In Room Dining experience; we aim to deliver fantastic food to our guests’ rooms at all hours & will certainly make sure that standards are monitored to meet that aim. It was, however, great to hear that our room service is very timely.

Our beds get a lot of compliments and we hope you’re able to enjoy them again soon (if not at home).

Matthew Dixon,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have experienced great customer service, excellent team in place and outstanding service from the Hotel's team, without exception.

I have worked with numerous venues because of my work, and can proudly say: never experienced such a great support, so efficiently then working with Corinthia.

Thank you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
I was delighted to read your review following your stay at the Corinthia London. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our excellent team & outstanding service.
I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again.

Matthew Dixon,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2012

"Wow" is the only word to easily sum up this hotel! The location, service, and design are truly top notch. Add that to the room size, staff and quality of the decor both in the rooms and the lobby/restaurant areas easily make this hotel the best in London! You must visit the Spa to believe it..probably the best spa in the world! From someone who has virtually lived in hotels in the past, I felt spoiled and hated to leave this hotel. The word is out on this hotel, go see this place to believe it!

2 Thank botjam
Thank you very much for the glowing review of Corinthia London - what a compliment it is to be recommended as the best hotel in London.
It was very nice to read that our team looked after you so well & that you found our location, service & design to be top notch. I am also glad to see that you enjoyed your room - measuring an average of 45m², our rooms are among the largest in their category in London’s luxury hotel market. As you mentioned, our ESPA Life spa certainly has to be seen to be believed; I’m sure the ESPA team will be happy to hear that you consider them to be the best.

The hotel does indeed benefit from a fantastic location and our team truly takes pride in delivering great service - I am happy to read that you felt this was the case. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future and to providing you with the same “wow” experience.