“Beautiful accommodations, Exceptional service!”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #14 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We recently spent one of the most wonderful weeks at the Corinthia Hotel.

First let me start with a couple of small nuances that we encountered. Get them out of the way, before I rave about the hotel. I must emphasize that our opinion of the hotel was not impacted negatively by any of these.

If you are a fan of the X Factor UK you will be delighted to know that the contestants stay at the hotel. If not, you would want to know that the front street entrance is often crowded with fans and paparazzi. The contestants do love the attention. We learned to use the back entrance to avoid overcrowding. Unfortunately, there is not taxi service there.

The morning after our arrival we dined in the bar area of Northall for breakfast. Shortly after we were seated we were told that they would be removing the buffet and beginning to set up for lunch. They also swept the floor around us as we rushed to finish our breakfast. There are other options within the hotel for a late breakfast and I wish they had informed us before we were seated. Specifically, the Lobby Lounge and Northall.

When we checked in we were initially given a room that was not overlooking the courtyard as reserved. Upon notifying the front desk of this, after some time they moved us to a courtyard room which smelled of smoke. The bellhop agreed and we waited for a third room. 3rd time was a charm.

Once we were settled into our new room, much earlier in the day than any other hotel would have your room ready, our special stay began. The Corinthia thought of everything when they designed this hotel. The room was spacious, overlooking the courtyard with a small balcony. The wardrobe space (yes I said wardrobe), is bigger than most people I know space in their home. There are plenty of drawers, shelves, and rods for organizing your belongings. The safe is large enough to store any of your valuables. It was also nice to be able to leave our luggage in this space and out of the actually living area. The white marble bathroom is huge and includes separate areas for the shower and toilet. I have never slept so good in a hotel before. The hotel was completely booked during our stay and we never heard the smallest sound while in our room.
The king size bed was, well ...fit for a King! Amazingly comfortable. You have the ability to control all of the room lighting from your bedside table. First time I've seen this in a hotel. After I ruined my blow dryer, I was dreading the thought of the typical in room blow dryer provided by hotels. I should have known better. Even the blow dryer is amazing professional quality.

We had wonderful service throughout our stay. Concierge was helpful with last minute theatre tickets, tour reservations, and restaurant reservations. We were thrilled with all of their recommendations. We dined at all of the hotel restaurants and were not disappointed by the food selection and quality or the service. We enjoyed the beautiful Lobby Lounge on many evenings for a pre-dinner drink. I did go to the Daniel Galvin salon once for a blow dry. Ricky is a master. The best blow out I ever had!

The staff goes out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable and exceptional. They are 100% sincere when they ask you if there is anything they can do for you. I was asked while walking in the corridor, in the elevator, and all the more obvious places if there was anything I needed. The Corinthia Hotel takes service very seriously and they deliver on this.

We can not wait for our next stay!

Room Tip: Room 535 is beautifully appointed overlooking the courtyard.
1  Thank ZIMBoston
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Thank you for your review of Corinthia Hotel London. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful weekend at the hotel, however I was concerned to learn of the issues you encountered upon arrival. The Northall serves breakfast until 10.30am and this should have been explained to you before you were seated to avoid any disappointment. As you rightly highlighted, The Lobby Lounge also serves breakfast and this may have been a more suitable option in this situation. I would like to extend my apologies that this was not communicated to you effectively on this occasion.
I have equally since addressed the issue of your room allocation with our Front of House team, to ensure we maintain the highest service standards. I am however most pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. GA Design is responsible for the redesign of the hotel and they have managed to create an elegant space combining the perfect mixture of traditional grandeur and modern freshness. The design of the hotel is entirely bespoke and aims to redefine luxury, creating a calming environment for those travelling on business and for leisure.
Our bedrooms are some of the largest in the London luxury market with an average size of 45m2. Our courtyard rooms are extremely quiet and provide a peaceful night’s sleep. Our bathrooms are spacious and equipped with rain showers, ESPA products and LED TVs at the foot of the baths.
The Concierge team is very knowledgeable and go above and beyond our guest’s expectations to help create the perfect Corinthia experience. The Daniel Galvin salon is a wonderful addition and I will of course ensure Ricky is in receipt of your kind comments. We continually strive to ensure all our guests have a seamless and most memorable experience with us at Corinthia Hotel London as it is our personal service what makes this hotel special.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

My family and I stayed in a Deluxe Junior Suite this weekend as part of the "Suite Treats" package, and I cannot fault the experience. The hotel stands alone in London, helped by it's warm, knowledgable staff, contemporary, elegant ambience and modern, stylish spaces. The 24 hour check in/out policy is a revelation and allowed us to truly enjoy our stay in accordance with our travel schedule. Even before arrival we were contacted to ensure any requests could be catered for and upon check in, we were escorted on a tour of the hotel's facilities by the very helpful reception staff. The room, 316 was stunning with a separate vestibule, walk in wardrobe, sitting room and a spacious bedroom with balcony. The Corinthia understands that sometimes the little details change a hotel room to a home from home - fresh cut flowers, chocolates, art books, a decent coffee machine etc all made the space feel ours very quickly. Our butler was discreetly attentive and friendly, and talked us through the nuances of the room before leaving us his card to call for anything we needed. The bed was extremely comfortable, the furniture is understated but beautiful and the shower is the best I've encountered in all my travels. The room was also far quieter than expected, which may have been helped by our facing the courtyard but which nonethess was a welcome surprise. We had in room dining for dinner which was prompt, delicious and reasonably priced for London. Breakfast in The Northall restaurant was included and having dined there for dinner before, I was pleased to see that the quality of the food and the professionalism of the staff was the same. More than anything, I was impressed by the friendliness and flexibility of the hotel staff, all of whom went out of their way to make us feel welcome and accommodate our needs in a sincere and positive manner. In my opinion, the Corinthia sets a new standard for five star service, ambience and luxury in London and we will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Our courtyard-facing room was wonderfully quiet - I highly recommend 316.
2  Thank bringonthesummer_11

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London and found it to be a faultless experience. We aim to provide a friendly and welcoming service from the moment you step into the hotel with the tranquil ambiance of the Lobby Lounge being a wonderful introduction to the hotel. Corinthia Hotel London has pioneered a flexible check in /check out policy, which dispenses with traditional hotel restrictions. Guests simply need to specify their arrival and departure times upon booking and rooms are guaranteed to be available from this time, providing the ultimate flexibility when travelling. The hotel has been designed for the 21st century traveller including facilities such as a total wellness concept at our spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia, 24 hour access to our gym, the latest technology both within the rooms and around the hotel, as well as free amenities such as high speed Wi-Fi. We pride ourselves on offering an attentive service, anticipating our guests’ needs and going above and beyond their expectations to provide them with the best possible experience at Corinthia Hotel London. I am most pleased that you found the service and food in The Northall to be of the same consistent standard as your first visit and I very much hope that this visit has encouraged you to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

This is my second review of this property. Wish in good conscious I could give it one star, to scare people away, thereby leaving more room availability for me and my colleagues. This hotel is superb in almost every way, and I'm as picky a global business traveler as it gets (see my other reviews for evidence of that). See my first review of this property for further detail. I stay here a lot, and the consistency of quality and execution is equally striking- almost makes me concerned that management and staff risk becoming complacent or arrogant- no signs of that now, but always a risk based on my experience. In the mean time, until then, without any doubt, this is my hotel of choice in London.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

I would like to thank you for you kind comments in your recent review of Corinthia Hotel London. We continually strive to provide the best service possible, going above and beyond our guest’s expectations. The hotel aims to redefine luxury by catering for all the needs of a 21st century traveller. I am most thankful for your continued support of Corinthia Hotel London and I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

The Corinthia Hotel London was new for us. It is located centrally in Whitehall, a block from the Underground.

It was wonderful experience all around.

The bed was so very comfortable and the rooms were great. Probably the best shower we have ever been in. The staff, from the doorman and maids, servers in the restaurants to the desk and concierges to the front desk was to a person helpful, warm and very competent. SPECTACULAR is the best way to describe them.

It is a bit pricey (but it was London) and we had a package that had every 3rd night free and breakfast included so that helped.

If you are looking to a high end hotel, do not pass this one up!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

I am most thankful for your kind comments following your recent stay with us in Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel is ideally located at the heart of cultural London and is within walking distance of some of London’s major attractions. Our rooms have been designed for 21st century travellers, with the latest technologies and comforts our guests may need. We pride ourselves in offering a friendly and attentive service and I am glad to hear you found the team to be helpful. I do hope you will return to the hotel and sample our magnificent spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia.

Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

The Corinthia Hotel magic starts at the door, the professional but not stuffy employees are welcoming and warm. Check in is efficient and easy.
My hotel suite was stunning, big bathroom and very well designed.
We had champagne in the bar which was stunning.
Highly recommend for a special stay in London 5

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you kindly for your wonderful review of Corinthia Hotel London. We aim to make our guest’s stays as seamless and comfortable as possible and so I am delighted to learn we were successful. I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Maybe a tad more expensive then some hotels but this truly is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. It was my wife's birthday and we were upgraded to an executive suite. There was a yummy chocolate cake in the room. The art of a true class hotel is to be 5 star but also very welcoming. We felt like honoured guests from the minute we set foot in the hotel. Very impressed. Loved the spar. Fabulous breakfast, all food top quality. Room perfect, bed incredible. Excellent soundproofing. Love the ESPA bathroom and the bath TV! We will definitely make this our London hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank georgesmith50

I would like to thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us on the occasion of your wife’s birthday. We consistently aim to provide the best service possible, going above and beyond our guest’s expectations and enhancing your stay in any way that we can. Our rooms are some of the largest in the London luxury market and are discreetly equipped with all the latest technology and facilities that a 21st century traveller may need - our LED TVs at the foot of the bath are especially popular with our guests. I am also glad to hear you were able to experience ESPA Life at Corinthia, our magnificent spa, which is spread over four floors. Our gym and Thermal Floor are complimentary to all our guests and provide the perfect place to escape at the end of the day. I hope you will return to Corinthia Hotel London soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Very impressed by all aspects of this hotel. On the doorstep of Trafalgar Square, stones throw from The London Eye, short walk to Regent/Oxford Street you couldn't be better placed for sightseeing/shopping. The hotel itself is cool and contemporary yet equally welcoming. Professional and warm service, echoed throughout our stay with all staff. Massimo restaurant excellent food, service and ambience. Outstanding room with best ever shower-super turbo charged water pressure! Compelled to write this review by our outstanding stay in this top hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to learn of your feedback regarding your stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London. Our central location is at the heart of culture, politics, business and entertainment, making it the perfect place to visit London. The hotel has been elegantly redesigned by GA Design International with the perfect combination of traditional grandeur and modern freshness. We continuously strive to provide the best possible service, going above and beyond our guest’s expectations and so I am most pleased you found it to be professional and warm. I very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.