“A gorgeous hotel with superb facilities and staff!”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #15 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Being 3 working mums, my girlfriends and I were looking for a luxury weekend escape, and we couldn't have chosen a better venue than the Corinthia. The hotel has been fantastically developed and is beautiful from top to bottom. The common areas are large and lovely to sit in with beautiful floral arrangements everywhere, the bedrooms are spacious and well furnished, and the bathrooms are well thought-out with a modern finish. All the technology is of a modern standard, even for the smallest things like the key cards and light switch. And the staff were extremely welcoming and friendly throughout the hotel.
The spa was particularly impressive. I have been to many hotels and spas globally, and can honestly say the Corinthia's spa is the best hotel spa I've ever seen. The spa's decor is stunning and the facilities are very impressive and spacious. In addition to the sleep pods, there are sitting areas throughout the spa, which means there is always somewhere to sit with a magazine for a quiet read. And the changing rooms were very plush and discrete, unlike many locker rooms where it feels like you're changing right in front of everyone. The treatment rooms themselves are very spacious and the treatments very nice. The pool area has much to offer, including a large heated jacuzzi pool, and large sauna and steam room. If you're someone who prefers more privacy, there are also single sex sauna and steam rooms in the male and female changing rooms.
We did not eat in the hotel, but we did take a stroll through and were very impressed by the spaciousness and lovely decor.
I happen to work for a property investment company, so I am familiar with hotels and the requirement for attention to detail, both in the physical surroundings and service. I am also a Londoner and aware of the Corinthia's competition. After our lovely stay at the Corinthia, I can honestly say the Corinthia is one of the best hotels London has to offer, its only downside being it is slightly (and only slightly) away from the main tourist areas of London. However, the hotel rooms, facilities and staff are the best I've seen for a while. Claridge's looks tired in comparison! My girlfriends and I have vowed to return for another getaway very soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lesley D
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you for you wonderful review. What a lovely idea for a weekend escape and we feel privileged that you chose Corinthia Hotel London.

I would have to agree with you that Corinthia is an impressive building. This is all thanks to GA Design who have beautifully restored and designed the majority of this hotel. A lot of time and effort went into the finishing touches of our rooms, in the hope that we make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. Our bedrooms are some of the largest in the luxury hotel market with an average size of 45sqm and are all equipped with up to date technology.

ESPA Life at Corinthia is perfect for outings with groups of friends or even to relax on your own. As the Spa is so large (arranged over 4 floors) it means that you won’t be disturbed by other guests and can take full advantage of the facilities on offer. The thermal floor includes heated Cleopatra Beds, a pool, an amphitheatre sauna and a vitality pool amongst other things. There are also private areas of the spa where one can take a nap or just escape. It seems that you and your girlfriends thoroughly explored all of these areas. I hope you were equally impressed with the treatments that you received.

The hotel also has two restaurants – The Northall and Massimo Restaurant and Oyster Bar. The Northall is proving very popular serving the Best of the British cuisine with produce sourced from artisan suppliers all over the UK. In contrast to this Massimo is a Mediterranean restaurant specialising in seafood. David Collins emphasised this in his design for the restaurant. You must try these next time you visit.

We really appreciate your feedback as your profession means you will have an eye for things we should be improving on. Your complimentary review has confirmed that we are on the right track with pleasing our guests. This Grand 21st Century hotel looks forward to welcoming you and your friends again.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

This was our second stay at the hotel. It is simple the best hotel we have stayed at. If visiting London i am not sure why you would stay anywhere else as it is so close to so many great tourist attractions.
The hotel itself is pure luxury, marble, granite and fantastic soft furnishings all the way.
The spa is, i think one of the largest in central london. Its an Espa spa, and is tranquil, relaxing and pure indulgence. The whole experience is a real must and i havent even mentioned the staff.
Friendly, professional and knowledgeable.
Cant wait to go back!

1  Thank pppp4040

Thank you for returning to Corinthia Hotel London and I am glad that we have impressed you for a second time. We are very centrally located which is often what attracts our guests – a few moments from Trafalgar Square, Westminster and the South Bank.

We like to think of ourselves as a Grand 21st Century Hotel, combining luxury with comfort and I am glad to see that you agree.

ESPA Life at Corinthia is the largest Hotel Spa in London and should not be missed if you want to relax. Our thermal floor is complimentary to all our guests – heated Cleopatra beds and a dip in the vitality pool are the perfect way to spend an afternoon. Perhaps next time you come, you could try Afternoon Tea.

I shall pass on your kind feedback to the team here at Corinthia London and I hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights and the entire place stunning. Walking distance to great shopping and theaters.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you thought it was worth your long journey from Oklahoma. We are very centrally located a short walk away from Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and Westminster and it seems you were you were easily able to visit the places you wanted to go.

I hope you visit us again soon

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed twice here for 3 weeks total and the place is fabulous. The rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable. Modern bathrooms. Staff is exceptionable! Centrally located. Recommend highly....you will not be disappointed

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Corinthia Hotel London. We try to make the hotel as comfortable as possible for all our guests. For those travelling on business, such as yourself, we appreciate that a hotel is seen a place to unwind and escape the day’s events. ESPA Life at Corinthia is the perfect place to do this. Perhaps on your next trip you can relax on the Thermal floor of the spa which is available to all our guests.

We shall look forward to your return.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I was very impressed with the Corinthia. The room was a bit cramped, but apart from that, I couldn't really fault it. It is comfortable, yet sophisticated and the service is impeccable. The bathroom was really very special, as are the fitness facilities. This is a hotel London really can be proud of.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear that Corinthia Hotel London impressed you.

I am sorry to hear that your room felt a bit cramped - I can only imagine you were in a slightly smaller room as the majority tend to average 45m2 in size, making them some of the largest in London’s luxury hotel market.

I am delighted to hear that you found our service to be impeccable. I look forward to sharing your compliments with my team.

We greatly look forward to welcoming you to Corinthia Hotel London again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed here early April and it is definitely the most impressive hotel that I have ever set foot in. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly member of staff who took us to our room and showed us around-I think this added a nice personal touch as she seemed genuinely happy to introduce us to the room. Our room was amazing, we had a view of the London Eye and the bathroom was just out of this world. Unfortunately whilst here for the one night we did not get a chance to make the most of the bars and restaurants at the hotel due to other plans. The hotel is in a great location, only being a short walk from Covent Garden, and the staff make it clear that they are happy to help with anything to make your stay more enjoyable. The next morning we ordered breakfast to our room which was delivered promptly, we had stayed for my birthday and the member of staff kindly wished me a nice day again showing interest in my plans for the day. I would definitely stay here again, the visit really made my birthday-it's not everyday you wake up in a fantastic hotel in London! I would also recommend it to anyone as there is so much going for it. I cannot wait to go back!!

1  Thank sunseekersarah

I was delighted to read your wonderful review and am pleased to hear you enjoyed celebrating your birthday at the Corinthia London.
Our rooms do have especially nice views with several looking out to the River Thames and the London Eye. As you mentioned, we are only a few minutes walk from Covent Garden, and very close to Trafalgar Square, the Southbank, Westminster and London’s Theatreland, amongst other popular destinations.
Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you to Corinthia London again soon and hope you will have the opportunity to experience our bars and restaurants during your next stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Is it the excellent location,walking distance to Buckingham Palace,Trafalgar Square,theatreland,London Eye, Covent Garden,Regent Street
Or the supremely comfortable rooms - good beds,fabulous bathrooms,walk-in wardrobes
The fact that when you arrive your room is ready and you don't have to check-out at the usual 1pm
Or is it that the staff can't do enough to make you feel welcome and cosseted which leaves you feeling that the amount of cash you've expended (this is not a cheap hotel!) feel as if this is money well-spent

Our second stay,we will be back

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
MathewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. The Corinthia London is very centrally located and within walking distance of a huge variety of cultural sites. You seem to have been able to take full advantage of this opportunity. After a hard day sightseeing I am glad you felt relaxed in your bedrooms, which are amongst some of the largest in London’s luxury hotel market. Our 24 hour check in and out service is also a wonderful addition that creates the ultimate flexibility for our guests. I will make sure that I pass on your kind comments to the team.

I shall look forward to your return.

Best regards,