“A place I wouldn't mind spending eternity...”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #15 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Atlanta, Georgia
“A place I wouldn't mind spending eternity...”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

If you stay here I promise you'll be ruined forever. Everything is so nice, so lovely, so comfortable, so absolutely everything you want that regular nice places seem almost depressing.
If I had my way I'd stay here every time I visited London, but it is expensive. Not the rooms, mind you, it's the breakfast and the afternoon tea and that one more cocktail by the outdoor fireplace with your lover that you just can't say no to..... that's how they getcha.
Completely worth it if you're taking a luxury trip for romance. I'm so bummed we're staying somewhere else for our next visit. Please enjoy it for me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. This may be one of the most enjoyable reviews we have ever read, as it captures the spirit of the hotel. You are quite right, it is all the lovely extras that get you, from the stunning flower arrangements in The Lobby Lounge which sway as you take Afternoon Tea under the iconic one thousand and one Baccarat crystal chandelier to the bespoke cocktails in Bassoon jazz-age bar with live music every night, to the award-winning ESPA Life at Corinthia spa and gym. We are devastated you will not be staying with us on your next visit to London, please do drop by and say hello; and make sure on the one after that we will be offering you a very warm Corinthia London welcome.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 August 2014

For business travel I have often stayed at the Cronithia Hotel in London, at Whitehall. The location is great - it is pretty quiet and allows for a morning run to Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park but is an easy tube ride from the finanical district and a healthy walk to many trendy restaurants. The rooms are somewhat typical big-city small-ish, but are beautifully appointed. There are generally tables and not desks, so working in the room is not easy, but I use our local office. I once had a room for handicapped travellers which was not very comfortable and I mentioend it at check-out and was upgraded the next time I came, so they were responsive and helful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel is ideal for the business traveller with many amenities to make their stay more comfortable, from a dedicated Business Centre, a pre-bookable flexible check-in policy, a twenty-four hour gym, which helps beat jet lag, complimentary 1Gb Wi-Fi throughout, and larger than average rooms with big marble under-floor heated bathrooms. The location of the hotel is also great for the business traveller, situated in the heart of London, with an adjacent transport hub for quick and easy access across the city, and not to mention all the Royal Parks for those early morning runs. We very much appreciate your thoughtful feedback and compliments and look forward to welcoming you for many more visits to come.

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were fortunate enough to have 4 days here during a wedding celebration, which we will not soon forget. The lobby is breathtaking, and the decor is chic, witty and sophisticated. Our rooms were not ready upon our arrival so we were offered complimentary breakfast at the Whitehall Restaurant in the lobby. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer, and brought our keys to our table and then escorted us to our rooms. The bathrooms are large and well-appointed. The rooms are slightly smaller, compared to American standards, but the decor is absolutely brilliant, down to the books, which are different in each room. The built-in closets show the attention to detail. My only (mild) complaint was that there are no electrical sockets in the bathroom, but there is an ample supply in the room itself. Housekeeping and, in fact, every service in the hotel is exceptional.
The gym was a beautiful and welcome surprise as was the spa. The art work is spectacular. We attended a brunch with the wedding party the final day, where the presentation of the food was among the best we've ever seen. Even if you don't stay here, marvel at the flowers and decor in lobby and come for an exceptional brunch.

Room Tip: We had a view of the courtyard, which was beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a lovely review of your four day stay at Corinthia Hotel London. It certainly sounds like you and your party enjoyed a wonderful wedding and many of the excellent facilities the hotel has to offer. All of our rooms are larger than average for central London hotels, many with walk-in closets, and all of them come with a host of complimentary amenities to make your stay more comfortable, from the fastest 1Gb Wi-Fi, to a Nespresso coffee machine, Frette dressing-gowns, ESPA toiletries, and turndown treats. Thank you for highlighting that we do not have electrical sockets in the bathroom, we cannot install these by UK law, however all of our bedrooms have a number of international sockets. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to dine in The Northall restaurant, and use our award-winning ESPA Life at Corinthia spa and gym. We very much appreciate your kind comments and compliments and hope on your next visit to London we will welcome you as a returning guest.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

A real mixture of old world charm combined with London chic. The rooms are fantastically well appointed, including a TV that can be watched while bathing. A coffee machine in the room was a great feature. On returning from a morning jog in the parks or along the banks of the Thames the staff welcomed me back with a dry towel and a cold bottle of mineral water. Great service, awesome rooms but at a price!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting a great review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We very much enjoyed reading of the small touches that makes Corinthia London so special and sets it apart from the competition. We also enjoyed your words that sums up the hotel, old world charm with London chic; the hotel was designed by GA Design, who have cleverly combined the best of the original detail with modern design to create a hotel fit for the twenty-first century traveller. All of our rooms are larger than average for central London hotels, and come complete with huge marble bathrooms and baths with built in LCD-TVs as standard, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi, a Nespresso coffee machine, and turndown treats. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, and hope we will have the opportunity of offering you a warm welcome on your next visit to London.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We only nipped in here for mid-morning refuelling and it was utterly charming. Beautiful setting and ultra-stylish décor, the staff were exceptionally professional yet approachable and the food and drinks were scrumptious and generous. Truly five star. There is also an outdoor/enclosed courtyard with sofas and fires which looked cosy. Would love to stay here now!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for posting a great review of your experience in Corinthia Hotel London. We are very pleased that you found us as part of your meandering, isn't London full of fabulous surprises? Thank you for your kind comments and compliments, we very much appreciate you taking the time to post your review and recommendations, now we can't wait to welcome you as a resident guest.

Toronto
Reviewed 21 August 2014

WOW!

Normally I am a man of many words but this one word will suffice. The rooms,service,brunch and Massimo's all without fault. Room was ready early. Bed was supper comfortable and compared to many hotels in London the room was HUGE! I was in the UK for a Tank Regiment Parade and I forgot that right out the door in Whitehall was the statue in honour of those who have served their country in peace and war from The RTR!

I normally stay at either Duke's or The Connaught but will try to make this hotel my landing pad of choice

Do yourself a favour.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Rooms offer a more spacious layout.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for posting a faultless review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We enjoyed reading your feedback, and yes all of our rooms are larger than average for central London hotels, and come complete with huge marble under-floor heated bathrooms with separate rainshowers and huge baths as standard. We are delighted to be your hotel of choice when visiting London, and look forward to offering you a warm Corinthia London welcome on your next stay.

Oakland, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Thats how I felt upon entering this fine hotel...

I had heard about this hotel from someone who works in the film entertainment industry and has stayed at the best of the best hotels. He said it was a great hotel so I decided to check it out.

I loved this hotel. From the moment you arrive they greet you with top quality service. The hotel is very close to everything but on a side of the street that was quite in terms of street noise. My room was not ready when I checked in at 12 so they had me wait and served some tea and snacks. It was quickly made up and I was sent up with my bags waiting in the room and fresh fruit. The lobby is a beautiful place to sit and relax. The rooms are very well appointed and are designed with good taste. All the amenities and bathroom was first class. Ill be honest and say that I didn’t want to leave but when it was time to go the service was impeccable. I had to get to the tube so I was personally escorted across to the station and shown how to operate the ticket machine. It was a quick visit but I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I wish i had another day to visit the gym and spa which looked amazing. I hope to stay there again soon!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We were charmed by your recommendation and description, especially that the team went above and beyond and accompanied you to the Embankment Tube Station, just across the road from the hotel. We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations with our exemplary service standards and our beautifully-appointed rooms, especially as the team pride themselves on our Craftsmanship of Care policy and training. We cannot wait to offer you a warm Corinthia London welcome on your next visit to London, when you can have the opportunity to experience our award-winning ESPA Life at Corinthia spa and twenty-four hour access state-of-the-art gym, as well as many of the other excellent facilities the hotel has to offer.