“The Spa here deserves a large 'Wow'”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #14 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Had an overnight hotel & theatre break at the Corinthia.
It's brilliantly located a short distance from Trafalgar Square, Westminster & the bridge across to the London eye.
When you first get there, it is very stylish but not overly stuffy. Our room was an executive room with a small balcony overlooking the central courtyard. It had a large bathroom & dressing room. The hotel gave us a complimentary bottle of wine for our anniversary which was a lovely touch. Breakfast was either choose 'a la carte' English or buffet.
The real 'wow' factor came from the spa. We used it twice & it is the most sumptuous we have seen. The real highlight being the 'VITALITY POOL' basically a small swimming pool sized jacuzzi. The best we've encountered anywhere.
If there are negatives (& I'm being picky), hotel prices are very expensive & they claim there are no check-in & check-out times. But 2 people came to our door on our day of leaving to see if we'd left & both before 11.15.
The staff were actually lovely & if you want a classy hotel brilliantly located & don't mind paying a few pounds extra (it's better than the Royal Horseguards across the road), then this is for you.

Room Tip: Make time for a visit to the spa even if you're not normally spa users (we're not!).
1  Thank SUPERNELLO
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are ideally located for those who enjoy the theatre as well as sightseers and business travellers and the hotel is well connected to several transport links.

Congratulations on your anniversary and I am very pleased you chose to celebrate this special occasion at the hotel. Our Executive Rooms are very spacious and do provide extremely comfortable accommodation with added touches of luxury such as walk-in wardrobes, in-built bath tub TVs and standalone rain showers in the beautiful marble bathroom. The Northall is a spectacular venue for breakfast and there is always so much choice. I hope you were able to take full advantage of this.

ESPA life at Corinthiais our award-winning international spa. This pioneering, next-generation spa is spread over 3300m2 on four floors and provides fully integrative lifestyle solutions and luxury spa treatments. Facilities include 17 treatment rooms, a private spa suite, nail studio, indoor pool, vitality pool, amphitheatre sauna, ice fountain, marble heated lounges, private sleep pods, a state-of-the-art gym and Daniel Galvin hair salon. I am so glad you were able to experience this and feel fully relaxed before you returned home.

We do offer a unique 24 hour check in and out service. This works best when we have requested the check in and check out time of our guests prior to arrival. This way we can accommodate the travel plans of all our guests. However, I do apologise that you were disturbed in your room on your day of departure as this should not have happened and I will be following up on this with my team.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back to Corinthia Hotel London soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 June 2012

I have chosen the hotel last year for my regular stays, as the 24hrs check-in/-out policy is very convenient for me. Due to my job I am travelling a lot. I am depending on the flight timings and it was a very pleasant and refreshing surprise to find finally a hotel which offers every guests’ dream: check-in whenever you arrive at the hotel. I was impressed and happy to finally found “my” hotel.
I was always wondering why there weren’t more hotels with this brilliant idea.
But since a couple of months the policy is not quite working anymore. More and more often it is not quite possible to check-in at the requested check-in time although mentioned during making the reservation.
For these occasions I was offered breakfast, coffee in the lounge, using the spa or a room to rest for some time. Alternatives are offered, but that is not what I am expecting at all. It is not what is advertised as a unique selling point on the website. Well, I guess there I have my answer, why not every hotel is using that policy. Thinking about it, it does not work in general. If all rooms are booked and late check-outs are guaranteed, how can guests check-in early?
Another unpleasant situation is the waiting time before being able to get to the desk on some occasions.
The receptionists are in general very friendly and helpful, but you can see their desperation handling the non-stop ringing telephone and the waiting people.
It is a pity as it is a beautiful property, very friendly staff and a great location.
I actually don’t want to search for another hotel, but I sincerely hope that changes are going to be made.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank Andrew1971W
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for your review of Corinthia London. I am sorry to hear that you have found our flexible check-in/check-out policy to not be working quite as efficiently as on previous visits to the hotel. As you quite rightly say, this policy does require great organisation and adaptability between all our departments, however, I believe we are highly capable of providing our guests with this feature and it is important for us to have such feedback so that we can improve. We are very dedicated to successfully providing this unique offering to our guests as we understand how convenient it is; I will certainly be looking into how we can become more efficient in this area. I also appreciate your feedback regarding your recent experience of our Reception area and I will certainly make sure that this is resolved. Again, many thanks for sharing this valuable feedback with us and we look forward to providing you with a fantastic experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Impecable service as you would expect from an establishment of this standing. I highly recommend that you stay here, if that is not possible then go in and try the afternoon tea. I say everything.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FirstStrategy

Thank you for your kind recommendation of Corinthia London. It’s a pleasure to see you enjoyed our service and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

This was truly a 5 star hotel experience. Before we even traveled I corresponded with the concierge, Justin, several times making inquiries. He answered all of my questions and took care of my requests perfectly. When we arrived everyone treated us as if we were honored guests. We were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary and upon entering the room we were greeted with a chocolate cake and a bottle of champagne with a card from the manager. The room itself was huge as well as the bathroom and wardrobe. The cleaning staff made the beds daily and provided turn down service each evening which was a nice touch. We had breakfast in the room one morning and also made several requests during our stay that were always attended to quickly. The hotel has an onsite spa called ESPA. My wife and I both had a massage and highly recommend this to anyone staying at the Corinthia. They have a pool/sauna/steam room/whirlpool area that I used a couple of times and it was very well taken care of and a nice advantage to a hotel if you have an extended stay. The concierge Justin, helped us with reservations several times including on the night of our anniversary as well as two sets of theater tickets. Each of the restaurants and the theater seating were very nice. He even arranged for the hotel car to drive us to dinner. In summary, the manager and entire staff of the Cornithia Hotel have built a wonderful 5 star hotel that everyone should experience. We will be going back.

Room Tip: We were in room 329 which is a courtyard room. The wardrobe was a room of its own. The bathroom and...
3  Thank nceahuck

It is wonderful to hear that you received a truly 5 star experience at Corinthia London – this is most definitely the sentiment we strive to provide for our guests. I was pleased to read that our Concierge & Front of House team looked after you well and that you enjoyed the welcome gifts upon arrival; we appreciate how important these occasions are to our guests and we are delighted you chose Corinthia London to be a part of your special celebrations. I am glad that you enjoyed our ESPA Life at Corinthia spa and their massage treatments- this is certainly a great way to relax. Many thanks for this very nice review and I do hope to welcome you to Corinthia London again in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

It is a privately owned hotel and you can see that. Its just stunning, all the detail. Bars, restaurants, spa, room - just amazing. you can be the pickiest person on earth and you will still love it. In my opinion this is a no1 hotel in London now. JUST FANTASTIC! Top location!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Luke1407

I greatly enjoyed reading your review of Corinthia London – thank you for the fabulous recommendation. I do hope you will visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

We love Afternoon Tea and whenever we go on holiday, we try to seek out somewhere special to try. The Corinthia did not let us down. The Lobby Lounge was a beautiful setting in which to have Afternoon Tea. We were sorrounded by beautiful white orchids and the spectacular light in the Lobby was quite a talking point.
We had a tasty selection of finger sandwiches, lovely warm scones (fruit and plain) and then moved onto the 'fancies'. We had lots of tasty pastries, cakes and tarts but the star of the show was without doubt the mini violet eclair. I can still taste it :)
We have had many Afternoon Teas but this was the first time we had been offered complimentary top ups of sandwiches and scones. Lots of tea and of course the glass of champagne all went down a treat. All in all, a lovely experience.

12  Thank annecampbell33

It’s fabulous to receive such a great review from fellow Afternoon Tea aficionados. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful ambiance of the Lobby Lounge, as well as the fresh flowers provided by our in-house florist. As you mentioned, we have a splendid selection of sandwiches, cakes and fancies, which are perfectly complemented by our scones and pastries. The mini Violet Éclair is indeed a delicious experience and our pastry chef will be delighted to hear how much you enjoyed it. We hope to welcome you again soon for afternoon tea, or perhaps to try one of our other fine dining restaurants, The Northall or Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

The Corinthia is truly one of the most amazing hotels we've stayed in. We were lucky enough to stay in a Trafalgar Suite and the rooms were beautiful and very big. The hotel is so central that all the sights are within walking distance.

We had breakfast 2 mornings in the Northall Restaurant and I think it was the best breakfast we've ever had. The choice was incredible and so tasty and fresh.

We had personalised massages in the Spa and loved every minute of it. The facilities in the Spa are second to none.

We had dinner in the Massimo Restaurant and the food was gorgeous, service wonderful and atmosphere buzzing.

We also had cocktails in the Bassoon Bar which were delicious.

We were lucky enough to experience every aspect of the hotel and couldn't praise it enough. I was gutted to be leaving and hope to return soon. I would highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank NatashaMcKenna

I was pleased to read your wonderful review – it is always good to hear that our guests have had a wonderful experience and don’t want to leave us as this is certainly the sentiment we strive to achieve. Our Trafalgar Suites are very comfortable and feature an unusually large living space as well as walk-in wardrobes and luxurious marble bathrooms. Thank you too for your kind comments about the quality of our breakfast which I know our Executive Chef and The Northall restaurant team will be delighted to hear. I am glad to read that you were also able to enjoy Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar, our Mediterranean seafood restaurant and one of our delicious cocktails in Bassoon Bar. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.