St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
  • Room Service
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
3,600 results
All reviewschambers clubbooking officest pancrasbarlow winggilbert scottchambers roomiconic buildingtrain stationbeautiful hotelnew wingbritish libraryjunior suiteafternoon teakings crossbrick wallsteam roomfive star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We wanted to stay in London for our wedding anniversary and see a show etc. I have many Marriott reward points and went for the St Pancras based on the web site.
We were truly impressed. A fantastic job has been done in restoring this lovely old building, it is a museum piece in it's own right. the attention to detail in for instance the old staircase is breathtaking.
Rooms up to the high Marriott standard but it was the buzz about the place in mid-January that really took our breath away. It felt that this night (a Wednesday) was the place to be in London. Brash, fun, elegant, all those thing at the same time!
Highlight was dinner in the Gilbert Scott restaurant. I did think not to book but fortunately had as it was very full. We gave our order in the bar and were shown to our table in this fabulous piece of restoration. Its clear the city folks have found this one by the chatter round about. However our order was lost! It did seem a long wait for our crab starter but the head waiter appologised profusely, we were not charged for the starter and were given not only a free tour of the kitchen after our main course but also a free desert wine with a somewhat large potion of ginger pudding! Brilliantly pulled our of the fire! A great stay, can't wait to find and excuse to go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jandmkick
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am always thrilled to hear from a loyal Marriott customer and pleased to learn you had such a good stay at the hotel. I do hope you were able to enjoy a Historical Tour while you were here, which is complimentary for hotel guests, and really helps brings the history of the building to life. I am sorry to hear about the confusion at the Gilbert Scott but great to hear you were so delighted with the way the situation was managed. Thanks again for your lovely comments and I do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

It had a lot of publicity but was quite impressed when here to board Eurostar and stayed one night. Good large room, room service good but could be better, staff friendly and bar staff excellent all round. Did not dine in the restaurant but it looks smart.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John D

Thank you for these great comments. I am so pleased to hear you felt the product and service we pride ourselves on lived up to the publicity you had read in the lead up to your stay. As you say, it is the perfect location for those travelling to or from continental Europe and I do hope you were able to make the most of our Eurostar VIP Service while you were here? Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Was the perfect location for my meetings plus next to the tube station. Super posh lobby and place to have a coffee or drink and people watch. Although opulent and well manicured, was a bit crusty for my tastes.

Room Tip: dress for the part or your service may suffer
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BuckeyeChef

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you agree that Hansom Lounge provides a stunning backdrop to impress clients! I do hope you were able to spend some time in the Booking Office bar too? Opening at 6.30am and operating until the early hours, it sees a subtle transformation throughout the day from breakfast and lunch service to dinner and evening drinks, making it another great place for meetings. We also have a range of private event spaces, so do be sure to ask a member of the team next time you’re here if you would like to have a look! Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

What a lovely hotel! My daughter and I spent one night there and absolutely loved it! It's ideally situated within St Pancras railway station and next to King's Cross underground station where you can catch the tube to practically anywhere in central London. The Piccadilly Line takes you directly to Heathrow. Hogwarts fans can also visit Platform 9 and 3/4 at King's Cross!

We arrived earlier than anticipated and were able to check in anyway which was highly appreciated. All staff were courteous and attentive. Our double room on the 6th floor in the Barlow House was very spacious, clean, comfortable and so quiet it made us wonder if we were the only ones on that floor. Pure heaven!

We were able to wander around to take a look at the magnificent Grand Staircase (truly gorgeous), the old Bookin Office (very loud!) and the beautiful lobby. We loved every minute of it and recommend this hotel for romantic getaways as well as for mother/daughter trips. Lovers of history will also adore this unique property.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary A

Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am so pleased you and your daughter enjoyed your recent stay with us. As you say, the location is ideal for exploring London although there is plenty in the immediate Kings Cross area, to keep visitors entertained! I do hope you were able to enjoy one of the complimentary tours of the area which are a great way of learning about the exciting developments? I’m pleased to hear you spent some time exploring the building and hope you took the opportunity to take a photo on the famous Grand Staircase! Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope we are able to welcome you both back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

It is wonderful hotel ,historic place,clean &tidy room.Service is excellent .It is expensive but worth especially to have dinner with my husband at the lovely restuarant.We had few drink at the bar.The bartender is friendly and always smiling.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Walailak S

Thank you for these lovely comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were able to experience the bar and restaurant facilities while you were here. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.