“Best hotel in best location”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #14 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Loved our stay at the fabulous Corinthia. Not only is the hotel gorgeous, with large rooms and huge bathrooms, it is situated centrally close to everything you want to see in London! Each of the bars and restaurants were different and beautiful. We easily walked to the Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden Market and theater district, Parliament, Westminster, and Buckingham Palace.

Room Tip: Ask for higher room city view unless you want a balcony - those are only on the courtyard view side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. The beautiful hotel was designed by GA Design, who have cleverly incorporated the best of the original features with modern fixtures and fittings to meet the needs of the twenty-first century traveller. All of our rooms are larger than average for central London hotels, and come with huge marble underfloor heated bathrooms with separate rain showers as standard. The hotel is ideally located for the leisure traveller, with the best of London's must-see sights within walking distance, an adjacent transport hub, and over thirty West End theatres and opera houses within a mile radius. We very much appreciate your kind compliments and look forward to welcoming you back at the earliest opportunity.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,608)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

With the price they charged, is way-overvalued, over-rated..
I stay in Deluxe for 4 consecutive nights just the past week, the only 2 good I could highlight is room make-up staff and the F&B restaurant's staff.

But their concierge, don't expect you can call them once you are outside the hotel, 2 occasions when I was outside trying to call concierge to amend restaurant reservation time. No one @ concierge picked my call. One time I tried calling 4 times no one picked, and hotel operator tried to connect twice also not successful. I am a traveler from Asia and wasted my roaming charges on my phone. Another case was when I was in room, asked them to make a reservation of a restaurant, they said will call back, but half hour after I called them back, the concierge said no one had my instruction, I was astonished what kind of service is this when you are being charged with a Palace service rating price per night at Corinthia but they provide you service worst than what you could think of. What's wrong????? Before I went London, I was at Paris, staying with Le Royal Monceau, their consierge service is like heaven (true Palace rating), while Corinthia.... vice versa. Because of this, I dare not to ask any shops I visited in London to send merchandises to Corinthia, I am not even sure if anyone will take care of my stuff.

Restaurant, nicely decorated with most part of the hotel, staff as mentioned great, but the breakfast buffet disappointing because is not providing a full English breakfast.... even you have nice waffles / berries doesn't help at all.... big buffet table but makes me felt use "less"...

Security, perhaps the hotel has high hope on its hidden camera or no ones dare to commit any bad things in the building, but no staff or anyone attending at the other side of the door facing Charing Cross Station. One night when myself and my wife came back taking elevator at the R level which is the lowest level on the concierge floor. 2 suspicious men were in the elevator claiming the elevator was going down, they don't look like hotel guests to me due to their unfamiliarity to the elevator. I felt a bit unsafe given the complex is so big. Fortunate my room is near the elevators, but if you live farther away the corridor and if you know non-hotel guests could walk around the premises this feeling is not good.

In all, even the hotel sales tell me how much the owner of the group spent hundred millions pounds on renovating this. With such service, I doubt how far can this business model maintains. perhaps over-pricing us the customers helped them to survive another day. I am not sure if they provide corporate rate for its corporate customers, but personal stay, I say "Beware" & "Stay Away"!

Room Tip: if you really have no choice but stay at this hotel, ask for room near the elevators
7  Thank Vince W
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We always welcome constructive feedback as an opportunity to improve our service standards and facilities. I am very concerned by your review and the points you raise, especially as this does not meet our usual Craftsmanship of Care training and practice. Please may I ask that you contact me directly, so that I may answer you personally and restore your faith in Corinthia Hotel London.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is the first review I have ever written a review for Trip advisor, and I am doing it because I had the absolute best stay at the Corinthia hotel London. Complete perfection from check in, room, SPA, room service, breakfast, location, staff, to check out! If you want a luxurious stress free stay, in the perfect location to see everything in London and indulge in one of the best spas, and eat some of the best food, book your self a room at the Corinthia! You will be a happy person, and leave counting the days till your return! Thank you Corinthia for making my anniversary trip pure PERFECTION!

Room Tip: Executive King room was excellent!
2  Thank Michelleziggy

Thank you for posting a great review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. Congratulations on writing your first review for Tripadvisor and even bigger congratulations on your anniversary, we feel very privileged that you chose to spend it with us. We enjoyed reading the list of all the aspects of the hotel where we exceeded your expectations from checking-in, to using our award-winning ESPA Life at Corinthia spa, to the beautifully appointed rooms, and exceptional service. The extensive buffet breakfast in The Northall sets you up for a day's sightseeing, especially when many of London's must-see sights are within walking distance. We are always most pleased to read great feedback about the team, who are very much looking forward to welcoming you back for many special occasions to come.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I have stayed in 5 Star hotels all over the world and this it at the top of our list. It is always easier to complain then say something nice. At this hotel I have not one complaint. Location is great, especially if you like the theater, beds and bathroom are wonderful, great restaurants, wonderful staff, including Justin at the concierge desk who found great theater tickets with very little notice. In all fairness it didn't hurt that we were in a suite which made our stay even better. This hotel is not for the budget conscious (as is the case with many London hotels) but if you can afford to stay here, do.

Room Tip: Any suite in this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We agree with you, the location is ideal for the leisure traveller, with a central transport hub on the doorstep, many of London's iconic sights within walking distance, and over thirty West End theatres and opera houses within a mile radius. How lovely to be staying in one of our beautifully-appointed suites, with separate sitting-rooms, and huge marble bathrooms, they really are a special treat. Your compliments have been forwarded to the Concierge team, who will be delighted to read the great feedback. We only hope to be your hotel of choice on your next visit to London, as the team are looking forward to welcoming you back as a regular guest.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was in celebration for my mother's birthday and gathering with my Auntie.
The Venue is lovely and cosy, overall we did enjoy the experience as it was a nice gathering for Mum and Auntie.

The disappointment which we did not expect to experience within a 5 star hotel for a 5 star afternoon tea is that we felt short changed and overcharged for what we received. We ordered the 3 Wimbledon Afternoon Tea sets at the cost of £45pp and when it was served it was not 3 Full sets and for most of the cakes it was either one or 2 of each kind (we looked at each other and said, should we be sharing some of these cakes as we did not get one each). I questioned the waitress that there seem to be some cakes missing should we not get one of each cake per person? Was not sure if she understood what I mean and then she went away and came back with a few more cakes but still not complete the 3 sets. We felt uncomfortable to ask her again to complete the set because she already brought over 3 more cakes, and it would look like we were being greedy for asking more cakes when we had not even started. The principle of things is that we ordered 3 sets therefore 3 FULL sets should be served and we should not feel that we are sharing 2 afternoon tea sets between 3 persons and paying for 3!

Although we can request for more cakes but it should only be if we want extra not because cakes were missing from our set. Therefore, we did not feel satisfied that we did not receive the full set for the full price we paid. Consequently have been overcharged.

Would advise that if you do go for the afternoon tea and if there is more than one of you, check that you have received the full sets each and should not be the case that you have to share the cakes!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank 288Winnie

Thank you for posting a review of your Wimbledon Afternoon Tea in The Lobby Lounge. We very much appreciate your feedback and your review has been forwarded to the Food & Beverage Management team for training purposes. Please may we clarify that you were indeed served a full Wimbledon Afternoon Tea, which consists of a pot of tea, a selection of finger sandwiches, plain and fruit scones, and a selection of eight pastries for two people, or in this case a selection of twelve pastries for three persons. A full tea would not normally have eight individual fancies for each person, however guests may request replenishments and ask for more sandwiches, scones, fancies, and tea throughout the service. We are very disappointed that in this instance we failed to exceed your expectations, and apologise for any confusion over the offer. Please may we assure you of our best attention at all times.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stopped at the Corinthia over a weekend found it extremely pleasant. Although we were on a hectic schedule we managed to meet many of the staff and, as I suppose you would expect, they were politefulness and hospitality personified. Great 'indoors/outdoors in the middle of the hotel with the fires burning where could have a cigarette - very civilised and, as it was February, very much appreciated. Superb breakfast in bed and great place to stop.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank David L

Thank you for posting a kind review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and that the staff exceeded your expectations, as we pride ourselves on our attention to detail and customer care. The Courtyard is an exceptional space in all weathers, lovely in the Winter when the heaters and fires are on, and refreshing in the Summer, when one can dine alfresco. The extensive buffet breakfast in The Northall has a superb choice of dishes to please every palate, from healthy options, to a full English, and now a dim sum basket too. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have used a number of hotels in London and did not seem to have the found the right one for us. The Corinthia solved this issue for us, the overall architectural style, great staff, good location and brilliant accommodation set it apart. In all details it has outshone all previous stays; the breakfast room and food was excellent and the bar area very relaxing for both evening drinks and a short business meeting. Staff all levels were very polite and helpful. We would might chose a room facing Whitehall or the internal garden next time; but I think we have found our London destination hotel

Room Tip: Seek rooms facing towards the river or the internal courtyard
1  Thank Rodney H
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review of your anniversary stay at Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel was designed by GA Designs, who have cleverly incorporated the original features with modern fixtures and fittings to create a hotel fit for the twenty-first century traveller. The location is ideal for both the business and leisure traveller, with an adjacent transport hub for quick and easy access around the city, within walking distance of many of London's must-see sights, and over thirty West End theatres and opera houses within a mile radius. There is no better start to a day's sight-seeing than the buffet breakfast in The Northall, with a wide selection of dishes to please every palate. We are always most pleased to read great feedback about the team at Corinthia, who love going the extra mile to please all our guests. We are delighted to be your hotel of choice in London, and look forward to welcoming back on your next visit. May we once again wish you a very Happy Anniversary.