“Brilliant boutique hotel”

45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #390 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Recently spent 4 nights at this hotel.
The best thing about it was its staff and amazing location (Early morning walks through Hyde park!-which is across the road).
Its the little boutique hotel part of the Dorchester but could not be more different!
Very intimate, friendly and efficient staff lead by a superb general manager Christoph whose constant smiling presence no doubt set the tone for all the staff. Was invited for a cocktail party by him to celebrate the launch of a book by celebrity photographer- nice touch.
Excellent restaurant "Cuts" for breakfast and superb Martinis at the very cozy bar.
Small down side- it advertises that all rooms have views of Hyde Park-but ours (4557) really could be described as only having glimpses if Hyde Park and at around 800 pounds a night we thought it should have been a bit more than that!

Room Tip: Make sure you specify full views of Hyde Park!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Many thanks for taking the time out to leave such a kind review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. It was my pleasure to meet you personally during your visit and share our various travel stories around the world. It is also wonderful to read that you were able to enjoy martinis in Bar 45 and how much you appreciated dining CUT at 45 Park Lane. I will share your kind review with the team and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Kind regards, Christophe Hilty, Hotel Manager, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection

There are newer reviews for 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was first time in this property and I would like to praise that luxury city hotels in small size do have an advantage. The staff is very helpful polite and with knowledge to address the guests.
The rooms are very nice equipped with the latest technology. I found an excellent touch the addition of a complimentary different tray in the room.
The Cut restaurant is very famous for its meat selection.
The hotel is a bid pricey but compare with the other high end London hotels it is worth it.
Overall I must say that Dorcester collection hotels is always a guarantee.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed staying at 45 Park Lane, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your room and how highly you valued the service. I will share your kind comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you here again soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed at 45 Park Lane for one night. We had an early dinner reservation at a nearby restaurant and my wife arrived at the hotel 2.30pm and was slightly disappointed that our room was not ready. She appreciated that she was early and was happy to wait around. Knowing how hotels operate you are sometimes lucky and get your room early and on other times it might be slightly later than the usual 3.00pm check in time. What she was not expecting was to be told that it would be “a few hours” and when my wife said later than 4.30pm would be a problem, the reply was “we will do our best, it will be about then”. Having had the check in experience relayed to me (I was in another part of London) I called the hotel to complain, and explain that it was not acceptable, particularly as it was a short stay and we had an early dinner reservation. My initial interaction was not very good and I was given the same information, so I asked to speak to the General Manager. At that point all changed… Christophe Hilty came on the phone, understood the problem, and immediately rectified the situation, when I arrived by taxi he met me in reception, apologised but also explained the hotels issue with a previous guest, and from that point on the stay was without fault. He turned around a bad situation completely to the extent I am now writing about how well the hotel coped with an issue as opposed to the issue itself. (Of course it would have been better if I did not have to make the call, but nevertheless..)

As someone who regularly stays in London Hotels I have to say the Hotel is outstanding. The quality of the furnishings in the rooms are exceptional, the staff very efficient, polite and friendly and the bar is one of the best in London. Add to this a fantastic location and you have a great hotel. The next time we are having a long weekend in London we will stay here.

Room Tip: The higher the better, Park Lane is noisy
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

It was my pleasure to be able to rectify the issue regarding your room check in time and to ensure that both you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted that you also appreciated your room including the furnishings and the location of the hotel. Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experience and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to 45 Park Lane soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I had a fantastic stay. As good as any I've had at a 5 star hotel. Recently recommended this place to some relatives after they were displeased with the Bulgari Knightsbridge and so thought I'd finally do a quick review.

I stayed here for two nights to break up an otherwise 10 day stay at the Mandarin Oriental, London. I basically chose it for the design and it's newness on the London scene.

Two things that have stuck out in my mind is how perfectly boutique and exclusive it always felt. I think it's almost in it's own league in London with maybe the Halkin semi comparable.

Secondly the design I was expecting to wow me but the service was just exceptional. Amongst the best I've had in London. They didn't make an unnatural amount of fuss about things, it was always discreet but very attentive and professional. Fantastic. Just as I want it.

It felt very modern both in terms of the type of clientele staying and in terms of the technology and fit out, but it was also extremely sophisticated and individual in it's design and technology choices.

I loved the size and lay out of my room (which was one of the "cheapest"). It was spacious for any city, let alone London where even a 5 star room can be a shoe box. But as others are pointing out there is a high level of contemporaneity to all the details such as bang and olufsen, underfloor heating, exquisite joinery, lighting design, window casings etc. I would say all this is done over and above the average London luxury standard. Certainly for modern hotels. If you are drawn in by the pictures and interior decor then you will love it in person as all the detailing is there.

And I have to say despite other hotels having similar "style" I still find that this particular version of art deco luxe combined with the park views very refreshing for London. All the modern greatness without the character loss you can get when you leave the grand dame hotels of London.

My only concern booking was the park lane address (traffic and such) but there was nothing to complain of in reality. I still don't like walking up park lane but you can just cut in and go up the back streets to mount st and knightsbridge...or take a car. Though it's a lovely part to walk around away from the main roads, shopping and/or park access isn't really class leading for London.

I recommend highly. One of the most sophisticated and decadent hotels I've stayed in the world over.

Room Tip: Go for the park facing rooms. Worth it and key to this hotel's selling point.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind and detailed feedback on your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how highly you value the décor of the hotel and your room, and how exceptional you found the service. It is also my pleasure to read that you have been recommending 45 Park Lane to your relatives and I will be sure to share your kind review with the team here. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you all back here in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous boutique hotel. Excellent service and we felt welcome and at home immediately with the wonderful
Graham on reception. The room was huge, spotless and all the little extras made it truly special. I'd very much recommend this hotel. Brilliant

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ycknows
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express such kind words about your stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and the service exceeded expectations. I will pass your feedback to the team who looked after you, especially Graham, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

“45 Park Lane takes the classic service ethic of the English five-star hotel and imbues it with the excitement of the trendy and the cutting edge to generate a '21st Century' Mayfair experience that leaves you feeling 'very VIP' in one of the world’s top five cities. Outfitted with all the current technological accoutrements, the highest quality in-room products and furnishings, including a beautiful marble shower and bathroom, and access to a private valet, available on a 24 x 7 basis, it was hard for me to even leave the room.
When I did leave the room, however, the experience only got better. The hotel houses Wolfgang Puck’s CUT steakhouse, where there is a very good chance you’ll catch a glimpse of a celebrity drinking a 1990 Bordeaux over a premium Kobe ribeye imported from Japan. One level up on the first floor, you run into a chic, very clubby, well-appointed lounge and bar, as well as a private dining room with a wall-sized high definition television. Perfect for an important Mayfair business meeting or special occasion. Finally, service will not disappoint at 45 Park Lane. From check-in to departure I experienced anticipatory, discreet service in the English tradition, all the staff demonstrating a friendly, warm demeanor and willing to help with everything from an electrical adaptor at 2 AM to restaurant recommendations which were absolutely spot on for what I was looking for."

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Christophe_Hilty, General Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. It is a pleasure to read how highly you recommend all aspects of the hotel including the in room technology, the service and the dining experience in CUT at 45 Park Lane. I will be delighted to share your kind comments with the team and I very much look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kind regards, Roland Fasel, General Manager & Regional Director – UK, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have just returned from a stay at 45 with our two young children ages 3.5 and 9 months. We stayed in a suite No. 4565. Cleanliness, presentation and staff were exceptional, the suite had fantastic views over Hyde Park. Temperature control was excellent throughout all parts of the suite.
The staff as always were polite, courteous and extremely well presented. We were nervous at bringing the children to the hotel but they catered for their every need and we needn't have worried, they made made them feel just at home. 45 offers the perfect balance of 5 star quality but without the stuffiness that you seem to find in so many other 5 star hotels in London. Cut is also excellent, and having eaten there three times it never fails to impress.
We will be back!

Room Tip: Suites are well worth paying a little extra!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how welcomed you and your family felt during your visit and how much you appreciated the presentation and service from our team. I will share your feedback on your visit and dining experience in CUT at 45 Park Lane with the team here and I hope to welcome you and your family here again in the not too distant future.