“Best Hotel London has to offer”

45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #387 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Dorchester for the sophisticated young traveler. Great stay, incredible brunch at the in house steak house CUT. Rhianna always stays at the pent house overviewing all Hyde Park. No where else to go.

Room Tip: pent house
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear timo r,
I am delighted to read your review of 45 Park Lane and that you consider it your favourite choice when staying in London. I am also very happy to read that you experienced the fabulous brunch at CUT. I look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards, Christophe Hilty, Hotel Manager, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection.

There are newer reviews for 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel started off to a rocky start as we checked In the same time Rihanna did. So we were left in the dark. They made up for it by upgrading us to an enormous suite and going above and beyond. We ended up staying a few more nights we loved it so much. I cannot wait to go back and stay there again! It made me fall in love with London all over again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to leave feedback on your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel so much that you stayed some extra nights and that you fell in love with London during your visit. I will share your feedback with the team and look forward to welcoming you here on your next stay.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

love love loveeeeeeeeeee

I wish i can give this hotel more then Excellent. I want to go back to London just to stay in this hotel just perfect.

I didn't complain from anything from the first day i came till i left and i usually complain allot.

Am a super clean person and a germ freak and to be totally honest i felt i was comfortable like home the rooms are SUPER CLEAN.

The Bed is Just heaven

RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoy staying with us and how highly you valued the décor and the beds. It is an honour that you consider 45 Park Lane as a perfect hotel and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you personally on your next stay.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Have just had the pleasure of staying at 45 Park Lane,It is with out a doubt by far the best hotel i have stayed in on my travels...from the moment we arrived nothing was too much trouble to the wonderful staff who work at this hotel,sometimes a 5 star establishment can be very cold&aloof,not 45 park lane, you are made to feel like you are the only guests the moment you walk through the door...the superior room we had was amazing,with all the latest gadgets installed,the bathroom with a wet room attached was superb..we also used the bar in the hotel which had a brilliant atmosphere on the Saturday night we stayed&also crossed the road to have a couple of drinks at the Dorchester hotel...on the Sunday morning before leaving we had a marvellous breakfast in the hotel,as i walked into the restaurant i was asked would i like a Sunday newspaper(The Times)i said i would really like the Mail on Sunday,no problem said the young lady we will send somebody to the Dorchester to get you one sir,within 5 minutes of sitting at my table the paper was brought to me...All who work at 45 Park Lane should be very proud of the service they provide...Thank you for a perfect stay....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your stay at 45 Park Lane. It is my pleasure to read just how highly you valued the whole experience from dining in CUT at 45 Park Lane, drinks in Bar 45 and service from the team. I will be delighted to share your feedback with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you back to 45 Park Lane again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is good, but I couldn't find anything special about it at all. It lacked charm, the personal touch and any feature that would make me remember it. Yes it is shiny and new, high tech things in the rooms, tastefully decorated, but for the price it should be. I found the whole place quite 'masculine' in its decor, especially the rooms and downstair bar. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it just didn't feel welcoming to me. I had a room over Park Lane, with a 'balcony' that if you stood on tiptoes or bent right down you could see the park. Quite small in size and could have done without having a desk squashed into the corner.
I dined in the restaurant CUT and that was an even bigger mystery to me after hearing people rave about it. Odd service, we got asked to move tables after they'd already brought us bread and water, the sommelier took forever to come and then disappeared, we had two or three different waiters through the course of dinner, the v expensive wagyu beef was nice, but definitely not the best steak in London. It is only memorable to me because I was expecting something amazing and didn't get it.
The staff were ok, but not in a stand out way, more I didn't really notice them and they didn't enhance the stay rather than do anything wrong.
I don't want to sound overly negative because there is nothing really bad with this hotel, but for the money it was underwhelming and there are many other places I would pick in London over this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank JamieKate

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your most recent visit to 45 Park Lane. I am sorry to read that you felt the overall experience did not live up to your expectations and that you left feeling underwhelmed. All guest feedback is of utmost importance and I would very much like to discuss your experience further if you could kindly contact me directly.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a great boutique hotel with 5 star service. It is expensive, but worth it if you require a very high level of service. The restaurant is excellent and the rooms are high tech and contemporary.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experience of 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit including dining in CUT at 45 Park Lane. I will share your comments regarding the service with the team here and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

How can I put into words, how wonderful this hotel is? I stayed in June for a Barbra Streisand concert. We wanted to stay at The Dorchester, which was full - so the hotel offered us a room at their sister hotel (30 second walk, opposite The Dorchester). Naturally we were initially a bit disappointed... as The Dorchester is such an iconic hotel. Our disappointment soon disappeared as we checked in at 45 Park Lane. The hotel is VERY impressive. Very new. And has a very welcoming feel as you walk in. The doormen were extremely helpful as we arrived at the hotel by car. They took all of our cases, and they took our car to get parked. We arrived very early -- around 12pm. The hotel room wasn't quite ready - but reception asked us to wait for 20 minutes, and they would ensure the room would be ready. They offered us complimentary tea in the lobby - which we appreciated after a 5 hour drive from Newcastle. We were then personally escorted to our "room". I say room... but actually, they upgraded us to a very spacious suite. Everything about the room was LUXURIOUS. From the high definiation Bang and Olufsen TV... to the designer bathroom (The best hotel bathroom I've ever had)... coffee machine... one of the most well stocked refreshment centres I've ever had in a hotel... and also lots of sweet treets, complimentary on the coffee table. They also include complimentary soft drinks in the minibar. Very rare. We decided to have a late lunch in our suite - before the concert - and I'm so glad we did. The room service came from Wolfgang Puck's restaurant. Unbelivable! The middle eastern apple salad with dates and almonds was the best I've ever had for a starter. I would return to this hotel just for the room service. We had a breakfast inclusive rate - and the great thing is, you can take breakfast at The Dorchester next door. It was so wonderful to stay at 45 Park Lane, but then take breakfast at The Dorchester. The best of both worlds. If you're looking for a luxurious hotel experience, with top quality service, and out-of-this-world room service, then look no further! I look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a studio suite... would definitely recommend this room type. Very big... living...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane and it is my pleasure to read just how much you enjoyed the whole experience from the suite you stayed in, your in-room dining experience from CUT at 45 Park Lane and the service from our team. I will share your comments with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.