“Good Food, Service mediocre”

The SSE Arena Wembley Restaurant
Ranked #15,610 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Earls Court
Sandhurst
“Good Food, Service mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

I tried to book this restaurant before we left home on 5th Feb, so I phoned the booking line and the auto reply said that the restaurant was fully booked for that day. So I sent an email (I avoided this at the beginning as I needed a quick response) and within 10 mins I had a "live" person reply that said no problem and accepted our booking. I wonder how many other people just accepted the auto reply non-availability message. So we were very pleased that we had got a table at the 11th hour. Our table was for 5.45pm and we arrived at the Arena at 5.10pm (never been before and there was no large sign saying that this was the Arena and had to ask a security guard). However, we found at that the doors do not open until 5.30pm so there was a group of us standing in the cold, windy rain staring at the lovely warm empty foyer with the guards on the inside looking very comfortable. When the doors opened we went to the a la Carte restaurant only to find it full of people having dinner. So I guess there must have been a secret entrance somewhere although I couldn't see this mentioned on the website!!!!! We sat down at our table and waited ages to have our order taken. In the meantime the people on the next table apparently had a 5pm reservation, so somehow they found the secret door. Our starter arrived and the food was excellent. But the moment we finished (seconds) our main course arrived, so a "bird in the hand etc", we accepted the main course and helped the waitress juggle trying to collect the empty starter plates as well as place down the main course. Halfway through the main course I noticed that the people next to us (the 5pm booking folk) hadn't any food. They had timed the wait and it was 1 hour apparently for their main course to be delivered. By then we had finished ours (feeling guilty!!). The main course was excellent so we decided to have desert which was also very good. So, food very good, but service staff need a lot of training. Also, don't always believe auto voice messages - people forget to update them, and finally a better welcome than standing out in the cold for 20 mins.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Keith Wallace G

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Very nice pre-show meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

We arrived at the Arena a good 30 mins before our booking - thinking we'd be shown to the bar area, we were in fact taken straight to our table.
The menu was good - lots of variation and they were able to cater for my dietary requirements - I'm Coeliac.
Food and drinks arrived promptly and there was a nice buzzing atmosphere in the restaurant. You didn't feel rushed at all.
My only criticism was it was very cold in the restaurant. Originally I thought it was just me, but having overheard ladies in the queue for the toilets (isn't there always a queue!) it was the general opinion.
I would definitely go back to the Arena Restaurant, beats standing up eating a hot dog or nachos any day.
2 Courses £24
3 Courses £28.
**Booking essential**

• Visited February 2013
Enfield, United Kingdom
“Good pre-show meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

We booked to have a meal in the restaurant, as opposed to the bar prior to seeing an event at the arena. On arrival we were shown promptly to our table, menu's offered and drinks order taken. There seemed to be numerous young people serving who were all very pleasant and keen to please. The menu although limited had interesting dishes on offer. We opted to go for 2 courses rather than 3. After our food order was taken we sat back and enjoyed our drinks. We were in no rush, however the two tables either side (who were seated after us) ordered their food and had eaten their starters and there was still no sign of ours! On checking with the guy who had taken our order we were told that things had backed up a bit in the kitchen.
Eventually the food arrived, duck pate for hubbie, smoked salmon and with a mackerel pate for me. Both were delicious although I would have liked some bread to go with the dish.
We polished these off in short order and plates cleared. After a while a waiter asked if we were ready for our main course which we said we were, there then followed another wait! The mains; pork with calvados sauce and crushed potatoes for me and sea bass for hubbie were hot and very tasty. However the amount of veg especially for hubbie was a little small.
Overall a good meal which would have got a higher score if the waiting had been a little less, bread had accompanied my starter & they had been a little more generous with the veggies.

• Visited December 2012
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good value for money and lightening quick service!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

I went as a group of 6 to see Kelly clarkson in concert here at the weekend and we were hoping to find a restaurant nearby as none of us were familiar with the area.

In the end we went to the restaurant inside and it was pretty good! Wine was v.expensive at £17.50 a bottle and it wasn't all that but the food was very reasonable ranging from £8.50 - £10 for a main meal and as my sister had just sat down from ordering the food arrived! It does feel a bit like everything is just ready made and probably kept warm but we all really enjoyed the food and it was clean plates all round!

1 Thank NicolaH321
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Excellent service but food can be average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Visited here before going to a gig in the Arena. Plenty of room, even though it was a sold-out gig. You grab a table and order at the counter. By the time I'd got back to the table from picking my drinks up at the bar, it was a matter of seconds before the food arrived.

It was reasonable quality food and can be served so quick because of the standard menu but does feel a bit too 'prepared' if that makes sense. The burger was great but the bap was a bit stale as if it had been sat on the side for a while.

Able to sit and have a relaxed meal before the support band started.

• Visited October 2012