“Only place to stay in London!”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #18 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Only place to stay in London!”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Great location, every restaurant is top quality, amazing staff, and the rooms! We had a junior suite that was HUGE! Fantastic shower, great amenities, comfortable beds and plugs I could you without an adapter. Can walk to just about everywhere that is worthwhile. Covent Garden, Westminster, Piccadilly , you name it, if you have the time, you will see all the sights. Book it today!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for your kind review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London, it certainly sounds like you had a really enjoyable vacation. All of our rooms are larger than average for central London hotels, the suites especially so, and all come complete with en-suite under-floor heated marble bathrooms with rain showers and baths with built in LCD TV. The bedrooms come equipped with international socket boards ideal for overseas and business travellers. The hotel is positioned just south of Trafalgar Square and is within easy reach of many of London’s iconic sights, adjacent to the central transport hub of Charing Cross rail and Embankment tube stations and within a mile radius of over thirty West End theatres and opera houses, perfect for the leisure traveller. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you again when you return.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Four night stay at the Corinthia this past week. Absolutely best hotel In London, and best we've ever stayed in (even better than many Four Seasons stays around the world). First time in a Corinthia flagged hotel.

Everything about this hotel was brilliant - location, room (Room 530), service, gym, spa, dining (Massimo is amazing!), Lobby Bar, Nespresso machine in-room.

Can't wait to get back to the Corinthia. No better place to stay in London. You will not be disappointed....

1 Thank David A
Thank you for your glowing review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We really appreciate your feedback, especially as a seasoned traveller. We are really pleased you managed to enjoy many of the superb facilities the hotel has to offer, including our breath taking ESPA Life at Corinthia spa with four floors of marble luxury housing the next generation gym, seventeen treatment rooms, and a thermal floor with swimming and vitality pools, an amphitheatre sauna and reclining heated beds and the very impressive Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar serving exquisite Italian cuisine. We feel very privileged that you chose to come and stay with us for your first visit and can’t wait to welcome you back for your second.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Before arriving, I had success in being helped arrange transport as well as tours through the concierge, who was very helpful the entire time.
I arrived from a 10 hour flight from the states, warm greeting by everyone in the front as well as the reception. Very easy checkin, they showed me to my room personally and showed me how to use all of the electronics (AC, tea maker, etc) as most hotels leave you to figure out on your own. I am not a fan of English food (fried, heavy creams, lots of butter & salt) so I sort of custom ordered everything the whole time and was very pleased. If I order a plain chicken breast and steamed veg with nothing on it, its usually burnt, dry, chewy and just fuel for my body, but the Corinthia went the extra mile to cook everything perfectly and it was so tasty! Even down to the splurge of my fresh homemade green apple sorbet. MMM...
The bed was very comfortable, which is hard to say in a lot of places. The noise level was non-exsistant being that I was overlooking a busy street. It was nice to open the windows and hear the horses clicking down the road etc though. The cleanliness was AMAZING and I am SUPER picky about that! I won't ever step on the floor of a hotel without my slippers on, but I did in this room because it was that clean. Everything looks new still, most 5* hotels that have been around for a while show aging on the carpet, furniture etc. but not this one.
The next day I went to the spa, the day I had to adjust to the time zone. I emailed them prior telling them my specifications to what sort of massage I required, otherwise if it wasn't deep tissue enough, I would pass. They recommened Angel, a male therapist-which I normally only have women, however they were right, it was literally THE best massage I ever had! Wish he'd come to the states! He was professional so I never felt awkward or tense being that he was male and the massage perfect! Highly recommend him, I added a 25min foot massage at the end which was heaven. Then had a facial, very pleasant girl, not too big on facials but it was so relaxing I almost fell asleep.
Next day before I had to start working, I visited the gym and every morning thereafter. It was the only gym I have been to travleling that allowed me to get a normal workout in. Sure, the machines were a little different than what I am spoiled with at home but it was more than perfect. I do wish they had normal spin bikes though, they have a spin bike game of some sort where you have to ride through a video course increasing resistance-didn't care for it so did other stuff.
Every single person I came across was VERY friendly, helpful and professional. I can't say enough of this place. They exceeded my exectations and for people that know me, that is really a tough challenge.

What else, hairdryer was great (I have super thick hair)...Tour guide was great that they recommended for my day off. As always be sure to visit Harrods though! Tea room has a taster dish called the Mayfair-do try it! Its very authentic London. Great time! Thanks again Corinthia staff! I wish you had a hotel in Vegas where I live!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 1st floor, nothing to complain about at all, and my colleuge had one on 6th floo...
2 Thank Vegas G
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a charming review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London, it sounds like you were able to take advantage of all of the facilities the hotel has to offer and combine a business trip with leisure activities. We are always pleased to hear that our team have gone the extra mile and exceeded our guest’s expectations, especially as we pride ourselves on our Craftsmanship of Care policy and training. The hotel is ideally positioned for both access to the City of London for business and to the sights of London for pleasure, whilst being away from the main streets means that one can escape the hustle and bustle and enjoy peace and quiet and a silent night’s sleep. Your room must have been facing the original Scotland Yard, and the horses hooves you can hear in the morning are the police horses, who have been stabled there since the time of Sherlock Holmes. We are delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of the award winning ESPA Life spa and enjoy using the equipment of the twenty-four hour gym and experience the best massage in London from our masseur Angel. Perhaps one day we will have a West Coast hotel, but in the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back to London and our establishment on your next visit, be it for business or pleasure.

London
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed at the hotel as a birthday treat from our children for my husband. What a treat it was from the moment we arrived. The staff are all so courteous and friendly . Our room was perfect in every way with views of the London eye and House of Parliament .Spotlessly clean with lovely fluffy towels and beautiful bed linen on the most comfortable bed.
The decor throughout the hotel is just beautiful and full use has been made of all the original features when it was originally built. We ended our first evening with cocktails a must if you stay and worth every penny.Started the day in the spa which was wonderful and then had probably the best afternoon tea we have ever had and have been to most of the other hotels famous for it.There are cheaper places to stay in London but the Corinthia is a luxurious hotel well worth paying a bit extra so treat yourself and enjoy the great location.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 509 and would recommend it.
1 Thank SprogLondon
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you very much for posting your charming review of your birthday treat stay at Corinthia Hotel London. It sounds like you enjoyed a very special experience, especially staying in one of our rooms with a view over the Thames to the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament. All our fixtures and fittings are of the very best quality, the fluffy towels are supplied by Frette, the bed linen by Pratesi, and the mattresses are Hypnos, which is why all our guests say they have the very best sleep. We are very pleased you managed to enjoy many of the fabulous facilities the hotel has to offer, especially sampling the bespoke cocktails in Bassoon, and indulging in our amazing ESPA Life at Corinthia spa. Thank you for the compliment for our Afternoon Tea, served in The Lobby Lounge under the iconic one thousand and one Bacarrat crystal chandelier, our pastry chef is very creative and produces seasonal variations with many witty and tasty cakes. We hope your children treat you again soon so that we may welcome you once more.

LOS ANGELES
Reviewed 12 May 2013

What a find. For my recent 3 nights stay, in Room 612, The Corinthia was simply perfect in every way. From the fast check in and warm welcome to the room itself which was beautifully done. Great bed, superb bathroom and amenities and so quiet. Everyone on the staff is just so well trained and professional and always helpful and responding to your most mundane request so rapidly and cheerfully. The room service is exceptional. The food just perfect each time.
Also, quite amazing in a hotel of this class: FREE WIFI. Many others, like Claridge's, Dorchester, Grosvenor house should follow this rare example. BRAVO to the Corinthia.
The location is ultra convenient but you don't feel that just so close you are in the midst of the bustle and crowds of Trafalgar square and touristy Westminster.
Have already highly recommended the hotel to a lot of friends and just hope to come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for posting such a lovely review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London, and for your kind compliments. We pride ourselves on our Craftsmanship of Care policy, and are always especially pleased to receive great feedback for our customer service standards, the team at Corinthia London always go the extra mile to exceed every guest’s expectations. There is complimentary 1GB WIFI throughout the hotel and bedrooms, which is also the fastest broadband connection of any London hotel. The hotel is ideal for both the business and leisure traveller, with an adjacent transport hub for speedy access to The City of London, many of London’s must-see sights within walking distance and over thirty West End theatres and opera houses within a mile radius. The Corinthia London is slightly away from the main roads of the Strand and Whitehall, which ensures your stay is always quiet and peaceful for an excellent night’s sleep. We really appreciate your recommendation and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager
london
Reviewed 12 May 2013

attended for a spa day with friends. luxurious and trendy venue. amazing treatments, best pedicure ever. fantastic massage and great light lunch. thoroughly recommended. best spa in london...mrs onion

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mronion
Thank you for your review of your day spa experience at ESPA Life at Corinthia, it certainly sounds like you had a fantastic day with fabulous treatments. ESPA Life at Corinthia is fast becoming the destination spa, housed in four storeys of marble luxury, offering seventeen superbly appointed treatment rooms and staffed by expert therapists, with a state-of-the-art gym, and a Thermal Floor with a swimming pool, vitality massage pool, an amphitheatre sauna and steam room. We are really pleased you enjoyed your day and we look forward to welcoming you back for our new Summer Day Spas.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for my birthday break in London. It was just the job. Well located for the sightseeing we had planned, The National Portrait Gallery and Greenwich which you can get to on the river from Westminster Pier, a short walk away. The hotel is 2 years old and of a very high standard, at least comparable to the Savoy Claridges the Connaught etc. However it does not have the heritage of those landmarks but nor does it charge their prices.
Décor is contemporary in the rooms and of a very high standard and the amenities are what you would expect. The rain shower went down a storm, sorry! Little engineering problem with the bath shower valve was sorted in an instant. Massimos restaurant (mainly fish) was good but meat eaters would not be satisfied and my wife would not return but the hotel has another restaurant which we must try next time. The breakfast buffet is top notch with something for everyone but it is probably best to get a rate inclusive of breakfast as it is on the expensive side. If you want 5 start deluxe in London you will be please with this hotel.

Room Tip: inner facing rooms have no noise whatsoever which in a city is a plus
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your glowing review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel is ideal for sightseeing with many of London’s iconic sights within walking distance, including Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and the London Eye, equally local is the central transport hub of Charing Cross rail and Embankment tube stations, and Embankment pier for boat access to The City of London, the O2 Centre and Greenwich. The hotel has just celebrated its second birthday, it was designed by GA Designs, who have incorporated the best of the original features, such as the magnificent high ceilings, with the latest in modern design and technology, to make Corinthia London the 21st century grand hotel. All of our larger than average bedrooms come complete with en-suite under-floor heated marble bathrooms with rain showers and baths with built in LCD TV. We are pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the extensive buffet breakfast in The Northall and dinner in the Italian Massimo & Oyster Bar Restaurant. We wish you a very Happy Birthday, and look forward to welcoming you once again, when you can have the opportunity to enjoy many of the other facilities the hotel has to offer, especially our amazing spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia and next time dinner in The Northall restaurant.