“Saved from Z Hotels”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I checked into the Corinthia at 3 am following a disastrous night at the Z hotel Soho.

The Corinthia staff were incredible across the board, reception, doormen, restaurant staff, housekeeping. Rate was very competitive. Got an upgraded room which was plush and oozed contemporary glamour, like a modern take on Claridges.

Would absolutely stay again and recommend.

1  Thank Rutim
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

We are sorry to hear of your poor experience with your previous hotel, but really pleased that we could come to the rescue and upgrade you as well. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and experienced our exceptional customer service across all aspects of our business, we pride ourselves on always going the extra mile and exceeding our customer expectations. We can’t wait to welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,646)

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Delightful in every way..we had a lovely one night stay including spa break,Hotel is mind blowing staff amazing,Breakfast amazing.We will be back.Thank you very much for the upgrade on are room.Everything is beautiful you are all doing a truly amazing Job.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thank you for your glowing comments following your recent stay in Corinthia Hotel London. We aim to provide the best service possible going above and beyond our guests’ expectations. We value every guest that comes to stay at the hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed you experience with us. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stayed at the Corinthia for 1 night on Sunday 9th December.
From our initial arrival we received a welcoming greeting from the very charming gentleman on reception who showed us around the hotel and then to our room 415.
Our room was very spacious and immaculate, we had a balcony overlooking the inner courtyard. I have never slept as well and in such a comfortable bed. A quick mention needs to made to the excellent standards delivered by the housekeeping team.
We had dinner and breakfast in the Northall restaurant, delicious food and excellent service.
On Monday we made use of the amazing spa and also had a facial.
Every member of staff should be praised. Faultless service, attention to detail and pure opulence. I believe this is now the best hotel in London, We really didn't want to leave and I cannot wait to return !

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank suntan01
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are committed to providing excellent customer service standards and pride ourselves on exceeding our guest’s expectations. We have some of the largest rooms in the London luxury market with an average size of 45m2 and they have been equipped with the latest technology to fulfil the needs of the 21st century traveller. I am glad that you were able to experience some of our offerings at the hotel. ESPA Life at Corinthia is our magnificent spa that is spread over four floors. Our Thermal Floor is complimentary to all our guest and includes some remarkable facilities such as a vitality pool, ice fountain, heated marble beds, a glass amphitheatre sauna and a silver steel swimming pool. I hope that our spa team were helpful and that you enjoyed your facial. At Corinthia Hotel London we have tried to redefine luxury and I hope that you would agree. We shall look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Four of us had lunch at the Northall Restaurant in the Corinthia Hotel just off Trafalgar Square, and it was a treat from start to finish. Excellent smoked salmon (and an extremely generous portion), superb sea bream and a delicious syllabub - these basic descriptions do not do the meal justice, as it was all beautifully presented, and served by excellent waiting staff. This meal is a bargain at £29 a head. The high-quality crackers were a lovely Christmas surprise - all in all a great experience and one which I shall be repeating in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind comments following your visit to The Northall. This sophisticated restaurant serves seasonal British cuisine made from locally sourced suppliers from around the British Isles. We have a range of menus to cater for all our guests and I am delighted to hear that you found our market menu to be of good value. Our Executive Chef, Garry Hollihead, consistently provides an excellent selection of beautifully presented dishes and I will most certainly share your compliments with him and the team alike. On behalf of us all here at Corinthia Hotel London, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Dixon

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I had an absolutely mindblowing experience at the Corinthia and hope to never stay anywhere else. The hotel is an architectural marvel. Its four floor spa was beautiful and its darkened sleep nook had me feel like an Indian princess. They generously upgraded me to a suite room and it was one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in in a long time. Marco, the wonderful florist decorated my rooms with orchids, purple and lush and was a joy to work with. And the breakfast buffet was fit for a king. i enjoyed dinner in their in hotel restaurant and although the food was only good the atmosphere was memorable. The front desk staff and concierge team were also lovely to work with as was the spa front desk team. My only complaint is that my spa practitioner was not professional or pleasant and I did not enjoy my service. Just a fluke i suspect and I will request someone else next time. Otherwise, superb.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy F
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful and glowing review of Corinthia Hotel London, we are genuinely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and have taken the time to write such a passionate response. We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests expectations and in always going the extra mile with those special touches to please all our clients. The designers of the hotel have really created a very unique and impressive space using the original blueprint plans and modern technology that makes the hotel both comfortable and luxurious at the same time. We will pass on your compliments to our florists, who provide the most beautiful arrangements throughout the hotel and in our rooms, and to the front of house team. I am sorry your stay was marred by the service you received from the spa practitioner, please rest assured your feedback will be dealt with at the highest level. We look forward to welcoming you back to Corinthia Hotel London very soon to once again enjoy all as you say superb facilities.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Given that we were using a Telegraph voucher, our meal was excellent value and this is a great place to sit and have lunch. The service was wonderful, welcoming , friendly and efficient and the Northall restaurant is a very comfortable space.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our Northall Telegraph offer. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your meal, the view and the value, as well as receiving great customer service. We will feed back your response to the Northall team, and look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

It wasn't bad, just disappointing and very ordinary for what is supposed to be one of the best afternoon teas in London.

The sandwiches were fine, but you could make much nicer ones yourself or buy one from any half decent sandwich shop.

The actual tea arrived about half an hour after we had ordered.

The scones were fine and good clotted cream.

The little cakes and other sweet things were ok, only one was indelible. But they all tasted the same, very sweet and a bit sickly and a little bit stale.

It was my girlfriend's birthday and I wanted to do something special. I felt wonderfully let down by this experience.

If £40 a head for an ordinary tea, sandwich and cake is normal, then fine. If you want and expect something extraordinary and special for this amount, look elsewhere.

10  Thank Jamie B
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent visit for Afternoon Tea at the Corinthia Hotel London. I was extremely disappointed to read of your experience and I would like to extend our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you both on what should have been a special occasion.
I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and to restore your faith in us by accepting our offer of goodwill as previously extended to you.