“Current preferred London hotel, equal to Gleneagles in my UK preferences” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corinthia Hotel London

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #20 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Current preferred London hotel, equal to Gleneagles in my UK preferences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Brilliant hotel. Since my first experience which was an upgraded room on late arrival it is no.1 on my preferred list.

They have looked after my wife and I in the early hours checking out of a disappointing hotel, I got double booked during Wimbledon but they had catered for it generously elsewhere. As a result I go back whenever I am able - and when there is a room available!

Stayed in one of their largest rooms/suites, it was a surreal experience.

Wife and I recently visited again on a Friday night. Only downside was a vey busy bar - but what to expect in December.

Room Tip: Book an extra night !
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are especially pleased to read the team at Cornthia London went above and beyond to exceed your expectations, and we are now your preferred London hotel. All of our rooms are larger than average for central London hotels, and our suites are exceptionally large with separate entrance halls, dressing rooms, sitting rooms, and superb bathrooms, and many with spectacular views over the London skyline. Bassoon has been very busy during the festive season, playing live music every evening, and serving the best bespoke cocktails. We very much look forward to welcoming you on your return visit, and our Bassoon bartenders can create a cocktail of your choice.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

My wife and I had the privilege of spending a night at the Corinthia earlier in December. It was officially for a birthday, but we had an evening function in London over the same time, which made the stay convenient.
We arrived very early in the day, as we had pre-organised spa treatments. From the time you enter the hotel, you feel totally welcome. Every staff member, it seems, simply has the mandate to make guests feel happy and welcome. Of course, the fact that the decorations in the lobby take one's breath away also helps.
If you stay at this hotel, do not make the mistake of missing the spa. It's voted the best in Europe, and it's easy to see why when you step into the calm, tranquil surroundings. We arrived about 90 minutes early to enjoy the amenities, and we were extremely grateful we did. The spa (even without treatment) is a real delight. I had probably the best massage I've ever had. I felt transported. Well worth it. Food options at the spa are healthy and complement the lovely surroundings.
Pre-dinner cocktails in the bar are a must. Sadly, we never enjoyed an evening meal at the hotel, but we did avail ourselves of coffee in the lounge around midnight upon our return. Once again - everyone is particularly willing to help.
Breakfast in the morning is an opulent affair.
The rooms themselves are sublime. Nespresso machines, magnificent Loewe TV's, the marble baths, and a bed that transports are just some of the highlights.
I would make only two suggestions to the management. Firstly, we ordered cappucinos in the lounge on the day of our checkout. I thought that a nearby Starbucks would provide me with substantially better coffee - the foam was non-existent and it tasted like it had been made by a machine, without a barista. Secondly, we found that our room was not equipped with champagne glasses which would have been ideal as we wanted to have a little in-room year-end celebration.
This is not a cheap hotel, by any stretch. But the surrounding, the area, the service, and the opulence are unmatched. Treat yourself - you'll be talking about the experience long after you've paid off your credit card.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful. We stayed on the fourth floor, and that was without noise or any issue.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grant H
Thank you for taking the time to post a glowing review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We enjoyed reading your feedback, and feel we couldn’t have put it better ourselves, you have summarised in a paragraph all that is best about Corinthia London. We are always most delighted to read of the team at Corinthia London going the extra mile to exceed our guest’s expectations, we all enjoy going above and beyond to please all of our clientele. The award-winning ESPA life at Corinthia is a stunning spa, with four floors of marble luxury offering seventeen treatment rooms, a state-of-the-art gym, separate men’s and women’s changing rooms, and a very relaxing Thermal Floor with swimming and vitality pools, an amphitheatre sauna, and steam room. All of our rooms are beautifully appointed and come complete with a range of complimentary amenities as standard, including Nespresso coffee machines, Pratesi bed linen, Frette dressing gowns and slipppers, 1Gb WiFi, separate marble bathrooms with rain showers and baths with built in LCD-TVs, and turndown treats to end the day. The extensive buffet breakfast in The Northall offers a huge range and variety of foods to please every palate from healthy fruit, cereal, and yoghurts to a Full English, and recently we have introduced a selection of Chinese Dim Sum for our Far Eastern guests. Thank you for your suggestions, we have forwarded your feedback to our Food & Beverage Director. We are very pleased you chose to spend a birthday stay with, and look forward to welcoming you for many more.

Wigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

My mum, sister and I come to London every year to carry out some Christmas shopping, and have some girly time! at the end of the weekend we always end it with afternoon tea and like to sample somewhere different. I have to say this is up there with the Savoy. The room, décor, ambience was just beautiful and the nicest, friendliest and most professional staff we have come across in London. It was simply faultless, nothing was too much trouble and as we had some left over they boxed it up for us so I could take it home on the train. It was worth every penny and more and you most definitely should try it. A perfect end to yet another perfect weekend in London.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for posting a charming review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed a perfect weekend in London and we were able to exceed your expectations. We are always most pleased to read great feedback regarding our customer service standards especially as we pride ourselves on our Craftsmanship of Care, and the team at Corinthia London look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits to come.

Bedfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We spent a night at The Corinthia in June, and it was fantastic, but having just arrived home after spending two nights I thought I would update my views.
The hotel is well in the swing for Christmas so although it seemed busier, the time and personal approach was still evident. From the time the doors are opened for you when you arrive to the personal touch of putting your case into a cab for you on your return, the staff are there for you.
We ate out one night and in for the other. We had a fantastic breakfast on one of the two mornings, the other was missed as we went early shopping!! Then we indulged in a cream tea in the Crystal Room lobby, what a beautiful room. The service was brilliant especially a mention for Naratip who ensured that we could be seated even though we had not booked, please book in advance as it is very popular. At 5 - 7pm for the next three weekends, the choir sings carols whilst we were served mince pies, mulled wine and roast chestnuts in the Courtyard.
A truly memorable time was had by us celebrating our Wedding Anniversary. Would we go back, YES. Worth the money, YES. I know it is expensive but you only get what you pay for, go for it. The only downside, we were offered a gift for our Wedding Anniversary, which didnt materialise. On the basis it was offered free by the Management I did not feel I could ask for it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We feel very privileged that you chose to spend your anniversary at Corinthia London, and had the opportunity to enjoy so many of the excellent amenities the hotel has to offer. We are delighted to read you were able to take advantage of the extensive buffet breakfast in The Northall, which has a wide selection of options to suit every palate, and then to take Afternoon Tea under the Baccarat chandelier is a fabulous treat, especially as The Lobby Lounge is looking particularly festive for the holiday season. We very much appreciate your kind comments regarding the team, and for highlighting Naratip’s exemplary customer service. We are very concerned that you did not receive your anniversary gift, this is normally a variation of flowers, cake, chocolates, and or Champagne to greet your arrival. Please may we offer you our congratulations on your anniversary and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit, when we may rectify this oversight.

Mirfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a special occasion, and it turned out to be an amazing experience at the Corinthia, the hotel is amazing the staff are wonderfull it really is the place to stay, we stayed for three nights and could not fault anything about this hotel, the staff make this hotel an amazing 5 star experiance

Room Tip: perhaps a city view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We feel very privileged that you and your wife chose Corinthia London to celebrate your special occasion and we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your kind recommendation and great comments regarding the team, who are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

What a place. Understated, quality, service, food - everything was just right. If I was to choose a hotel for a specail occasion this is it. The food at breakfast was all fresh, and marked with its origin , there was nothing missing. Staff are friendly and on a wet October day just cashually handing me an umrella to keep my wife dry.

Room Tip: book it now!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are very pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and we were able to exceed your expectations. The extensive buffet breakfast in The Northall offers a wide selection of choices to please every palate. Your umbrella story is most charming, we are delighted to read the team went the extra mile, and look forward to welcoming you for many more visits.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many of the top Hotels in a London and must admit, before my stay I had never heard of the Corinthia. Believe me, in time this Hotel will build a reputation and will be the mark for London 5 star Hotels. Everything about the Hotel shouts out class and you can tell there has been no expense spared in delivering an extremely tasteful decor. The other pleasant surprise about this Hotel is it's location. My wife and I have previously stayed at the Marble Arch end of town so to stay at the Corinthia was to be a change for us. Upon arriving in the Taxi we realised we were bang in the middle of London and a short walk away from all the main London attractions such as Downing St, Big Ben, Whitehall, London Eye & Buckingham Palace etc. I for one will definitely be coming back and if you are looking for a bit of 5 star opulence then I would definitely recommend the Corinthia!!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London and for highlighting the key points that makes the hotel so special. The hotel underwent a four year restoration programme and offers the best of the original features with modern design to meet the needs of the twenty-first century traveller. The hotel is also ideally located for both the business and leisure traveller, with many of London’s must-see sights within walking distance, including Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, and the National Gallery, whilst there is an adjacent transport hub for quick and easy access around the city, and over thirty theatres and opera houses within a mile radius. We are very pleased that you will be definitely coming back, as the team at Corinthia London are looking forward to offering you a warm welcome on your return.