“BRILLIANT FOOD, FABULOUS SERVICE, WORTH EVERY PENNY”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #19 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Odiham, Hampshire
“BRILLIANT FOOD, FABULOUS SERVICE, WORTH EVERY PENNY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

This review is offered under false pretences in a sense because it purports to be a review of the Corinthia Hotel when in fact it only concerns their Northall Restaurant, where my wife and I had lunch yesterday - courtesy of TravelZoo.
However, the experience was exemplary, from the moment we arrived until our departure three hours later. We received a lovely, personal welcome, were given a semi-private table with nobody seated nearby (just what we wanted) and a couple of cocktails plus beautifully-presented canapes to get us in the mood (as if we weren't already). The wine was a Sauvignon Blanc from Argentina, £35 of superb sunshine, and everything about the food was terrific. My wife had an opener of beef carpaccio and I chose the tuna equivalent: both were memorably succulent; then we each had a fillet of sea bass, with a delightfully crusty coating, followed (with a suitable pause) by some magnificent desserts. What was especially noticeable was that a plateau of artisan cheeses was included in the price, when for many restaurants the cheese option costs something extra (and for what?).
The atmosphere in the restaurant, and indeed the hotel, was lovely; the service we received was superb - unobtrusive, helpful when we needed it (e.g., by pouring more wine and giving us more water), but never cloying or subservient.
This is a place which, though quite new, has hit the ground running. We'll definitely be going back, and would be more than willing to pay their normal prices - that's how good it was.
TED JOHNS

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of The Northall Mr Johns. Corinthia Hotel London has two fine dining restaurants – The Northall offering seasonal British cuisine using produce from around the British Isles with Massimo Restaurant and Oyster Bar serving Italian dishes within a striking setting designed by David Collins. We have some wonderful offers available with our set menu of £28 for three course being one of our most popular. Set within a comfortable and relaxed eating environment, The Northall offers views over Victoria Embankment Gardens towards the River Thames. Our menus change regularly, depending on the time of year, creating opportunities to sample seasonal produce and our team strive to provide a friendly and welcoming service. I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed your experience in The Northall and hope that you will return to the restaurant soon.

Matthew Dixon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Where to begin.... imagine perfection: every detail, every encounter, every everything being exactly, nay better, than you could ever expect.

This is Corinthia.

From check-in (which is any time during the day you arrive) to check-out (anytime you decide to leave) you will be taken care of by a team of super friendly-helpful people. Your room will be an immaculate haven and the 24 hour room service will be as incredibly delicious at 7pm as 3 am.

I can't end this without discussing location. For us, being in a central location for our very short trip was essential. And it doesn't get more central than this. Almost every where we wanted to be was outside our doorstep. It was nice to be able to easily walk back to the hotel, drop things off or rest for a bit before heading out again.

You will regret not staying here.

2 Thank danilesuper
Thank you very much for your glowing review. I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel to be perfect in every way. We aim to provide the best service possible, going above and beyond our guests’ expectations. Our flexible check in and out policy provide the ultimate luxury for our guests as we recognise how important this is particularly with the demands of modern travel, whether on business or leisure. We are very centrally located at the heart of culture, politics, business and entertainment, allowing our guests to travel to nearby attractions or ones that our further away. I hope that you enjoyed your trip to London and that when you return you might explore the offerings at the hotel such as our award winning spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia, or one of our two fine dining restaurants, The Northall and Massimo Restaurant and Oyster Bar. I hope to welcome you back to Corinthia Hotel London soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

I travel frequently to London and have generally stayed in the hotels near Hyde Park along Park Lane. A friend suggested this hotel and it was a very good decision to try it out. The hotel is very upmarket with high end finishings throughout the lobby and the rooms. Service was pleasant and prompt, and I would rate it well above average for London hotels. I loved the room which was very spacious, including a separate dressing room with ample storage for clothes as well as luggage. The bathroom was also luxurious and I must admit I enjoyed the bath with the LED TV. My room was silent at night allowing for an uninterupted nights sleep. The location is very good but I would caution that it is in close proximity to a high trafficed tourist area (Trafalgar Square/Leicester Square) which can be very crowded on weekends and evenings. Also, I did find I had to walk closer to Covenant Garden to get access to good restaurants/bars. But, for business meetings, Embankment Tube station is right out the door and offers easy access to the City.
I did try the Northall restaurant in the hotel, although I ordered from the adjacent bar. Food was good, expensive as expected. I didn't try the Italian restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank fishprince
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia Hotel London after it was recommended by a friend. The hotel has been respectfully regenerated with an entirely bespoke design throughout the hotel. We aim to provide the best service possible, going above and beyond our guests’ expectations and I am pleased to hear that you found it to be well above the average for London hotels. Our bedrooms are among the largest of any London hotel, averaging 45m2 and I hope you found them to be comfortable and discreetly equipped with everything that a 21st century traveller might need, including a LED TV at the foot of the bath. As you mentioned the hotel is ideally located for those travelling on business or for leisure. It is a great place to rediscover London as it is close to transport links as well as being close to some of the city’s main attractions. Should you wish to dine within the hotel we have two restaurants available to guests and visitors – The Northall and Massimo Restaurant and Oyster Bar. The Northall offers seasonal British cuisine using produce from around the British Isles with Massimo serving Italian dishes within a striking setting. Perhaps when you next visit the hotel you could try Massimo Restaurant and Oyster Bar. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

stayed one night on business.
great location; lots of attractions in walking distance
brand new building; big but not overwhelming
large room with oversized bath rooms
ESPA amenities, in large sizes
quiet; comfortable beds
good break-fast buffet
free Wifi
impressive Spa/gym
service is top notch

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ErwinFromBelgium
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor, we always appreciate positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to London.
mpls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Thank you Corninthia for your warm welcome, personal attention and ourstanding service! I have been to many a nice place, but this topped them all. We went for our 30th anniversary and were treated like royalty. Every single worker is a top notch professional, the extra special treatment they provided was amazing, from deserts, to champagne on our anniversary night, chocolates, flowers, fresh delicious fruits, nightly turn downs and utter romance. My only issue is we didn't have more time there. 10 days of true bliss. I can't wait to return. Thank you Corinthia for making our anniversary a true joy!

2 Thank kris H
Thank you for your excellent feedback, we pride ourselves on our customer service levels and professionalism at Corinthia Hotel London. Once again we wish you a very Happy Anniversary, we are so pleased we could make it extra special for you, and look forward to welcoming you back for many more.
Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

My wife booked a weekend here for me for my 40th birthday, the hotel is great, staff very professional and friendly, the thermal floor area was great just what I needed and the rooms beautiful. Breakfast in the room was excellent and a great way to start the day, id love to go back, maybe I´ll remortgage the house next time as it was very expensive, but worth every penny.

The only criticism i had is the room always felt a bit warm, the air conditioning was a bit asthmatic and it would turn itself off when you were not in the room. We always had to turn it back on when we returned as the room was too warm. but other than that I couldn´t fault it!

We ate at the Massimo restaurant which was very good too, and had a cocktail in the Bassoon bar too which was superb. Go there for a weekend you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Go for a Superior King, TV´s in the Bath tub lol! We had an outwardly facing room overlooking the st...
3 Thank Badshot1uk
Thank you for your glowing review of the Corinthia Hotel London, we always appreciate positive feedback. We are really pleased that we could make your birthday so memorable. Apologies that your air-conditioning was temperamental, I have addressed this with our Director of Engineering, who is constantly reviewing and upgrading our services. Once again Happy Birthday, and we look forward to sharing many more with you.
Best Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels in London. It is NOT in-expensive, but worth the price. This hotel is absolutely beautiful. Stylish in every way. The Spa is an oasis that is so unexpected in London.

The location is fantastic! Walk to everything! The service is impeccable. The food is even pretty good (way to go Brits!).

I love the entire place!!

Room Tip: I Stayed in The Whitehall Suite which was wonderful. I loved having the additional bathroom and the...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your fabulous review of Corinthia Hotel London, we are so pleased you love it as much as we do and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Best Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager