“Stay in the lap of luxury”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #15 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have stayed in some gorgeous hotels, but the Corinthia has that extra bit of something that tells you that every facet of your stay was considered. From the great amenities to the great layout of the room, my partner and I felt very pampered for the ten days that we stayed here. The gym is large with plenty of machines and weights, but the spa thermal pools are not to be missed. The location is also great - just across the street from the Embankment underground station, across the bridge from the London Eye, and a short walk to Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abbey, the Strand, and the Charing Cross Bookstores. Don't have time to go to Harrod's? They have a small store right in the lobby. There were only two faults I found during the entire time we were there. First, it seemed that the maid service thought there was only one person in the room. So turn down was for only one person (only one bottle of water was left, and slippers and robe were put out for just one person. Of course, my partner assumed it was for him ;-) Secondly, we were in London during St.Patrick's Day. I think there was a pub or bar in the building across from us, and some of the noise from the street carried up to our first floor room. But these are trivial and do not subtract from a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Room 147 has flags right outside the window. On windy days, the flapping of the flag can be botherso...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of Corinthia Hotel London, and for pointing out the attention to detail, on which we pride ourselves. The ESPA Life toiletries, Nespresso coffee machine, water and turndown treats, 1GB wifi, a daily newspaper and access to our Business Centre are all included as standard. Whilst the ESPA Life spa and gym need to be seen to be believed, with four floors of marble luxury housing a Thermal Floor with swimming pool, a state of the art gym, seventeen treatment rooms and private couple pods. The hotel is also ideally situated for both the business and leisure traveller with easy access to the financial district in The City of London, adjacent to the transport hub of Charing Cross rail and Embankment tube stations, near to the heart of London’s Theatreland, and within walking distance of many of London’s iconic sights, including Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Churchill’s War Rooms, and Downing Street. There are a number of authentic British pubs in the vicinity that under normal circumstances enhance our guest’s stay with us, which we hope won’t deter you from coming to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I enjoyed a particularly memorable weekend at the wonderful Corinthia Hotel in London recently. From check-in to check-out I felt pampered and special by the amazing staff. The attention to detail is evident in all aspects of the hotel.
Firstly, the decor is both luxurious and modern - normally a contradiction - not here!, the stunning floral arrangements are breathtaking and I adored the stunning pieces of art throughout the hotel.
Secondly, without doubt this hotels primary asset - apart from its location - is its staff, words cannot do enough justice to their attention to all guests, it is as though they cannot do enough for you and I witnessed them going the extra mile throughout my entire stay and not just to me, you can see it in their attitudes it is as though it is their raison d'etre, its quiet astonishing as so many hotels strive to acheive this and fail miserably- the hotel should be extraordinarly proud of each & every one of them.
Our room was stunning, spacious enough without being huge and empty, the decor was calm, yet warm and inviting. We had a charming little balcony overlooking the internal courtyard which my smoker BF was thrilled with. The bathroom was stunning and the beds so comfortable.
The Espa Spa is wonderful, and definitely worth a visit for either relaxing or pampering.
All in all, I just can't say enough about this hotel - I cannot wait to go back & wish I was there right now .......

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you for your glowing review of your experience at Corinthia Hotel London, your feedback is very much appreciated and shared with the team. We are especially pleased that you have highlighted our exceptional customer service standards, as we pride ourselves on our Craftsmanship of Care policy by taking pride in always going the extra mile for each and every one of our guests. The hotel was designed by GA Design, who have cleverly incorporated many of the original features of a classic traditional grand hotel with contemporary modern design and produced the perfect hotel for the 21st century traveller. We aim to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of all our guests, and as such we are continually updating our technology, for example we have recently introduced the fastest broadband speed to1GB. The location is ideal for access to many of London’s iconic major sights, the hotel is within walking distance of Trafalgar Square, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and The Southbank, as well as close to over thirty London theatres and opera houses, and adjacent to the central transport hub of Charing Cross rail and Embankment tube stations. All of our bedrooms are larger than the standard central London hotels, and come complete with an en-suite underfloor heated marble bathroom with rain shower and built in LCD TV at the end of the bath tub, and are designed both for comfort as well as being aesthetically pleasing. ESPA Life at Corinthia is indeed wonderful, and spread over four floors it houses a swimming pool, vitality pool, amphitheatre sauna and steam room, as well as the relaxing heated Cleopatra beds, it really is a little bit of heaven. We wish you were here right now, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel is not cheap, but it really is incredibly good - a perfect example of getting what you pay for. Its virtually impossible to find fault with in our experience of staying twice now. Stunning building, placed right in the heart of where you want to be in London to see the sights; the rooms and spaces mix classic elegance and style with ultra modern touches. The staff and general standards of service are absolutely exceptional, as is the food. Spa is amazing. If you want to splash out a bit to stay in true style and total luxury in London, then this is the place for you.

1  Thank LBEEOV

Thank you for your kind review of your stay at the Corinthia Hotel London, we really appreciate your feedback, especially your praise of our standards of service. The hotel is ideally situated for the business or leisure traveller, being within walking distance of many of London’s iconic sights, set near to the heart of theatreland, adjacent to the central transport hub of Charing Cross rail and Embankment tube stations, and with easy access to The City of London financial district. ESPA Life at Corinthia is exceptional with four floors of marble luxury with a state-of-the-art gym, a Thermal Floor, and superb changing rooms housing sleeping pods and separate sauna and steamroom. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back once more to our luxurious hotel.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed in the Corinthia for three nights in early January 2013. I was looking for an upmarket, classy hotel but with a modern feel and the Corinthia did not disappoint (I find many of the other London five stars such as Claridges and the Dorchester to be too traditional in decor for my taste).

I emailed the hotel before arriving to let them know that my partner and I were celebrating an anniversary. At check in we were told that we had been upgraded to a larger room and in the room we found a delicious surprise cake and a lovely card from the hotel management welcoming us to the hotel.

The room itself was fabulous. Through the main door there is a small entrance hall. Straight ahead is a walk-in wardrobe with automatic lighting and plentiful wardrobe and drawer space.

To the right of the entrance hall was the bathroom which contained a walk-in shower with a huge rainfall showerhead (probably the best shower I've ever used!), a toilet with separate door, his and hers sinks with an enormous mirror and the biggest bath I've ever had the pleasure of using (more like a small pool with my 5'3 stature!), complete with a TV at the foot of it! Complimentary ESPA products were provided which made a lovely change to the run-of-the-mill products that other hotels provide. Slippers and bathrobes were also provided but I found the robes to be very hard, rough and uncomfortable.

To the left of the entrance hall was the bedroom. The bed was fantastic; enormous and firm but incredibly comfortable. The bed linen was blatently high quality. To the right of the bed were full length windows which opened onto a juliet balcony overlooking the courtyard incredible Baccarat chandelier in the lobby. I imagine the rooms with city views were much more interesting but probably not quite as peaceful. A table with two chairs stood by the foot of the bed, near the windows and at the back of the room was the minibar with complimentary Nespresso machine. The chocolates left as part of the turndown service were a lovely touch.

I only have two complaints about the room. The first being that it got rather warm and the aircon did little to cool it down. We actually took to opening the doors on the balcony (in January) in order to achieve a comfortable temperature. The second complaint is that the juliet balcony was littered with cigarette butts - I assume from the guest who stayed in the room before us (whose name remained on the touchscreen phone throughout our stay). It's a basic hygiene matter and it also makes you wonder what else has been missed by housekeeping. I would urge management to ensure that housekeeping pay particular attention to this as details like this can let down a hotel's reputation and I did find it rather disappointing after being so impressed by everything else.

On a more positive note, the location of the hotel was perfect. It sits just across the road from Charring Cross station and Embankment underground and tourist hotspots such as Trafalgar Square, the theatres of the West End, Parliament and Buckingham Palace were within walking distance.

The service at the hotel was excellent. We called reception a couple of times to ask for extra coat hangers and for a re-stock of teabags and both times this was dealt with swiftly. I phoned the concierge on Wednesday evening and asked if they could arrange tickets for us to see Les Miserable at Queens Theatre on the Friday evening. I knew this was a big ask as the show is always a sell-out, and the chances of getting tickets to it on a Friday night with two days' notice was slim. However, the concierge managed to find tickets through a broker. These obviously came at a premium but they were eight rows from the front, central and worth every penny. I was very pleasantly surprised by the Corinthia's "can do" attitude, I often find with upmarket hotels that you are made to feel as though you are inconveniencing the staff if you make any special requests but this certainly wasn't the case at the Corinthia.

We didn't get the opportunity to check out the spa and, judging by the photos in the brochure in the room, massively missed out. We also didn't get the chance to eat in the hotel (as we were so busy but the restaurants looked very impressive and I've heard raving reviews from friends.

I would also like to mention that the doormen were delightful. Always friendly, welcoming and ready with umbrellas!

Despite a couple of major niggles (the cigarette issue being a major niggle to me), I will definitely return to the Corinthia. I am yet to find another hotel to my taste with such high levels of service.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AbbyMitch
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a delightfully detailed review of your stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London, and for highlighting all the attention to detail that makes the hotel so unique and special. We pride ourselves on our Craftsmanship of Care policy and training of the personnel team, who always enjoy going the extra mile for all of our guests. The hotel was designed by GA Design, who have cleverly incorporated the grandeur of the original building and combined it with modern facilities and technology to meet the demands of the 21st century traveller. The hotel is also in a prime position to access the best of London theatres and opera houses, close to many iconic sights and adjacent to the central transport hub of Charing Cross rail and Embankment tube station, as well as being close to the City of London for the business traveller. The hotel has some of the largest rooms of all London hotels, complete with en-suite under floor heated enormous marble bathrooms with rain showers and built in LCD-TV as standard, all beautifully and tastefully decorated for both comfort and pleasure. Your valuable comments regarding the balcony and bath towels have since been shared and investigated with our Executive Housekeeper, who has already briefed the team accordingly. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to having the opportunity to delight you again when you can enjoy both The Northall and Massimo Restaurants, as well as relaxing and rejuvenating in the exceptional ESPA Life spa at Corinthia.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed for one hectic business week during the Olympics, and enjoyed my stay, despite not having the time to soak up the experience.
I promised my wife a short spring vacation in London and decided to get the best of the Corinthia experience over a long relaxed weekend.
This is a wonderful building, in a great location, that has been converted magnificently into a stunning 5* plus hotel.
From arrival to departure all of the staff were exceptional, with nothing being too much trouble.
The room and bathroom were beyond beautiful and so well-equipped, with a very comfortable king size bed and lots of goose down pillows, and a great rain-forest shower.
We only dined in for breakfast, but that too was excellent and set us up for the day ahead.
This is our new favourite London hotel and it would be difficult to improve upon this experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you so much for your glowing review of your stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London, it certainly sounds like you and your wife had a most enjoyable visit. You have highlighted what makes us most proud in the hotel, both the attention to detail and the impeccable customer service standards with our Craftsmanship of Care policy. The hotel has been caringly restored from a government office to a Grand Hotel for the 21st century, designed to meet the needs of the modern traveller, and is ideally located in a central hub for culture, iconic London sights and transport links. Our rooms have been beautifully designed by GA Design, and are larger than average for a standard London hotel, all of them come complete with an en-suite marble under-floor heated bathroom with rain showers and built in LCD-TV, and yes the goose down duvets and pillows ensure a blissful night’s sleep. The Northall buffet breakfast offers an exceptional variety of hot and cold foods as well as a full English breakfast option, and sets you up for the day’s business or sight-seeing. We are really pleased we are now your favourite London hotel, and cannot wait to welcome you again soon when this time you could experience The Northall or Massimo Restaurant for dinner and relax in the breath-taking ESPA Life spa.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Great place to eat with very attentive staff and wonderful food. We booked via Bookatable - so had the equivalent of the pre-theatre menu. Don't let the limited choice put you off. It was delicious. We didn't stay so cannot comment on the rooms

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of your dining experience at The Northall restaurant in the Corinthia Hotel London and your great recommendation. The Pre-Theatre menu is excellent value, and has a variety of choice that changes seasonally, it has been so successful we have also introduced this as a Post-Theatre option too. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, perhaps next time as a resident so that you can enjoy our wonderful bedrooms and spa.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I contacted the hotel last week in regards to a room for the same week. Fortunately, we were able to get a room and I couldn't wait to be spending my Birthday in London and in the Corinthia Hotel.

Wehen arriving the check in was great, and the room was beautiful. Leading up to the stay, communicating with Concierge was easy and were accommodating to any of our requests/questions.

Had a brilliant say and will be sure to stay there again.

Just check check in, although it says anytime, I rang down and they said 12. They allowed us til 4, wished I'd asked for longer to save sitting at Euston on a Saturday night!

Cannot wait to go back and visit the hotel! Plus, afternoon tea at the hotel was wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smileysmiler89
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a charming review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are pleased you were able to share your birthday with us and you had a really enjoyable time. The team at Corinthia London pride themselves on always going the extra mile and exceeding our guest’s expectations. Our flexible check-in, check-out policy is bookable in advance, and with notice the reception team will always attempt to accommodate any special requests. We can’t wait to welcome you back, when you could once again relish our exceptional Afternoon teas, or perhaps next time try out the amazing ESPA Life spa, that really would make your stay perfect.