“Excellent hotel, really enjoyed our time here.”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #15 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Great hotel in a great location. Its not cheap, but look out for their special offers. Book it, you won't regret it.

Stayed: April 2012
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are indeed very centrally located, ideal for any occasion. Our website is regularly updated with our most recent offers and it is certainly worthwhile checking what special promotions are currently available.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Corinthia London soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with the winter warmer offer. The room was not as grand as we expected from all the glowing reviews. A bit dark and a big table squeezed on one side of the bed which made it quite difficult to move around. There was a function in the courtyard, which is supposed to be so very quiet, and since it was very hot in the room (air conditioning did not work), tried to sleep with open windows but due to the noise from the courtyard, I called reception. Was told that this would stop at 10 p.m. and since it was still going on at around 11 p.m. we were eventually moved to a very quiet and more spacious room. If we had stayed in this second room, which was an executive room I believe, we would have rated this hotel as one of the best we've stayed, but with the above-mentioned issues our stay was not as care-free as expected. All staff members (except the invisible 'manager' at reception, who never came to the phone and obviously lied to us about the party ending at 10 p.m.) were perfect, very friendly and helpful, the meals we had in the restaurant were very good and nicely presented, the Northhall restaurant is a grand place. Breakfast was crowded, not as good as expected, seating too cramped.

Room Tip: Take a room on a high floor away from the courtyard or at a section of the hotel which is not linked...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travreviews

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay as much as anticipated. It is very important for me to hear feedback about a guest’s stay in order to address any issues that they might have and thank you for sharing this.

Occasionally we do have events in the Courtyard that go on longer than expected and I am very sorry that this disturbed you. As part of our usual procedures your bedroom should have been quality checked thoroughly before you checked in and from this we should have ascertained that the air conditioning was not functioning properly. We would then have been able to either resolve this prior to your arrival or to have allocated an alternative room. I have been following up with both our Housekeeping and Engineering teams to ensure that these checks are being carried out properly.

I am pleased to hear that our team were pro-active in addressing the issue for you and arranged an alternative room. Our rooms are some of the largest in London’s luxury hotel market with a large proportion of them being in excess of 45 sqm and I am glad that you were impressed with our Executive Room.

The Northall is a wonderful restaurant headed by our Executive Chef Garry Hollihead. The restaurant is well known for the importance its places on the provenance of the food, with all our produce coming from sustainable artisan suppliers around the UK. The typically British food couldn’t be served in a more luxurious setting. Due to the popularity of the restaurant, breakfast can sometimes be busy, however I hope this did not distract you from the wide selection of pastries produced fresh every morning.

I very much hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Corinthia London.

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I think I may have found my new favourite in London.
Beautiful decor, rooms are amazing, spacious and with everything you could absolutely need right down to the waterproof remote control for the flat screen in the bath!!
Turn down service was excellent, staff throughout were very smart, courteous and helpful.
Business service facilities were very good.
Location could not be better, tucked away but within walking distance of all main areas and just across from my favourite part of London the South bank!
But the icing on the cake has to be the thermal spa, the perfect place to recover on a Sunday morning. The heated beds in front of the fire, the largest jacuzzi I have experienced, a beautifully warm pool, a great steam room and the best sauna with showers and ice. I could have stayed here all day.
The prices are very fair for what you get and I will definitely be returning very soon and taking advantage of the 24 hour check in/out which is a huge bonus in London...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for your glowing review of Corinthia Hotel London. A lot of thought and planning went into the design of the hotel and the details of the our bedrooms, the majority of which are in excess of 45 sqm, so it is very nice to hear you appreciated the extra touches such as the remote control for the flat screen in the bath.

I am glad our Business Centre was able to accommodate your needs. As you have said, we are very ideally located with a good selection of London’s main attractions on our doorstep. The South Bank is always buzzing with excitement and entertainment.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience of ESPA Life at Corinthia – the thermal floor is truly spectacular. The heated Cleopatra Beds in front of the fire provide the perfect place to unwind. These Spa facilities are complimentary to all of our guests and we hope that this adds even greater value to our guests’ stays. I hope that on your next visit you can experience ESPA’s wonderful body treatments or their complementary alternative medicine treatments, such as: Acupuncture, Nutrition, Osteopathy and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Our 24 hour flexible check-in/check-out policy is receiving a lot of positive feedback - we know how much this flexibility is appreciated by our guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have been going to London for over 30 years and this hotel is my favorite. Having stayed at the Gorham, Lanesborough, Ritz and many others, none compare to the sheer beauty of the building and design. Great location and very attentive staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

I was so happy to read your wonderful review. You have placed us amongst some highly commendable hotels and we are delighted that you think of us as the ‘Best Hotel in London’. Thank you for your praise of the team here at Corinthia Hotel London.

We shall look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

A very modern looking hotel. Beautiful interiors. The rooms are a treat to retire in if you love the dark . I love the fact that the room is actually pitch black when you close all the curtains (something not all hotel black-out curtains do very well). The little chocolate treats at night are a nice touch.
I did order a burger the night I arrived - the burger was cooked to perfection however the meat had a gamey taste. Something not everyone enjoys, but it was good.
Buffet Breakfast at the Northall was my favorite part of my stay. The selection was excellent! And there is something about their butter that is deliciously sinful! (reminds me of the butter in Switzerland). They were also kind enough to make me a decaf Cafe Mocha every morning (I was told recently that that is something you find only in America ).
Had Tea in the lobby. Comfortable. Nice place to find a spot and read if it isn't full. And the tea is quite good too.
Convenient location.
Definitely well rested in this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia London. Following the renovation work by GA Design International, we feel that the building has the perfect balance of heritage and contemporary design, complementing our concept of a Grand 21st Century Hotel.

As you said we are very conveniently located – Westminster and South Bank are but minutes away. Our rooms, therefore, provide a welcome retreat from the buzz outside. They are designed to make you feel comfortable and peaceful and I am delighted to hear that this was the case. The black-out curtains always make one sleep that little bit better.

The Northall breakfast is certainly not to be missed. And I am particularly pleased to hear that we managed to produce a decaf Café Mocha for you every morning despite its rarity. Regarding the main menu – our Cumbrian Beef Burgers are rich in flavour and I am sorry to hear that you found it to be slightly too gamey.

Our Lobby Lounge does provide a relaxed atmosphere in which to unwind and, of course, you cannot sit there without trying our very popular Afternoon Tea. All our cakes and pastries are created by renowned pastry chef, Claire Clarke, and are accompanied by our signature tea blends, such as Royal Palace Tea.

Next time you return you must try ESPA Life at Corinthia – our four floor Spa. This really does make you feel well rested and certainly enhances any guest’s stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 April 2012

On Saturday afternoon we went for afternoon tea at the Lobby Lounge in the Corinthia Hotel. We arrived and there was no one to great you, so were ignored for a short while before being shown to our seats. The decor inside lovely and the environment is relaxed, but not too quiet.

We had the champagne afternoon tea which was champagne followed by the tea and cakes. I had a second glass of champagne, which I was charged for, I should have expected this, but it wasn't obvious on the menu. The extra glass was £12.

The sandwiches were very nice, 5 different varities and complementary extras if you required. The tea was nice, though it was served well in advance of the scones and cakes. The food again was delicious and we really enjoyed the originality of the cakes. Its not clear on the website, but you get 2 scomes each and a selection of 8 cakes and we ended up halving each one in order to try them all!

Overall it was a very good experience. The service was alright, though they were continously having to apologies for things being late. Most of the staff stand around not doing anything, but our waitress, Alexandra, was excellent and tried to serve us as best she could.

We had a lovely 2 hours and the bill came to £120 for the two of us. I think we would return, but would try somewhere else first.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stag89
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience of Afternoon Tea as it is important for me to hear this. I am disappointed to hear that you were not greeted in the warm, welcoming manner that we like to provide all our guests.
Our sandwiches, scones and unique cakes have been designed by well-renowned pastry chef, Claire Clark. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed these & the complimentary extras offering.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the clarity of pricing on the menu and the service offered and I have communicated this to our Food & Beverage Director. It is important for us to receive such feedback as this is how we will perfect our offering and guest experience. I’m happy to read that you had a good experience overall and I do hope you will visit us again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed here for my birthday and it was wonderful! The staff were excellent and even prepared a birthday cake and card for me. The room (upgraded to a junior suite) was one of the best I've stayed in. Great location for theatres (reason for our visit) and restaurants. We ate in late in their restaurant that night, food was excellent. Great night's sleep and great breakfast the next day. Would highly reccommend!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Great to hear you enjoyed your birthday with us and I’m very pleased that our team looked after you so well. As you mentioned, we are in a great location for London’s theatre scene and a wide variety of restaurants – although I am happy to read that you chose to eat in one of our fine dining restaurants. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our Junior Suite and would highly recommend Corinthia London. Thank you for your great review and we hope to welcome you again shortly.

Best regards,