“beautiful hotel”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #14 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel is a wonderful and beautiful hotel in a amazing location. I love this hotel and will definitely be coming here again.

Room Tip: get a view of the courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia London and will be coming to visit us again. Many thanks for your review.

Matthew Dixon

Write a ReviewReviews (2,642)

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We spent Saturday night at this amazing hotel and had a truly memorable stay. We were attending a birthday party at the Savoy but wanted a little privacy so did not stay there with the other party guests.

The spa was amazing. I had done a 20 mile run that morning and was feeling the effects. 2 hours in the spa and I felt like a new man.

Nearly everything was perfect. The room and bathroom were spacious, light, airy and very luxurious and afternoon tea was lovely.

Overall service was excellent and we were made to feel very comfortable. Unfortunately we had 2 experiences of less than perfect service (surly rather than out and out rude ) but when I raised this the response was very professional. Although it was late I received a call back from the duty manager who was very apologetic and offered us complimentary breakfast. The next day I also received a hand written note of apology.To be honest if the rest of the service had not been so good I probably would have just let it pass but I wanted to mention it as the majority staff seem to take such pride in service levels I did not think it was fair that 2 individuals negatively affect their reputation. In particular the lady that checked me in was professional, friendly and charming (I am sorry that I can’t remember her name)

I mention the issues with service now as I think the way it was dealt with marks this hotel out as truly exceptional.

I am running the London marathon this year and think I am going to book here for the night as I can’t think of a better place to recover.

Room Tip: We were offered an upgrade for £20 and I think this was worth while. Courtyard side was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding the service you received during your stay. We certainly strive for a team culture that attracts and inspires dedicated, polite and considerate professionals - therefore I am very sorry to hear about the two experiences where we did not depict this. I am, however, glad to hear that the rest of our team looked after you and that you were pleased with how they dealt with the issues you experienced. As you mentioned, it is important to recognise those individuals who truly deliver great service and to ensure that this is the standard each member aspires to deliver. I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience.

I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel spa – ESPA Life at Corinthia. The thermal floor is certainly a great way to unwind. The ESPA Life therapists offer a fantastic Deep Tissue Massage and our in-house Complimentary Alternative Medicine Team develop individually-tailored programs utilising their expertise in: Acupuncture, Osteopathy, Naturopathy, Nutrition and Chinese Medicine. They are currently working alongside the gym’s personal trainers to treat runners in the run up to the London Marathon, as well as post marathon.

We look forward to welcoming you after the marathon for an evening of relaxation and recovery.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I've stayed at the Corinthia twice since the beginning of the year and was incredibly impressed on both occasions. The hotel itself is spectacular in terms of decor, the staff extremely friendly and approachable, the food and service at Massimo outstanding and the art deco cocktail bar excellent. The Espa spa floor is amazing, but only got to use the thermal level facilities. I'd stay nowhere else in London if I could!

One point I'd raise is that we found the room on the lower floors of the hotel facing Northumberland Avenue rather noisy with night buses idling outside - however on complaining to reception we were moved swiftly to an internal courtyard facing room which I'd wholeheartedly recommend (as well as the cakes and pastries in the afternoon tea in the lobby lounge which far excels anything on offer at the Ritz or Savoy).

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard facing room or those facing Whitehall Place to eliminate/minimise noise from stre...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to read your comments. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy many of our facilities including Massimo restaurant, Afternoon Tea in the Lobby Lounge and ESPA life at Corinthia, as I believe we have a very unique offering for London.
I am sorry to learn that you experienced an issue with the noise levels from Northumberland Avenue, however, I was pleased to read that our reception team swiftly met your needs and that you were pleased with your Courtyard-facing room. I hope you are able to visit the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have stayed in many incredible hotels... and this is by far the best hotel in any city I have ever stayed at. The quality of every furnishing in the rooms- from the light switches, the phone, to the bathroom, the bedding, & carpeting- the quality is incredible. They checked us in when we arrived from an international flight at 8am... the most amazing service you can imagine when you just want to put your head down. The hotel is quiet, the room had a ton of closet space and a huge table to put our stuff down.The spa is the nicest I have ever seen with my eyes. I cannot wait for our next visit to London, so that we can experience the Corinthia service again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to read how much you had enjoyed your stay at the Corinthia London. A lot of thought and planning went into the design and the details of our bedrooms, the majority of which are in excess of 45 sqm, so it is very nice to hear you appreciated your room’s quality.

Our team are very understanding of our guests’ needs and after an 8 hour flight I am very pleased to hear that they gave you a warm welcome and that you were able to benefit from our 24 hour check in policy.

Our ESPA Life spa in a very unique offering and one we are proud of – I’m glad you enjoyed it. If you enjoy spa treatments, ESPA Life also does a fantastic post-flight unwind package that would be a great experience for your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I took my husband to the Corinthia for his birthday last Saturday 24th March. The hotel was stunning and because it was my husband's birthday they gave us a room upgrade to a fabulous room with a balcony overlooking the inner courtyard which was so peaceful. Everything about this hotel is superb from the moment the staff greet you to the moment you check out. We didn't want to leave and will certainly return as soon as we can.
If you are looking for a recommendation before you book then don't hesitate - you will not find a better hotel in London - I stayed at the Savoy with my mother last year and on balance I think this was a much nicer hotel with friendlier staff.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are lovely - just ask!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review and I’m very pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. Our Courtyard facing rooms are very peaceful, as you mentioned and I’m glad our team presented you both with an upgrade for this special occasion.

It is always such a pleasure to hear that our guests don’t want to leave and cannot wait to return – thank you for this wonderful feedback. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at The Corinthia some 5 months ago and wrote a review then. During that visit, not everything was as it ought to have been for a 5 star property - there was room for improvement. Upon my recent return, I found that everything worked like clock work. It was truly flawless.

Service was exceptional at all levels in the restaurants, bar and reception. It was clearly obvious that all the staff had made a real effort to improve on the areas where I had commented upon in my earlier review and now there was a perfect understanding of a guests' needs and more importantly anticipating it before one had to ask.

Special mention must go to the staff in the breakfast room who made such an improvement from my last visit. They really behaved like true professionals in their field surpassing my expectations of service standards. Their recollection of my preferences from my previous visit simply floored me. There was no necessity to remind them of what I wanted for breakfast during my weeks' stay, they politely checked if my preferences were the same each day.

The staff have managed so well to pull off what The Four Seasons and The Mandarin Oriental Hotels are so renowned for - guest recognition - this time without exception they all had it nailed down.

As on my first visit, Domenico and his staff at the Bassoon Bar were just simply fantastic, making me feel at ease and relaxed upon my return after hectic days at the office. The Managers Michelangelo, Maud and Renaud were ever so gracious and always checking to ensure that all was in order. Special mention also to Head Concierge Daren who obtained a ticket for War Horse, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The Concierge team was fantastic and did not bat an eyelid to my ever demanding and constant requests. - Thank you.

One other noticeable change, perhaps since I recognize them now; is that there was always a clear visibility of Management at all times, whether one was in the restaurant or public spaces; unobtrusive though but keeping a watchful eye over service standards.

Bravo for the improvements and exceptional attention to detail and service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your excellent comments about your recent visit to the Corinthia. I am really encouraged that you found such improvement since your first visit - hearing that your experience was “truly flawless” is music to our ears.

I took great pleasure in reading that our service was exceptional on all levels. The Northall Restaurant, Bassoon Bar, Lobby Lounge & Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar teams will be very happy to hear that the level of service they provide has been appreciated. I am glad to hear that you experienced and enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. I’m especially pleased to read that The Northall’s breakfast team have pleased you – this is certainly the level of service we aim to provide in all areas. As you have highlighted guest recognition is greatly important and I hope that this comes easily for our very enthusiastic, genuine team members.

I truly enjoyed reading about your experience in Bassoon Bar – what a fabulous feeling to have after a long day at the office. I’m glad that our team have looked after you so well – we all look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

As a professional working in the film industry, I was inclined to stay at this hotel as it seems all the A List stars and movie producers have made the Corinthia their home in London. I can see why, the hotel is spectacular.

Excellent location just a 5 minute walk to Trafalgar square. Modern gadgets are in abundance, I particularly fell in love with the intelligent lighting in my room and best of all, the walk-in wardrobe, a paradise for the ladies with full size mirrors and plenty of closet space.
An abundance of TV channels and state of the art bathroom (especially the shower) places this hotel amongst the best for accommodation in central London.
The public areas are very pleasant with plenty of natural light. High Tea is popular and a good excuse to treat your loved ones or business associate.

The hotel is brand new. It’s clearly evident that the owners did not cut corners. I was given a tour of the SPA, which is just incredible and only wished I had the time to chill out. I only stayed for 2 nights (19-21st March) and sad I didn’t have more time to indulge in the delights of this wonderful property.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you very much for your review – it is great to hear that you found Corinthia London to be spectacular & a worthy home to your fellow film professionals.
As you mentioned, we’re located a few minutes walk away from Trafalgar Square, as well as Covent Garden, Westminster, Piccadily Circus and the Southbank. I’m glad to hear that you like the lighting and walk-in wardrobes in our bedrooms – we have certainly tried to create a relaxing ambience whilst also thinking about the all-important practicalities, such as closet space & our large, full length mirrors. The bathrooms are quite a special feature with their heated marble floors, rainfall showers and large baths with built in TVs.
I’m very happy to hear you were given a tour of our ESPA Life spa and hope you are able to visit us again soon to experience ESPA Life’s thermal floor area, or one of their fantastic treatments, such as the Bamboo Harmoniser Treatment.