“EXCEPTIONAL”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #14 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have stayed in many incredible hotels... and this is by far the best hotel in any city I have ever stayed at. The quality of every furnishing in the rooms- from the light switches, the phone, to the bathroom, the bedding, & carpeting- the quality is incredible. They checked us in when we arrived from an international flight at 8am... the most amazing service you can imagine when you just want to put your head down. The hotel is quiet, the room had a ton of closet space and a huge table to put our stuff down.The spa is the nicest I have ever seen with my eyes. I cannot wait for our next visit to London, so that we can experience the Corinthia service again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

I was delighted to read how much you had enjoyed your stay at the Corinthia London. A lot of thought and planning went into the design and the details of our bedrooms, the majority of which are in excess of 45 sqm, so it is very nice to hear you appreciated your room’s quality.

Our team are very understanding of our guests’ needs and after an 8 hour flight I am very pleased to hear that they gave you a warm welcome and that you were able to benefit from our 24 hour check in policy.

Our ESPA Life spa in a very unique offering and one we are proud of – I’m glad you enjoyed it. If you enjoy spa treatments, ESPA Life also does a fantastic post-flight unwind package that would be a great experience for your next visit.

Matthew Dixon

Write a ReviewReviews (2,642)

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I took my husband to the Corinthia for his birthday last Saturday 24th March. The hotel was stunning and because it was my husband's birthday they gave us a room upgrade to a fabulous room with a balcony overlooking the inner courtyard which was so peaceful. Everything about this hotel is superb from the moment the staff greet you to the moment you check out. We didn't want to leave and will certainly return as soon as we can.
If you are looking for a recommendation before you book then don't hesitate - you will not find a better hotel in London - I stayed at the Savoy with my mother last year and on balance I think this was a much nicer hotel with friendlier staff.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are lovely - just ask!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review and I’m very pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. Our Courtyard facing rooms are very peaceful, as you mentioned and I’m glad our team presented you both with an upgrade for this special occasion.

It is always such a pleasure to hear that our guests don’t want to leave and cannot wait to return – thank you for this wonderful feedback. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at The Corinthia some 5 months ago and wrote a review then. During that visit, not everything was as it ought to have been for a 5 star property - there was room for improvement. Upon my recent return, I found that everything worked like clock work. It was truly flawless.

Service was exceptional at all levels in the restaurants, bar and reception. It was clearly obvious that all the staff had made a real effort to improve on the areas where I had commented upon in my earlier review and now there was a perfect understanding of a guests' needs and more importantly anticipating it before one had to ask.

Special mention must go to the staff in the breakfast room who made such an improvement from my last visit. They really behaved like true professionals in their field surpassing my expectations of service standards. Their recollection of my preferences from my previous visit simply floored me. There was no necessity to remind them of what I wanted for breakfast during my weeks' stay, they politely checked if my preferences were the same each day.

The staff have managed so well to pull off what The Four Seasons and The Mandarin Oriental Hotels are so renowned for - guest recognition - this time without exception they all had it nailed down.

As on my first visit, Domenico and his staff at the Bassoon Bar were just simply fantastic, making me feel at ease and relaxed upon my return after hectic days at the office. The Managers Michelangelo, Maud and Renaud were ever so gracious and always checking to ensure that all was in order. Special mention also to Head Concierge Daren who obtained a ticket for War Horse, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The Concierge team was fantastic and did not bat an eyelid to my ever demanding and constant requests. - Thank you.

One other noticeable change, perhaps since I recognize them now; is that there was always a clear visibility of Management at all times, whether one was in the restaurant or public spaces; unobtrusive though but keeping a watchful eye over service standards.

Bravo for the improvements and exceptional attention to detail and service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your excellent comments about your recent visit to the Corinthia. I am really encouraged that you found such improvement since your first visit - hearing that your experience was “truly flawless” is music to our ears.

I took great pleasure in reading that our service was exceptional on all levels. The Northall Restaurant, Bassoon Bar, Lobby Lounge & Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar teams will be very happy to hear that the level of service they provide has been appreciated. I am glad to hear that you experienced and enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. I’m especially pleased to read that The Northall’s breakfast team have pleased you – this is certainly the level of service we aim to provide in all areas. As you have highlighted guest recognition is greatly important and I hope that this comes easily for our very enthusiastic, genuine team members.

I truly enjoyed reading about your experience in Bassoon Bar – what a fabulous feeling to have after a long day at the office. I’m glad that our team have looked after you so well – we all look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

As a professional working in the film industry, I was inclined to stay at this hotel as it seems all the A List stars and movie producers have made the Corinthia their home in London. I can see why, the hotel is spectacular.

Excellent location just a 5 minute walk to Trafalgar square. Modern gadgets are in abundance, I particularly fell in love with the intelligent lighting in my room and best of all, the walk-in wardrobe, a paradise for the ladies with full size mirrors and plenty of closet space.
An abundance of TV channels and state of the art bathroom (especially the shower) places this hotel amongst the best for accommodation in central London.
The public areas are very pleasant with plenty of natural light. High Tea is popular and a good excuse to treat your loved ones or business associate.

The hotel is brand new. It’s clearly evident that the owners did not cut corners. I was given a tour of the SPA, which is just incredible and only wished I had the time to chill out. I only stayed for 2 nights (19-21st March) and sad I didn’t have more time to indulge in the delights of this wonderful property.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you very much for your review – it is great to hear that you found Corinthia London to be spectacular & a worthy home to your fellow film professionals.
As you mentioned, we’re located a few minutes walk away from Trafalgar Square, as well as Covent Garden, Westminster, Piccadily Circus and the Southbank. I’m glad to hear that you like the lighting and walk-in wardrobes in our bedrooms – we have certainly tried to create a relaxing ambience whilst also thinking about the all-important practicalities, such as closet space & our large, full length mirrors. The bathrooms are quite a special feature with their heated marble floors, rainfall showers and large baths with built in TVs.
I’m very happy to hear you were given a tour of our ESPA Life spa and hope you are able to visit us again soon to experience ESPA Life’s thermal floor area, or one of their fantastic treatments, such as the Bamboo Harmoniser Treatment.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Upon arrival, we were welcomed back, even though we'd only enjoyed their wonderful high tea last July. We were escorted to our beautiful room--a room so beautiful that we felt like it was a vacation in itself. We arrived with rather bad jetlag so we immediately crawled into bed. We were never disturbed with outside noise or any noise from the hallway. Our room was quiet, very quiet, our entire stay. The bathroom was also magnificent and HUGE; including a “rain” shower, a bathtub big enough for two, a heated floor, and separate sinks. The hotel appeared to have painstakingly pursued every detail imaginable. But, with all the attention to detail, the staff was as warm and friendly as any we've ever encountered. We spoiled ourselves with incredible in-room dining (three times, I believe). The location was also perfect for our exploration of London (for instance, walking distance to Her Majesty's Theatre). I can't imagine a better location, actually. OK...I've reached the conclusion this might indeed be the finest hotel that we've experienced in all our travels! (Oh, and don't miss high tea during your stay!)

Room Tip: Our room was not on the street side, which might have made a difference in the room being so quiet.
2  Thank Giles101
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

I greatly enjoyed reading your glowing review of Corinthia London. To be considered the finest hotel you’ve experienced on all your travels is certainly a great compliment. Thank you.

It is pleasing to know you enjoyed our spacious and luxurious rooms and bathrooms as they were designed with these key qualities in mind and attention to detail is certainly at the core of all we offer. I am also happy to hear that our team were the warmest you have encountered, I am delighted to see their dedication and personalities are shining through.

The hotel does indeed benefit from a fantastic location as it is in walking distance to Covent Garden, London’s Theatre scene, the Southbank, Westminster, Waterloo, Soho, to name a few. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future and to providing you with another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

This hotel is in a perfect location, across the street from Embankment tube station, and which has a pedestrian bridge to cross the Thames where you will be at the foot of the Eye... The Corinthia was a 2 minute walk to Trafalgar square, and literally within 10 minutes walk to almost every theatre in the West End!!!!
The beauty of this hotel is in the all the fine details... The common areas are stunning, and the restaurants are incredibly beautiful. We ate breakfast daily in Northhall. Our room package included a British breakfast. The food was great however we ordered our eggs as the scramble they serve are a little too liquid for our taste.... The rooms- we had A King Superior our first 2 nights which was very nicely appointed.. Although views are the not the strong point if this property, the room itself makes up for it. The bedroom area is wonderfully appointed with Harrods brand refreshments, wonderful plates and glasses to use and a Nespresso Espresso machine. The bathroom is a delight with a large bathtub, an amazing shower, and nice vanity area...the only drawback is the limited sized closet.... Don't expect to put a weeks worth of clothing in there....
On our third day we experienced a horrible sewer smell.. Engineering was sent and they thought they repaired the problem but an hour later when we returned to the room, the smell was even worse. The front desk manager promised to move us to another room.... My Partner and I packed and waited.... I called again and was told the keys would be right up... 40 minutes later I went to the front desk to move ourselves... The manager could not have been more polite and apologetic for the delay... He immediately made keys and got a bellman cart himself to assist us with our move... He even upgraded us to a beautiful Riverview Suite- which was the most beautiful set I have ever stayed in Europe. This was a nice way to end our stay and a wonderful example of the great service provided by the staff of this property.
The ESPA spa is very nice and the hydrotherapy wet area and sauna were perfect after long days of walking in the beautiful West End...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review & for highlighting our very central location – as you have said, we are perfectly positioned for London’s theatre scene, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square and the Southbank. I’m happy to hear that our location enhanced your stay.

The hotel’s designers have done a truly magnificent job and have paid attention to the fine details, which is a quality we strive to endorse in every aspect of our hotel.

I am extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed our room offering - measuring an average of45m², they are among the largest in their category in London’s luxury hotel market. The location and shape of the building means that the views vary from River views, to Northumberland Avenue and Whitehall Place outlooks; and we also have inner facing rooms which look down into our courtyard and the beautifully lit, ‘Full Moon’ crystal chandelier. I’m pleased that you enjoyed the interiors and the mini bar’s Nespresso and Harrods’ offerings. 70% of our rooms have walk-in wardrobes so it is a shame that you were allocated a room with a small wardrobe; many thanks for this feedback, I will share this with our Reservations and Front office teams.

I’m sorry to hear about your room experience and the time it took to be moved to a new room. However, I am very glad that our manager rectified this issue and was able to offer you one of our beautiful River view suites.

Myself and the team hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed at the Corinthia this summer and wrote a review saying it would be fantastic......when it was finished. I urged readers to wait a few months whilst the hotel worked out the kinks and I gave the hotel an average rating.
Last week I returned and all I can say is," Wow!"
Eight months later the hotel is running flawlessly.
Of course the location was and is still perfect but now the hotel shines and hums.
Afternoon tea is not to be missed. The scones are amazing.
It is time for the five star review.
I can't wait until my next stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

I took great pleasure in reading your review – it is great to hear that your recent experience resulted in a ‘wow!’ It is always very important to receive guest feedback and to address it constructively. The valuable insight gained from your initial review is certainly an example of how we have managed to iron out any opening phase ‘kinks’ through what our guests tell us; thank you for this. I am pleased that you have returned to Corinthia London to enjoy all it has to offer, not least our Afternoon Tea. We hope to welcome you on your next visit.