“Excellent pizza & very reasonable price”
Review of Soho Joe - CLOSED

Soho Joe
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Soho Joe is the product of a husband and wife team who both have more than twenty years experience in the catering industry. Open from early morning until late at night, Soho joe is an exciting new venture situated in the buzzing heart of Soho, serving a range of food and drinks at extremely affordable prices. All food is prepared daily on site so whether it be for a coffee made by one of their professionally trained barristas or a pizza made by one of their award winning pizzaiolos.
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Great tasting sourdough pizza - made with good quality ingredients... Good portion sizes also.

Prices are very reasonable for central London.

A casual and relaxed setting... The candles on the tables make it cosy and warm.... Some of the tables are however very close together and difficult to access.... Many of the table were booked on a Tuesday evening - so best to reserve.

For those planning a first time visit, they operate a counter service - which means you order food/drinks at the counter and pay first.

Definitely recommended!

2  Thank Zafar80
There are newer reviews for Soho Joe

Reviewed 31 March 2012

There's no denying they do some of the best pizzas around and at very reasonable prices too. Inside it's very cosy and love the candlelit atmosphere. For me, this could be the ultimate cheap and cheerful experience, but the sergeant major orders that are barked at you down the phone to a make sure you are on time and being told you cant sit down until the whole party has arrived (one person was a minute late) when there isn't a waiting area marred it for me. Good but could be great.

1  Thank Mjhkme
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I visited Soho Joe with a colleague class of 31 students on a Friday at 6pm. I stopped by and reserved tables about two days in advance.

The service was excellent, the students had a pizza and a soft drink and ended up paying about £10 each (2012 prices!), which was perfect when you're travelling on a budget.

For foreigners like us the place is absolutely excellent with its location in Soho. The quality of the food was excellent, the staff was friendly and there was a fine atmosphere.

If I am to travel to London again (which I hope) I would certainly go there again with both my family and with students.

3  Thank AndersDK1
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Let me first address Lmm2012 – 136 reviews totally outweigh your pathetic attempt to pour scorn on a couple who run one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. Your review does not mention anything about food, drink and value for money. It also fails to mention the queue of people outside waiting to be seated owing to the selfishness of your party. I am personally delighted that you will not be returning to ruin the ambience of my favourite restaurant.
Now to my personal review which incorporates the many visits that I have now made to Soho Joe, the guests I have taken thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and there is no part of the menu that can be faulted. The cost is exceptional and to single out one particular dish I recommend the lasagne hence my title SIMPLY THE BEST.
So fellow true Trip Advisors please do not be put off by the one off cynic below. My biasness is obvious and finding somewhere to go in the morning and kick start my day with a latte and complimentary croissant is priceless, as is the perfect way to wind down the week a meal and a glass of red.

4  Thank NJ&SET
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Booked a table for 23 one day in advance with no problems (school trip). The staff were very friendly and accommodating and arranged two large tables for all the students and teachers.

The 23 different orders arrived all at the same time piping hot and by all accounts were delicious (my own pizza disappeared in a flash). The sourbread bases are firm and flavoursome and toppings were generous.

Once the meal was over the staff gave all the students a free chocolate bar and the staff a shot on the house. At no point did we feel rushed and the staff never stopped smiling.

Couldn't have been better!

3  Thank MrZakalwe