“EXCELLENT HOTEL! We are "world travelers" and this hotel is the best hotel we have ever stayed in.”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #18 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Snowmass Village, Colorado
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I took my Family of eleven, ages 20-78 May 18-22, 2014. We had five gorgeous rooms--all very large along with a Jr. Suite. Our rooms were on the 5th floor with #543/546 (balcony) being the largest with a hall, walk in closet, huge double sink bathroom w/separate toilet & bidet, separate shower and tub. The bedroom was very large with a Nespresso maker (we just bought one because of that experience.). The building was a prior Defense building converted into this luxurious hotel three years ago. it is lined with copper making it the most quiet room we have ever been in. The bed linens were like climbing into a silken womb. Even more extraordinary than the hotel's amenities and size was the STAFF!! Whenever we entered the lobby or the restaurant, we were hovered over by this amazing group of people. Our slightest wish was immediately acted upon. Above all, the Concierge were exceptional. Max Endacott, Concierge, helped me plan our trip in London since last December. We must have exchanged at least 200 emails. Max never failed to get back to me. If Max had the day off, others immediately emailed me to answer my questions. Sahil, the first concierge I was in contact with in December actually called me to help me create an itinerary for me to present to my Family as their Christmas present. I have never encountered such a caring Staff in any hotel I/we have stayed in; and, we always stay in 5 Star hotels. The location is perfect. The buffet breakfast is outstanding. We would meet for breakfast and have lots of fun discussing the day's itinerary and really enjoyed the wide variety of food along with the very responsive wait staff. all of my children and grandchildren "loved" the Spa!!! I can never say enough about this glorious hotel. We all want to "live" there. I continue to dream about our experience and cannot wait to go back. Donna/Aspen

Room Tip: Our room, 543 was on the courtyard. Room 546 was on the street side w/balcony. These rooms were sl...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 423DonnaW
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for posting a charming review of your family stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We very much embrace welcoming families, and have developed many special facilities to make their stay more comfortable, from inter-connecting rooms, to welcome gifts and turn-down treats, dedicated pool times, and children's menus (although we note yours were older). All of our rooms are larger than average for central London, and come with a host of complimentary amenities, including free Wi-Fi, dressing gowns, ESPA toiletries, and Nespresso coffee machines as standard. The bed linen is made especially for us by Pratesi from Italy, we enjoyed reading your description, you can easily slip into such luxury. Corinthia London was originally a Grand Hotel built in 1885, that was taken over by the Ministry of Defence, with a speciality of training spies, and UFO spotting, it re-opened as a twenty-first century hotel in 2011, and has been welcoming guests now for three years. We are always most delighted to hear great feedback about the team, Max and Sahil are exceptional members of staff, and your review has been forwarded to the Front of House Management team, We agree with you, the extensive buffet breakfast in The Northall is very delicious, and a great way to start the day, with a selection of dishes to please every palate. We are very pleased you and your family had the opportunity to experience our award-winning ESPA Life at Corinthia spa, after a hard day's sight-seeing there is no where in London more luxurious to relax and wash the cares of the day away. We very much appreciate your kind comments and compliments, especially that you will stay with us when you return, as the team at Corinthia London can't wait to welcome you and your family on your next visit.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Went with my daughter for a relaxing day. The spa is really beautiful and the staff were lovely. The treatments were very good and the whole experience would have been excellent except that I was taken to have my pedicure in a robe and had to sit on a dais beside a fully clothed man who was bellowing into his phone. Apparently there was nowhere else where I could be seated. I go to the spa for peace and quiet so I was on the point of cancelling my pedicure. I had to ask him how long he was going to be on the phone as the therapist said it was up to him. Fortunately he agreed to finish his call up. However I do not feel that it was my responsibility to police other guests and I am surprised that there is not a phone free policy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dragonlady33London
Thank you for posting a review of your experience in ESPA Life at Corinthia. We very much appreciate your kind words, and constructive feedback. Your review has been forwarded to the ESPA Life Management Team, this behaviour is not acceptable, and your feedback will be used for training purposes. Please accept our sincere apologies that you were subject to this on what should have been a relaxing day, this is not our standard policy and procedure. We hope that this will not mar your experience and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you once more, when we may have the opportunity to restore your faith in Corinthia Hotel London.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Corinthia last night. It was a surprise gift and we were absolutely delighted. The level of service is excellent. Everyone who dealt with us was helpful, efficient and very friendly. The hotel itself is beautiful - the attention to detail is really noticeable. We spent as much time in the spa as we could. It is the best I have ever been to. I could go on and on - the food was superb, the flowers were lovely, the room was beautiful. I really can't praise this hotel highly enough. We will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Angella37
Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London, what a generous gift, it certainly sounds like you had a most enjoyable experience. The beautiful hotel was designed by GA Design, who have cleverly incorporated the best of the original features with modern fixtures and fittings to create a hotel fit for the twenty-first century traveller. ESPA Life at Corinthia is London's largest spa, with four floors of marble luxury housing seventeen treatment rooms, his and hers changing rooms, a spa lounge, and the most relaxing Thermal Floor. We very much appreciate that you noticed the attention to detail, the beautifully-appointed rooms, and stunning flower arrangements around the hotel, as well as relishing the superb food. Most of all we are always most pleased to read great feedback about the team, and the excellent service, especially as we pride ourselves on our Craftsmanship of Care. The team at Corinthia London can't wait to welcome you on your return visit.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Let me first ask you the following: Is there such a thing as perfection?

The Corinthia hotel in London is a 5 star hotel, perfectly positioned in the centre of London and is known as one of the very best hotels in the city. Trafalgar Square, the London Eye and Big Ben are all close by (walking distance). You can reach this hotel easily by public transport, taxi or car.

When you reach the Corinthia you will notice the beautiful building. It once was the majestic hotel Métropole, which opened in 1885. Later it became the building of the Ministry of Defense. In 2011 the Corinthia hotel in London opened its doors. Today it still is the flagship hotel of the Corinthia hotel group offering the most luxurious accommodations in London and even in the entire United Kingdom.

As we entered the hotel, the lobby was one of the nicest we had ever seen. We were greeted immediately with a smile, always nice! During check-in we were told that we had been upgraded to one of their Junior Suites. A very friendly lady showed us the room and as soon as she opened the door we were very impressed by how unbelievably luxurious and clean those rooms were. It was like this room had never been used before. The Junior Suites at the Corinthia London have an average size of 47 m². They all have a “super king sized” bed, a dressing room, a most comfortable sitting area and a chaise longue. The Italian marble en-suite bathroom features an oversized bath tub with in-built high definition tub TV, a separate tropical rain shower and ESPA products. I actually took the ESPA shampoo home with me, it smells and feels SO nice! Never had such great toiletries.

After inspecting and getting a feel of our gorgeous room, we went on to explore the hotel. Believe me that around every corner there is a new surprise waiting for you. This hotel is well known for its service and details and I can understand why. Every single staff member I saw during my entire stay greeted me with a smile and most even remembered my name, which left me very impresse! As we went back to the lobby, a staff member showed us around the hotel. We went to the Spa area and to be honest, I couldn’t believe my eyes when I entered this dream world… In 2013 the ESPA Life at the Corinthia was voted best spa in Europe! It also is the largest spa in London with 4 floors of black marble luxury. There are 2 pools: one steel 9 meter swimming pool and one vitality pool, a large amphitheatre-style sauna and steam room, marble heated relaxing chairs, ice fountain and so on. There are relaxing areas all over the place. You should definitely check out the “sleep pods” with the central fire place in the changing rooms: these are very quiet and intimate spaces where you can chill out while enjoying relaxing music, fresh fruit and water. The fitness room is well equipped with high class training facilities. There are personal trainers on duty as well. Oh, and don’t bring your own headphones, they have some right there waiting for you.

The Corinthia London has 2 restaurants: the Northall (British cuisine) and Massimo (Italian cuisine). We had dinner at Massimo. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and truly has this Italian vibe. The food was delicious. I can highly recommend the beef carpaccio, which was the best I’ve ever had! Service again was top-notch, not snobby and they really make you feel at ease. Very nice! The sommelier is a very kind guy with an outstanding knowledge of wines.
The next morning we were able to try out the other restaurant, the Northall. Again, very classy! Breakfast was of a very high quality and offered a good variety of hot and cold items. There were several options: buffet, à la carte or both. We tried both and did not regret it. From the delicious latte macchiato to the freshly made carrot cake… I loved every single bite and sip. By the way, the “Corinthia’s hot chocolate” is to die for! It comes with marshmallows and fresh whipped cream…

The Corinthia in London is not just a hotel, staying here truly is an experience. After having stayed at many hotels, I was really impressed by this one! It offers a perfect mix of elegance, gorgeous rooms, delicious food and the most attentive staff. Perfection does exist and I can easily understand why the Corinthia is rated as one of the very best hotels in London!

Please visit my website for pictures of this beautiful hotel: http://hoteladvisorexpert.com

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Stoffel1982
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. Let me start by saying we thought this was the most perfect review of the hotel we have read, and your kind words and compliments have been shared with the Corinthia London team. We very much appreciate the attention to detail that you have put into your review, which mirrors the attention to detail we apply to the hotel, both in our staff and training, as well as the fixtures and fittings. We also enjoyed reading the synopsis of the history of Corinthia London, and feel very flattered that you have taken the time to research the background to the hotel. Within your review you have highlighted all of the aspects that make Corinthia London so very special, from the welcome greeting, to the larger than average rooms, the ideal location in the heart of London, the stunning award-winning ESPA Life at Corinthia spa, and the international restaurants, not forgetting of course, our delicious hot chocolate, which is fast becoming a current trending topic. What also makes our hotel so special is the guests who stay with us, we feel very privileged that you chose to stay at Corinthia Hotel London, and look forward to welcoming you as a returning guest on many occasions to come.

UK
Reviewed 9 June 2014

There is nothing which is too much trouble. The service is exceptional and consistently so.
The River Suit we had was fantastic - great layout, view of the river.
We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Iain5Lewis
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay in a River Suite, with the most beautifully appointed sitting room and separate king size bedroom both with magnificent views over the River Thames and towards the London Eye. We are however most pleased to receive feedback that the service level was exceptional, especially as we strive to exceed every guest's expectations. We are charmed that you say you will return, and we very much look forward to offering you a warm Corinthia London welcome when you do.

Kind regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, it is absolutely brilliant.

All the staff from beginning to end we're extremely polite and helpful, but not so much it was overwhelming - it was just right. Every single one of them seemed to strive to be as helpful as possible and I never felt as though I was being rushed or stupid - even when I left my key card in the room and had to ask for a new one!

We were taken up to a fantastic room with excellent facilities. The room was very large - we were in an Executive King - and had everything you could possible want in there. And even if it wasn't in the room, you could almost guarantee that you could ask Housekeeping and they would have it for you.

After settling in, we decided we would use the spa facilities. It was very easy to get to, via the dedicated spa lift, and very easy to use. Unfortunately, we did not get chance to sample any of the treatments, but I have no doubt that these would have also been excellent if the pool & vitality pool are anything to go by. Robes, towels and shoes were provided for the spa area which was a lovely touch.
I can also recommend the Daniel Galvin hair salon which provided me with the best haircut I've ever had, for a rather reasonable price considering its fame.

In the evening, we decided to use the Northall bar and Bassoon. Both of which were fantastic, but the cocktails in Bassoon were on another level. I can thoroughly recommend Bassoon for both it's cocktails and it's setting.

We decided to eat in the Italian restaurant and Oyster Bar, Massimo. Based in the hotel, it was five star food at convenience. There are few restaurants in London with better food than here. The beef carpaccio was superb, as was my tagliolini with crab and chilli. The wine choices were great too.
Our waiter was absolutely brilliant, he made us feel very welcome and comfortable and as though nothing was too much trouble.

After our meal, we came back to the room to find water by the bed, the bed turned down, slippers laid out on the floor and mood lightning on which was perfect after a tiring day in London. The pillows were unbelievably comfortable which allowed me to have an excellent nights sleep.

In the morning, we chose to use the extensive breakfast buffet in The Northall bar. Everything you could possible want was there and all of it delicious. The staff were, again, lovely and happy to get you anything you could ask for.

Finally, checking out was very easy, and the concierge were very accommodating with taking our luggage for a few hours.

All in all, I was extremely impressed and would absolutely love to come back again - even if it was just to go to the hair salon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lewis S
Thank you for taking the time to post an extensive review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We very much admire how you managed to experience so many of the excellent facilities the hotel has to offer in one visit. We are delighted you found the hotel to be absolutely brilliant, and were looked after by helpful and polite staff, especially as we pride ourselves on our Craftsmanship of Care policy and training. All of our rooms are larger than average for central London hotels, and come complete with underfloor heated marble bathrooms with separate rain showers as standard. The rooms also come with many complimentary amenities, including the fastest 1Gb broadband connection, a Nespresso coffee machine, Frette dressing gowns, fluffy slippers, and best of all, turndown treats. No evening is complete without a bespoke cocktail in Bassoon, with specially created recipes, they really are something else; followed by dinner in our Italian fine dinining Massimo Restaurant, we are not sure how you had room for the extensive buffet breakfast in The Northall the next morning. We very much appreciate your kind words and compliments and only hope we will have the opportunity to offer you a very warm welcome as a returning guest very soon.

Petersfield
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walk up the steps and enter this fine hotel you get the feeling it's going to be good, and you won't be disappointed.
The staff are highly professional, yet still manage to have personalities, to me that's a very good sign of the high standards of the Corinthia.
The rooms are lovely too, nice little touches all over and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The only food we ate in the hotel was breakfast, that was pretty outstanding also. Although this place is a little bit of a luxury, we will definitely return. Great location to boot .. It deserves it high rating on trip advisor

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank monolocouk
Thank you for posting a kind review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are delighted to read that you experienced a warm greeting from our professional team, and enjoyed your stay in our beautifully appointed room. The beds are specially made for us by Hypnos, and dressed with Pratesi linen with goose down duvets and pillows ensure an excellent night's sleep. Waking up to the buffet breakfast in The Northall with a superb selection of dishes is a great was to start the day. The location of the hotel is ideal for the sightseer situated in the cultural heart of the capital, and many must-see sights within walking distance. We notice you don't live too far away, and hope to offer you a warm Corinthia London welcome on many more occasions to come.