“A Sensational Architectural Masterpiece of a Hotel”

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #200 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“A Sensational Architectural Masterpiece of a Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Arriving from Paris on the Eurostar Train on Friday evening a couple of weeks ago, if trains got any closer maybe you would get off train into reception area of this truly remarkable hotel. Brilliant location at St Pancras Station,
I have as the world’s most traveled person stayed in some 7000 hotel beds, so have a pretty good idea of what is good about hotels. Have to say the restored to its former glory of the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, is grand, majestic, the ultimate place to stay in London.
I have eaten many times in the booking hall restaurant and bar, in the former booking hall of this station building with the original wooden shutters of the counters still in place. This restaurant is really popular with hotel guests as well as commuters using St Pancras to travel to their homes, around end of business day it gets pretty busy, the restaurant is also frequented by local people who come to enjoy the excellent menu provided by the Executive Chef. I met the chef a really helpful man by accident when asking directions to my room. The Chef has worked with the best of Chefs, at the Savoy and other famous restaurants and hotels, you can expect many and, do receive many exciting culinary delights, added to the remarkable atmosphere, with a terrific ambiance, there is good musical entertainment here in the evening’s.
I am impressed with the hotel lobby and check in it really is something to see. Check in was quick and I was on the way to my suite the Queen Victoria Suite it is a twin roomed suite and as I had a business associate from the save the Concorde group with me on this trip, we decided to share the facilities of this remarkable apartment, also would be suitable for young children, the plugs are tamper proof for little fingers the doors cant slam have an ingenious stopper high upon the door again the little ones cant get locked in or trap fingers and finally all furniture sharp corner have a a smooth clear plastic edge, all very safe and unobtrusive.
The lounge is beautifully furnished with dining table and chairs, occasional tables and a luxurious deep sink into settee, some nice artwork on the walls a curved room with warm cozy natural wood flooring. Flat screen TV in all three rooms and en-suite facilities in each room. Of course there are the usual high speed Wi-Fi, ample plugs for laptops and mobile phones and any other appliances you need to plug into the electricity. the bathroom amenities are of the highest luxury quality. The large king size beds are very comfortable with a choice of pillows soft hard etc. The Queen Victoria Suite has an amazing view down Marylebone High Street. There is use of the Chamber Club down stairs close to the reception area, a more secluded lounge with many rooms for the discerning guests to use, read, or try the chef specialties of the day, has a remarkable staircase leading up to the first floor and close to the executive floors.
The Chamber Club allows drinks, wine, spirits, beers, juices etc, a true oasis to conduct any meeting, the food served in the chambers Club both hot and cold snacks and while not a full dinner very substantial and again very tasty and delightful to eat here. Breakfast is served here a great buffet selection of juices, hot and cold selections, cereals of many types, and a full English breakfast can be fully enjoyed here, if there is some thing you don’t see like for example Eggs Benedict the very charming waitress from eastern Europe is only to happy to order for you.
Recommend this 5 star hotel 100%

Room Tip: depends on whether you want to see the street side or the station side all rooms are indivually reno...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. We were honoured to welcome the world’s most travelled person to the hotel, and I am thrilled to hear from someone with so much experience staying in hotels, that you were thoroughly impressed by your stay here. Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback and whilst I wish you well on your next adventure, do hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (856)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

One night stay. Weekend visit for London show.
Wanted to stay here since first going through St Pancras on Eurostar.
Stayed in a Barlow room, very good value given location.
Can't do justice to hotel in a short review; but well worth a visit for Drinks / meal even if you don't stay here. (Booking Hall very atmospheric)
Big hotel, so lots of staff; couldn't fault any of them.
Basement Spa lovely and pretty quiet I suspect most of the time.
Would I go back. Yes Please.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for these great comments. I’m so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and would highly recommend a visit to others. Great to learn you were able to make the most of the Spa. With rooms themed to echo the most luxurious bathing environments of Victorian England, it is certainly one of the most unique in London! Thanks again for your lovely feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed at the St Pancras Renaissance for my husband's 40th birthday. Along with Battersea Power Station, it has been my favourite building in London since I was a small child. After a visit to the champagne bar at the station last year, my husband fell in love with the look of it too. His stay there was a surprise for his birthday and we loved every moment of it. The service was excellent and the room was lovely. We arrived early and were able to check into our room straight away. As the hotel knew that it was my husband's birthday, they brought birthday cake to his room. All of the attention to detail made the stay extra special. We stayed in one of the modern rooms which was lovely. However, I can see why people have said on here that it was worth staying in the Chambers rooms as that part of the hotel is out of this world. Unfortunately, budget wouldn't allow us to stretch to that on this occasion, but will definitely start saving to return to a Chambers room! We spent a great evening in the Booking Office Bar, where the music was excellent and the atmosphere really good. Can't stop thinking about our night away-it was wonderful!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MJGT
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on creating extraordinary experiences and so I am pleased to hear your weekend was truly a ‘weekend to remember’. I am glad your husband enjoyed the surprise birthday cake and you were able to spend the evening listening to the RLife LIVE entertainment in the Booking Office. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Super comfortable room with no issues of noise and great bathroom.hairdryer bit ropey but otherwise a very fine hotel with a buzzy atmosphere in the lobby and restaurant.the toiletries are very nice too....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for this lovely feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found the hotel to be so convenient. With its proximity to the station, connecting guests to the rest of London with 6 tube lines, it is certainly a great base to explore the city from. Great to learn you were able to enjoy the Booking Office bar while you were here, and I do hope you were able to try one of our speciality Victorian punches?! Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you abck again in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel - hotel team were immaculate and couldn't do more to help. Housey Lounge singer in bar was great touch on the Friday night, we had bubbles and lunch in the bar on Sunday with friends which was super chilled and GF options were plenty and var team understood celiac requirements perfectly. Room was nice, public areas were beautiful. Will eat in Marcus W restaurant next stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for these wonderful comments! I am pleased to hear you had such a good stay with us and were able to experience both the Booking Office and The Gilbert Scott restaurant. As a Renaissance Hotel, we are proud to offer live entertainment in the Booking Office every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night under the RLife LIVE entertainment programme and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the acoustic performance on the Friday. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

My wife and I arrived here very early for our stay on a Saturday night. We were checked in by a very friendly agent who was excellent. As Marriott Platinum guests received a room upgrade and access to the Chambers Club. We were also given our room straight away - no messing about making us wait until check in time.

Service in the Chambers Club was out of this world, we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, drinks and food, we didn't really want to leave the club. We ordered our evening meal to eat in the Chambers Club, as I said, it was too nice a place to leave and a lot of this was to do with the outstanding service. When we first walked in I was a little apprehensive but the staff soon put us at ease and made us feel very welcome and this trend continued throughout our stay.

Rooms were very comfortable and had all we needed for a one night stay.

Every member of staff greeted us as we passed them, everyone who served us or helped us were fantastic.

We visit London a few times a years and this will now always be the place we stay and I could recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for this wonderful feedback! It is always great to hear from one of our loyal Marriott customers.I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay in Chambers and felt the service was ‘Out of this World’. Great to learn you will be recommending us going forward and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

The London main line railway station of St Pancras now is the termini for Eurostar and in honour of that was restored at huge expense to spectacular results.

Within the railway station was a railway hotel which had been left derelict for decades and has now been restored and opened as a five star Renaissance Hotel.

The restoration is truly impressive. In brief, the hotel consists of a large central reception/meeting/coffee area, the 'Booking Hall' bar (which also does bar meals), the Gilbert Scott fine dining restaurant, the original hotel rooms (now restored as the five star area) and a new modern block of bedrooms which are very nice but obviously not with the same character.

The food, the ambiance, the restoration are excellent but this hotel can be eye-wateringly expensive. I was disappointed that despite the high price tag, there was a £15 internet charge. Why do hotels do that? OK you can get free internet access in the lobby but that's not the point. Breakfast comes at a cost as well - a significant one.

Secondly, if you don't know London then this location is not central, nor an amazing neighbourhood, so you can better hotels of this quality and better value in a better location.

But if you would like to be near St Pancras or Kings Cross terminii and money is not an issue, then this hotel group must be congratulated on the outstading restoration work they've done. You might however be a modern 'standard' bedroom, but that neednt stop you from having a good wander into the old area or even asking to go on the guided tours sometimes arranged.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pyramar
Thank you for your kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the restoration of the building. It is such a shame you were not able to join one of the 45 minute historical tours (which are complimentary for hotel guests and are held throughout the week). The tours, led by professional guides, really bring the building’s history to life. Equally impressive are the walking tours of the local Kings Cross area, which are also complimentary and can be arranged via the concierge team. It is a hugely exciting area to be in and fast becoming London’s hottest leisure destination. The tour guide walks you through the heart of the redevelopment project, Granary Square, taking in highlights such as Bruno Loubet’s restaurant ‘Grain Store’, the food critic’s favourite pop up, ‘Shrimpys’ and Central St Martins Design School. Thank you again for your lovely feedback and I do hope we are able to welcome you back again soon.