“A diamond in the park”

45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #458 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Great location, great service, great restaurant by Wolfgang Puck (I appreciated this one more than his other restaurant in Los Angeles). I recommend the cocktails at the first floor bar. Love the Art Deco design. The rooms are perfect, with an iPad to control everything, the butler a must. Along with the Wellesley, the best of the best hotels in London.
Hint: They have a cinema room where you can invite friends and even watch a football game.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Valentin M
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to 45 Park Lane. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed dining in CUT at 45 Park Lane and how highly you appreciated the design, décor and the service from our team. I will share your kind comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

what a super hotel, Roland has done the Dorchester Collection proud with this little gem!
Loved the restaurant, breakfast and dinner was a real treat, loved the upstairs bar area
an oasis of calm and discerning luxury
very well appointed suite, staff very attentive with anticipation service
really nice bathroom and every thing catered for.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how highly you appreciate all aspects of the hotel and it will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team here. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night and could not fault a thing! We were upgraded to a king room on the 8th floor with balcony over-looking Hyde Park and it was just wonderful! What struck us most was the exceptional service we received from all the staff and the quality of everything in our room. I would go so far as to say it was probably the best equipped and most comfortable room we've ever stayed in!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience including your room with views of Hyde Park, the service from the team and facilities in the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We chose 45 Park Lane among all the great London hotels for its style, the reviews of service, the use of technology, location and because the price wasn't outrageous

Overall we found the hotel very nice for many reasons but problematic for a few

The issues really came from two areas. The first is the over-reliance of technology in the rooms which led to form over function at times. The lighting controls in the bathroom had no labels and there was a giant mirror light that would not go out no matter what button we pushed. We were not sure if this was us being inept or a true problem so we called our host (who are similar to butlers) and she determined that it was indeed a problem they would fix the next day. Later one of the phone handsets would not work and I had to reboot one of the bedside control panels when it failed. Also the shower had no labels just pictograms which my wife found particularly frustrating These are not major problems but inconveniences that took up a fair amount of time to deal with

The hotel was very responsive to our issues as the manager emailed me several times and other staffers checked in on us frequently. At one point we came downstairs and five people were waiting for us. The hotel also gave use a comp limo ride to the airport for our troubled which we felt was fair.

The other issue was breakfast. They should have a buffet instead of only a sit down menu as service could be slow at times. We sat next to a German family one day who made a big stink about how slow the service was which made for an uncomfortable eating experience.

The positives are definitely the decor which is very classy Art Deco; the staff who are all very nice but are quite young. I do wonder if this is a training ground for the sister hotel The Dorchester across the street. The food at CUT was delicious. The rooms are very nice & elegant and when the technology worked it was fun and cool to control everything from a panel, especially the window shades. I felt like Captain Kirk a little

Overall I enjoyed my experience at 45 Park Lane although I think on my next trip I will explore a different experience for the variety.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Christophe_Hilty, General Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall experience and thank you for your feedback on the technology in the rooms. All guest feedback is of utmost importance and I will ensure your comments are shared with the relevant people. I hope to have the opportunity welcome you back here again.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Dorchester for the sophisticated young traveler. Great stay, incredible brunch at the in house steak house CUT. Rhianna always stays at the pent house overviewing all Hyde Park. No where else to go.

Room Tip: pent house
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear timo r,
I am delighted to read your review of 45 Park Lane and that you consider it your favourite choice when staying in London. I am also very happy to read that you experienced the fabulous brunch at CUT. I look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards, Christophe Hilty, Hotel Manager, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel started off to a rocky start as we checked In the same time Rihanna did. So we were left in the dark. They made up for it by upgrading us to an enormous suite and going above and beyond. We ended up staying a few more nights we loved it so much. I cannot wait to go back and stay there again! It made me fall in love with London all over again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Christophe_Hilty, Manager at 45 Park Lane - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to leave feedback on your recent stay at 45 Park Lane. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel so much that you stayed some extra nights and that you fell in love with London during your visit. I will share your feedback with the team and look forward to welcoming you here on your next stay.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

love love loveeeeeeeeeee

I wish i can give this hotel more then Excellent. I want to go back to London just to stay in this hotel just perfect.

I didn't complain from anything from the first day i came till i left and i usually complain allot.

Am a super clean person and a germ freak and to be totally honest i felt i was comfortable like home the rooms are SUPER CLEAN.

The Bed is Just heaven

RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoy staying with us and how highly you valued the décor and the beds. It is an honour that you consider 45 Park Lane as a perfect hotel and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you personally on your next stay.