“Stunning!”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #13 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Absolutely stunning hotel and a real welcome addition to the luxury inventory of london! Wonderful rooms, and breakfast from room service was exceptional. This hotel is expensive but for the one night we were there it was fine as a treat. The lobby is grand and service throughout was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review of Corinthia Hotel London. We pride ourselves in offering a friendly and attentive service and I am pleased to hear that the team looked after you well. I hope you will return to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Matthew Dixon

Write a ReviewReviews (2,608)

Reviewed 11 October 2012

The Corinthia hotel is simply the best of the best hotels in London, albeit at a price!

The hotel was recently refurbished and offers pure quality throughout all the rooms. The finishings are all high quality with the bathrooms big enough to swing a cat in with hand and rain shower options and a separate bath (with a tv - or at least in ours). Nespresso Coffee machines are also included to get you that morning hit before you venture out. With the rest of the room well appointed.

The service from the international staff was also top quality and very attentive.

The location can only be matched by a few hotels in the area, the London Eye, House of Parliament, Whitehall and more just at your door step. With the Embankment Tube stop about 100m away, the rest of London is just a short trip away.

The hotel offers free wi-fi (which was a good bandwidth) to all guests.

The best part of the hotel, we don't know any like it in London, is the 24-hour check-in. Your room is ready regardless of when you arrive. This is an added bonus if you arrive early from an intercontinental flight and want to freshen up before meetings. This is one aspect that clearly ups the price, but at the end of the day, it is well worth it.

Room Tip: 24-hour check-in what else can you ask for!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel has been recently been respectfully regenerated to create an interior that is both elegant and contemporary. Traditional architectural features have been restored and combined with a modern freshness to produce a calming and relaxing atmosphere. Our rooms are some of the largest in London’s luxury market and our equipped with all the small touches of luxury that a 21st century traveller may need. We pride ourselves in offering a friendly and attentive service and I am glad that you found this was the case. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of culture, politics, business and entertainment and I hope you were able to explore the surrounding area. Corinthia Hotel London has pioneered a flexible check in /check out policy which dispenses with traditional hotel restrictions. We require guests to specify their arrival and departure times upon booking and rooms are guaranteed to be available from this time. It is very much a valued service by our guests. I hope you will return to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

The location of the hotel is superb, around the corner at the House of Parliament and facing the london Eye.
The rooms are modern and very spacious. The bathroom is also very large and luxurious equiped. There is a rain-shower that will blow you away. There is even a television in the bath!
The staff is very friendly and the concierge is great! He did a fantastic job trying to get reservations for an outstanding dinner in the city.
The bar in the hotel is a true gem with fantastic cocktails on the list.
Not to mention the spa and the swimming-pool in the mezzanine. Just one word: WOW!
One thing: I thought breakfast was not sensational (according the price), but what the heck, your'e in London baby!! Enough possibilities to have a nice breakfast at a nice local pub! So there is also a great escape to do that anyway!
All this of course comes with a certain price-tag, it was worth it! We will be here very soon!! It was perfect!

Room Tip: Do not take rooms at the toplevels, the ceiling is a bit low and will be less spacious in square met...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BartDTraveller

I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your getaway. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of London and is the perfect place to rediscover London. The design through the hotel is entirely bespoke combining traditional grandeur with modern freshness, creating an elegant and calming atmosphere. Our rooms are some of the largest in the London luxury market and are equipped with all the small touches of luxury for a 21st century traveller. I am pleased to hear that our team looked after you well as we aim to provide a friendly and attentive service at all times. Our Concierge team is extremely knowledgeable, always assisting guests as best they can. ESPA Life at Corinthia is our magnificent spa spread over four floors. Access to the Thermal floor is complimentary to all our guests and includes facilities such as a vitality pool, glass amphitheatre sauna, steam room, ice fountain, heated marble loungers and a swimming pool. I am glad to hear you were impressed by this and hope you will return to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

I had previously found it hard to find a great hotel to stay at in London but was fortunate enough to stumble upon this hotel for business and loved it. On this occasion I needed to stay somewhere in London to recuperate following an operation and I could think of nowhere else that I would rather stay.
The rooms are great, very nice decor and a wonderfully comfortable bed. The service is very good, everything provided promptly and with much courtesy, although the in-room dining menu is a bit limited.
The hotel has great ambiance and atmosphere, feeling like a special place to be. I think they were filming X-Factor whilst we were there!
I haven't tried out the impressive looking spa and pool but have used the gym which is spacious and very well equipped (of a very good standard for a hotel gym).
The hotel also benefits from being in a great location in Whitehall, handy for shopping, walking to the sites and for business to the City.
I have now recommended the hotel to a number of friends and colleague and they are never disappointed.
The only real problem is that because it is so popular, the room rates appear to have risen dramatically. Notwithstanding the cost, however, we would still do all we could to stay here rather than anywhere else in London.
Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: The first room I stayed in was very small but I quickly arranged to move to a much larger room for o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and I hope you have now fully recovered from your operation. We consistently aim to provide the best service possible, going above and beyond our guest’s expectations and so I am glad to hear that during your time here the team looked after you very well. The design through the hotel is entirely bespoke combining traditional grandeur with modern freshness, creating an elegant and calming atmosphere. Located in the heart of central London, the hotel is perfectly positioned for those visiting on business or for leisure. Our 24 hour gym is well equipped and our personal trainers are on hand should their help be required. I do hope that you will continue to return to the hotel.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed here for one night to attend a seminar that was being held at the hotel. Simply from start to finish the whole experience was superb. We had lunch, dinner and breakfast at the hotel and they were excellent. My room was spacious and beautifully appointed, and the bathroom a drea. Best part is it was all free as a fear the cost of staying here is prohibitive for most.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dmandoodle

I would like to thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London. You certainly managed to experience quite a few areas of the hotel and I very much hope you will return and perhaps relax in our spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

First I want to apologize to the hotel in my delay and slack in writing this review. Got Home and Life just happens..No excuses just WOW OH WOW..I wanted to give the Hotel and the review the time it deserves-They are more then 7 stars.They sure were not slack in there service,hospitality and open arms welcoming.(you will see I am kinda a dramatic gurl-LOL

This is a wonderful Hotel,the pictures do not ---I repeat ---do not do it even come close to doing the hotel justice! I am hoping my pictures will help with that-you be the judge!

The Hotels sheer designer opulence and attention to detail is remarkable. I also want to say I read all reviews before booking here.
Some were umm emmm well ---a little less complimentary-I dont know why. I hope you will all think twice and stay here over some where else!
The staff, I swear must have to answer a secret question only they know. For what I mean by this,is that they all are there to help you have AN UNBELIEVABLE STAY!!!! And I do mean unbelievable stay.

The whole staff and I do mean all the staff from Concierge,Front Desk greeters to the Door Man to the Porters(who I might say if you are from the states 1 of them looks just like a young version of Christian Slater was soo sweet ran down the street got taxis when it took to long or was raining,he took pics for us) The one Door man who is from Ireland gave us suggestions where to go as this was our 2nd leg of the trip. We were going to the Notre Dame Game there.To the cleaning staff,as I smoke(oh there is no smoking in the rooms or in hotel)however there is a lovely courtyard that is built between the hotel walls that you may smoke a cig or cigar. Lovely fireplaces at each end and you may also order sandwiches or tea. To the restaurant servers at Massimos the Head Receiptionist Oonagha,to Maxime the Asst Manager who waited on us.
Everyone and I do mean everyone from the Concierges with Darren, Justin and Sebastian, to the Front Desk Ben Milsom Reservations Supervisor. He helped with the car service(we chose a JaguarXJ cost of £140 from the service of" Quintessentially"(please ask for Mark07738971555) and the initial reservation.

Our room was unbelievable a deluxe room,a lovely chocolate confection cake to celebrate our 1st trip to london and more. He made it all so special with champagne,which was waiting for us in the room. To Jean Louis Fresta -Front of House Manager to Julius Asst front desk supervisor. We had a slight problem with the first room heated floors(which seem to be standard in all rooms) not working.(Oh yes the hotel has free yes free wifi and it worked in our room along with the one we switched to! )They tried to fix the problem but were unable to with out major work in house.They were very courteous as they wont enter your room if you have DND light on or are not there and have not spoken to you to enter. If you read the review you will see I am trying to point out what others seem to find fault with where we DID NOT.
Also the closet was huge in this standard room. Not be able to fix this they offered to move us from room #726 deluxe to room #321 which was a beautiful suite.
The room was excellently appointed in decoration. There are 2 rooms a small hallway and 1 full bathroom along with a entry hallway with a guest bath as we did entertain while there we did biz and pleasure. I loved the room with its accessories books to read Chanel and more all for the guests enjoyment. I must mention I loved the makeup table with mirror drawers so chic!
I also want to say we didnt even need to leave the hotel if we chose not to.
The brkfst was lawesome, so many choices to choose from.Breads eggs sausage bacon ceral fresh fruit yogart I think you get it. You could also see a menu if you didnt want the continental Breakfast. This served breakfast and lunch tea can be had in the wonderful hotel lobby which really isnt a hotel lobby like we think of in the states. Dinner can be had at Massimos yumme yumme italian and a French Restaruant which we did not eat there. The spa which was phenomenal along with a work out room,lots of water and use of certain spa amenities.

WOW OH WOW Thank You to Renaud Gregoire who I also had the pleasure to meet. He enables his staff to take care of the situation-get it handled make the customer happy!

I am sure if you are reading this you can see how much we loved this hotel. I hope you read this in its entirety,Yes I do go on and on...When a hotel deserves this recognition it should be lengthy.
We have stayed all over in mostly 6+ star/Diamond etc Hotels from California to Hawaii to Rome Cavalieri Hotel. This is the Jewel of all!
Once you read this review please contact me if you have any questions.

We loved it so much we are going back in November --yes just 2 short months later..
I just didnt want to leave ever.

When we first arrived our stay was originally for 3 days, we extended our stay from 3 days to 4 more for a total of 7days---still not long enough!
Please realize you are in Europe and if you are from the states things/matters do run a little differently here.There is a hierarchy so know they do want to help you but must get the all ok from higher....Please treat the hotel and staff with courtesy (No I don't work here or for any hotel affiliation with them or any Hotel for that matter) .If there is a blip with your reservation or room just be patient.

There are so many people from the Hotel to say "Thank You" to. I hope you will show this to your staff Mr Dixion.

Thank You to you and all your staff for making our trip to LONDON so unbelievable we already have reservations for November 18th to 24th-confirmed!
Sincerely
With Warm Regards
Natalya Lisa

Room Tip: see above,room in the 300's are closer to the spa if this is where you wish to be of use
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalya37
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you for your amazing review of Corinthia Hotel London. We are genuinely appreciative of all of your feedback and that you so much enjoyed staying with us, your glowing review will be shared with the entire Corinthia team and displayed on our internal noticeboard. We note that you have already made a second visit, which we hope was just as memorable, and we look forward to exceeding your expectations once again on your future visits.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Had the great good fortune to stay at the Corinthia for two nights last week and wow! This brings a whole new level to the London hotel scene. Stayed in an executive room which was enormous and incredibly well appointed with details and modcons. Everything about the hotel is done well. It is indeed, a large hotel with an equally large and magnificent lobby where, I confess, lI got lost on more than one occasion while trying to find the correct elevator bank for my room.

My room - 217 - had a little foyer/dressing area and separate bedroom. Impressive size and attention to detail. Open closet, light comes on. Close closet, light goes off. Little things like that. Bathroom was pretty phenomenal, too. Great big bathtub and even bigger shower. Even a TV sunk into the wall so one can watch while one bathes. Everything thought through.

Ate in both restaurants and food so so so good. And the restaurants are so heavenly beautiful, all working off a similar thematic as the amazing Baccarat chandelier in the lobby - and great big glass orb hanging in the Italian restaurant. Had a proper English Sunday Lunch with roast beef and yorkshire pudding that was the best meal of the entire trip. Great fun bar, as well, with a bar that is not only designed to look like a piano, but it plays, too! Too good! And great cocktails - just a great place to hang out after dinner.

The Corinthia's location is pretty fabulous, as well. There is so much to do around the area - Trafalgar Square is a 5-min walk, as is the London Eye.

If you are looking for event space, Corinthia has some stunning ballrooms along with small dining and private areas that will spoil anyone. The business center and extremely efficient floor of small conference rooms makes for a really nice meeting and/or conference experience. And the penthouses!!! All with lofts and private terraces. We saw the music-themed penthouse with its beautiful fireplace, grand piano and cool record player (records!) and didn't want to leave.

I never got the opportunity to use the spa, but I had a quick tour and it is truly astonishingly well done and beautiful. It is worth spending a day, minimum. The pool is pretty impressive. The gym is huge and has all the newest equipment.

It is easy to see why there is such a buzz about the Corinthia. It is really pretty spectacular.

Room Tip: I saw several of the room categories, including the entry level rooms, which are spectacular in thei...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Battered Orange S

I would like to thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London. We aim to redefine luxury not only with the interiors of the hotel, but also in the service we provide. The hotel has been designed for the 21st century traveller with the latest technology, a total wellness concept at ESPA Life at Corinthia, flexible check in and out policy, 24 hour gym access, free Wi-Fi, in house Daniel Galvin at Corinthia salon and excellent transport links. The entirely bespoke interiors of the hotel can be attributed to GA Design International and display the perfect combination of traditional grandeur with modern freshness. Our rooms are amongst the largest in the London luxury market and include all the small touches of luxury allowing guests to relax in their comfortable surroundings.

We have two restaurants in the hotel – The Northall and Massimo Restaurant and Oyster Bar. The Northall serves seasonal British cuisine made from local produce sourced from artisan suppliers from around the British Isles. Our menus change regularly, depending on the time of year, creating opportunities to sample different produce. We have an excellent Sunday Roast and I am glad to hear you thought it was the best meal of your entire trip. Massimo Restaurant and Oyster Bar offers Mediterranean cuisine and is set within a striking venue designed by David Collins. Prosecco and Oysters at the bar is the perfect way to begin your evening and I hope you were able to try this. Bassoon Bar is our destination bar and serves some excellent cocktails made by our expert mixologists. This intimate space is a wonderful end to the evening with live piano performances.

On our mezzanine floor we have a business centre comprising of 6 meeting rooms accompanied by complimentary use of our printing facilities. The Ballroom and Courtroom are magnificent settings for events and can be set up into a variety of styles. The seven two-storey penthouses are set with the turrets of the building and are individually designed, boasting breath taking views across London. I hope you managed to see the London eye from the Musicians terrace.

ESPA Life at Corinthia is definitely well worth visiting. Our Thermal Floor is complimentary to all our guests and includes facilities such as a vitality pool, glass amphitheatre sauna, steam room, ice fountain, heated marble loungers and a swimming pool. We also have an extensive repertoire of treatments for both men and women and I highly recommend booking one before you arrive. I very much hope you will return to the hotel in the not too distant future.