“Amazing hotel, super central location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #205 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Moscow, Russia
“Amazing hotel, super central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed here for the weekend, the hotel is magnificent to say the least, staff were very attentive and even checked us in earlier than the check in time. The room was lovely with a stunning view. The breakfast buffet was a lavish spread and we loved it. The location was a plus, close to everything central in London. Will definitely be recommending this hotel to my friends and family. Already planned my stay here when I am in London next in April. Five stars!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kristinaxx70
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback! I am delighted to hear you had such a good weekend with us and found our staff to be so attentive during your stay. As you say, the location is ideal for exploring London, with multiple tube lines connecting guests to the rest of the city. I do hope you were also able to explore the local Kings Cross area itself? The area has seen huge change in recent years and the redevelopment is best seen via a complimentary walking tour, which is run from the Granary Square Visitor Centre. When you return in April, I would highly recommend speaking to our Concierge team and reserving a place on this. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in a few months time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (840)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We recently stayed here for one night as a celebration and this hotel is absolutely amazing. I had a lot of contact with Richard Thompson before our stay and he was so helpful and patient, ensuring everything went smoothly for us. We were lucky enough to be able to stay in a one bedroom Grand Chambers suite and this was beautiful, with a huge sitting room, large bedroom and huge bathroom. Everything was carefully thought out, the room just worked! Beautiful free-standing bath in the window (great for people watching), separate large shower, two handbasins. The bed was massive with soft linens and we slept very soundly. One of the most beautiful suites I have stayed in (and I stay in London at least once a month). If your room rate includes transportation (as ours did), do take advantage of this because it is extremely efficient and the limo service was excellent.

The Chambers Club is outstanding, with the most helpful but discreet staff, who remember your name and nothing is too much trouble. Food is of an extremely high quality and, although there is hot food at the breakfast buffet there, they will also order your eggs cooked however you want eg we were able to have eggs benedict to order. Evening canapes are really good and the lounge is beautiful, with a good atmosphere and never busy. Such a treat.

We sampled cocktails in both the Booking Office bar and the lounge, and these were very good, with a large choice on the menu. Not too expensive for London either! We also had cakes in the lounge, highly recommended.

Every single member of staff that we encountered, whether it was a manager or someone passing us in the corridor, were friendly and helpful. The concierge, Mario, was extremely helpful throughout and all the staff in the Chambers Club were superb.

It is very rare to have a trip where absolutely everything is perfect from beginning to end, but this is what we had here. I could not improve on a single thing, we were just so sad when it was time to go home! Cannot wait to return in the future.

Room Tip: Go for a Chambers room rather than a Barlow room, you won't regret it.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cruella55
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you can’t wait to return. Our staff are always thrilled to be mentioned personally so I was delighted to be able to recognize both Rick and Mario as a result of your comments. As you say, a stay in Chambers offers the ultimate in luxury and I’m so pleased to hear you were able to benefit from the private car service. Thank you again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Cropredy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Our visit was part of my wifes' birthday treat, plus we both love this style of architecture.
The service on arrival was most courteous, not overbearing, which smacked of very good staff training. The 'bell hop' (is that what you call the suitcase chap?) took us to our room and did not hover, but I did manage to tip him.
Our room overlooked the British library, but I think you can be more specific with room requests, as I merely asked for one high up. We had a twin, but both beds were big enough for a small double, and so, so comfortable. The room had everything you needed down to an iron, free safe etc etc.
We did not take our evening meal there as we were booked up in the West End, but took a drink in the bar. Being an 'ale person' I was more than pleased with my pint, which was clear and a good temperature, and Mary was happy with her Rose, which we sat and drank whilst drinking in the grandeur of the restoration work.
Continental breakfast is a little on the expensive side, but worth it if you are a breakfast person. Three different types of smoked fish was enough to put me in Ambrosia land, but a full array of meats and cheeses, plus dried and fresh fruit, breads of all description and just about all you wanted was there. Worth every penny, plus your cup filled without having to catch the waiters eye. My advice, do it! and blow the cost.
We will go again, I am sure, but not too often as to spoil the experience.

Room Tip: If you want a view from your window you will be asked on line for room preferences, although not sur...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide these lovely comments. I am pleased to hear you chose our hotel to celebrate your wife’s birthday and that you enjoyed your experience with us so much. Great to learn you were able to enjoy a drink in the Booking Office before you headed to dinner. I do hope you were able to try our own brand St Pancras Beer, brewed exclusively for us by a micro-brewery? Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

This is now my first choice, by far whenever I stay on London. The public areas are some of the most striking I have ever seen, the bar is worth a visit just to take in the decor and be sure to check out the staircases!
The staff are always helpful and extremely attentive.
The bedrooms are comfortable although nothing startling.
The restaurant was good although there are better places in London to eat.
However the overall feel of the hotel and the brilliant staff are what keep me coming back. In fact there next week...can't wait!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for these wonderful comments! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and the hotel is now your first choice when staying in London. I look forward to welcoming you back next week and if you haven’t already, would strongly encourage you to speak with the staff and arrange a complimentary space on our historical tour, where the magic of the building is truly brought to life.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Even before leaving, I was looking forward to finding some excuse to return. This hotel offers everything you expect - grand architecture, comfort and service. The building - a masterpiece by Giles Gilbert Scott - had been superbly restored; it is a stunning example of Victorian Gothic. There are few hotels where wandering the hallways and up-and-down the staircases give the same pleasure as visiting a stately home: This is one. The building is matched by impeccable service too. Everyone seems to enjoy contributing to the style of the surroundings. The rooms are beyond comfort, even a Nespresso machine. Ours had a view over the Eurostar platforms (excellent soundproofing) - how tempting it was just to step outside and take the train to Paris. Next time.

The lounge by reception was lively; popular with professionals for business over a drink or coffee. There is also a rated Marcus Wareing restaurant. We greatly enjoyed the Chambers Club. Here the service was immaculate, unobtrusive, observant and pan-European. It was a joy to experience and created a wonderful atmosphere. This team, under Hugo Leite, would be a credit to any grand hotel in the world.

Room Tip: Try for one of the rooms overlooking the station concourse. Book for the Chambers Club level too.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Camwas
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you found every aspect of the hotel to be outstanding and were especially impressed by the service levels displayed by the staff team. Our associates are always delighted to be recognized, and I was pleased to be able to credit Hugo personally as a result of your review. I do hope you were able to enjoy one of the complimentary historical tours of the property which give great insight into the wonderful work of the building’s architect, Sir George Gilbert Scott. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future (if you wish to coincide it with a trip to continental Europe, we offer an exclusive VIP Eurostar Transfer Service which is complimentary for all guests staying in Chambers!)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

First I have to say that this place was beautiful. Upon checking in we were upgraded to a mini suite. Livia showed us around the hotel, gave us a tour of the club room and told us we could even go see the presidential suite when it was empty! Our luggage from America had not yet arrived and the concierge was wonderful calling the airport and keeping us updated. Our second night there my boyfriend proposed and we came back to our room with rose petals and champagne set up for us. Livia even gave us a book and card about Paris knowing it was our next stop. The attention to detail was wonderful. However the next morning I got really sick and had to be rushed to the hospital. Livia arranged for an ambulance staying in the room with us, waiting for them and sitting with me while I was sick. They even called to check on me the following day and sent up crackers. The club level was wonderful to us. We loved having tea time there and spent the mornings planning our day while having breakfast. The only thing about he entire place was that the internet was spotty so when I was skyping with my parents about getting engaged we had to do it from the club Room and not our private room. But it was not a big problem for us as we were on vacation and didn't bother with it to much. We loved it it could not have been happier with our wonderful trip!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ansley V
Thank you for taking the time to send these wonderful comments! I am so thrilled to hear of an engagement at the hotel and pleased we were able to accommodate you in one of our beautiful Chambers suites. Whilst it is a great shame you were ill during part of your stay, I am delighted to hear Livia from our Guest Relations team was able to look after you and provide such attentive care during your time here. The team are always pleased to get direct feedback and I was proud to be able to personally recognize her as a result of your review. Thank you again for your comments and we do hope to welcome you back again soon (perhaps for your wedding itself!)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had an exceptional weekend of luxury at this beautiful hotel for our wedding. We stayed in a suite for our wedding night and booked 5 other rooms for family members in this hotel. All were very clean, really comfortable beds and we all adored the spa/pool. The water was just the right temperature in the pool and the staff were so helpful when I emailed about bringing children to the spa. Our suite overlooking St Pancras was extremely special. The chambers club staff were also especially attentive and helpful to us.Loved the chambers club tea and snacks.
My only very minor complaint is that being such a large hotel,the service can be a bit impersonal and there are a few errors made. We were charged £42 for things we hadn't consumed from the minibar (but have almost resolved this now as these items were not on the original invoice we received on the morning of checkout but on a different invoice we got later) and we were left a note on our wedding night in our suite saying that staff had tried to deliver a 'food gift' and that we should call to rearrange. We did do this but the gift never arrived!Smaller boutique 5 star hotels that we have stayed in for very special occassions have had more personal service. I also found it very hard to find an email address on the website to get my questions answered prior to the event and the staff struggled to answer my queries in fluent English when I rang up.
Nevertheless, we will be returning to this hotel in future for our anniversaries as it is a very special place for us. The Gilbert Scott restaurant within the hotel is absolutely outstanding, with incredible service. We had our wedding night dinner in the private room there and everything about it was fantastic.
In summary, a brilliant and romantic hotel with a wonderful spa. We can't wait to return!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SGLondon1984
Thank you for taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback! I am pleased to hear you chose to spend such a special occasion at our hotel and enjoyed your experience here so much. As you say, an stay in one of the 38 Chambers rooms and suites provides the ultimate in luxury and I’m delighted to hear you were able to make the most of the many benefits afforded to Chambers guests. I am sorry to hear about the mini bar situation, but I’m glad this is being resolved and should you have any further issues with this, please do not hesitate to contact our Front Office manager directly on Christian.masters@renaissancehotels.com. I am glad to hear the hotel will forever hold special memories for you and do hope we will be welcoming you back for many years to come!