“Will Stay Again”

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #209 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Two nights. Very comfortable. Discreet, efficient and friendly staff. Al a carte breakfast offers a good selection, made with good quality ingredients. Wifi is chargeable and expensive, which is my only niggle. Will return.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for this great feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and are so keen to return. I am pleased to hear you were impressed by our recent changes to the buffet breakfast option in the Booking Office. Whilst we do charge for WiFi in the Barlow House bedrooms, it is available complimentary in both Chambers bedrooms and the lobby. We also have a range of accommodation packages that include internet access which might be worth opting for if you are to return. Thank you again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I just came here for Afternoon Tea but once I was there I never wanted to leave!

This hotel is incredibly charming, pretty, chic, old-worldly, and modern all at the same time.

Afternoon Tea exceeded my expectations in every way and I am uber-excited for a return visit.

If you're in London you must have Afternoon Tea here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for these wonderful comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your afternoon tea in Hansom Lounge, which as you mention provides a stunning backdrop. You might be interested to know, you can combine tea with a historical tour of the building? The 45 minute tour, led by a professional guide costs £20 per person and provides great insight to the history of the building. Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a review of the Renaissance as a venue not as a hotel.

I attended a ticketed event there last night, and was quite excited about seeing the inside of this hotel, I live in central London so would never have occasion to stay there. It is very opulent in the grand style, and I would have loved to had a chance to see more of the venue.

But did I feel welcome......no.........staff came across as quite pushy and on one occasion quite rude.

We were greeted and given directions, efficiently rather than in afriendly manner , the cloakroom workers were friendly yet could have been more efficient and faster.

The staff at the bar were ok, but a bit on the slow side. I think takings at the bar would have been considerably higher if the staff had been quicker. The manager supervising them , was actually making things worse, making his staff nervous, and overcomplicating the process.

The food which I presume was ordered by the organiser of the event, the choice I presume wasn't the hotels, it was however dreadful. Undercooked chips/ and overcooked deep fried chicken, served in a mini chip frying basket. I didn't attempt eating it, but the smell of the fat has lingered on my clothes!!!!!!
Commercially bought crisps and nuts were also on offer.

It was on leaving that I started to feel staff were really quite pushy, I was part of a party of five, so we hung around a little to let the line at the bathrooms and cloakroom to go down. Twice we were approached, quite rudely by staff "what are you waiting for " .......we decided to visit the hotel bar for a goodbye drink , twice on the way there we were asked where are you going in quite a rude way .........not "can we help you"..

To add ( not that it should mater) we are all middle aged smartly dressed professional people.. we choose to have our drink elsewhere.

I attend lots of events across London, and many are much much better. I certainly would not use the Hotel for an "event". Such a pity.

2  Thank alanandcolby
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear the event on Monday provided the ideal opportunity for you to come and experience the hotel. We had incredible feedback from both organisers and attendees and the social media comments surrounding the evening also suggested a very enjoyable evening was had by all. I would be very keen to find out more about your experience and would ask that you contact our Event Operations Manager directly on Alex.Michel@renaissancehotels.com so we can investigate further.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Where to begin? Let's see, arrive by high speed train at st. Pancras - a beautiful train station. Walk a few meters to the hotel and check in. Rachel at check in was fantastic! We were early and she held our luggage for us.
We set out to see the sites.
When we returned a few hours later the room was ready and we were shown the way to our room located in the historical section of the hotel.
Wow! I felt like I was on the set of downton abbey!
Luxurious and opulent! There may be more expensive hotels but non so charming!
Well done!

Stayed: February 2014
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for these fantastic comments! I am so pleased to hear you had such a great stay with us. As you mention, the location is ideal for those travelling into London by train, and the proximity to the station also makes the hotel the ideal base for exploring the city. I am glad you enjoyed the architecture of the hotel and do hope you were able to benefit from one of the historical tours we run throughout the week, which are complimentary for hotel guests? The Guides really bring the building’s history to life, and also offer insight to the filming that has taken place here over the years (you may be pleased to hear, you actually WERE on the set of Downton Abbey, since they filmed one of the opening scenes on the forecourt!) Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have just been fortunate enough to have my second stay at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel . Its so convenient as my train comes into Euston station so a very short walk gets me to my hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful . We arrived early expecting to just drop off our bags but were told our room was available. I was staying with a friend so on this visit had booked a twin room. Unlike my last visit our room over looked the station concourse. It was great watching the hustle and bustle going on below us. I had travelled 'light' so didn't have a bath robe with me expecting the room to contain them, it didn't, but a quick comment at reception and two were delivered up to our room . As a Marriott silver card holder breakfast was half price and was half buffet half menu , lovely Eggs Benedict , followed by croissant was a perfect start to a busy day .We left our luggage at the hotel when we checked out returning 10 hours later to recharge our batteries on a comfy sofa in reception before heading for Euston. The only comment I would make that could be seen as negative is the rooms over looking the station could be noisy ,you can hear the trains and announcements. These didn't affect us at all as they finished before we went to sleep and started after we arose in the morning but if you are planning an early night and lie in and are a light sleeper it may be advisable to ask for a room not overlooking the platform.

Room Tip: Rooms over the station can be a bit noisy
1  Thank Alison Y

Thank you for these wonderful comments! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. As you say, the proximity to Kings Cross, St Pancras and Euston stations makes for a very convenient arrival experience. Looking out from station view bedrooms, at the activity going on under William Barlow’s famous train shed, really brings the romance of rail travel to life! We also have a range of other rooms available those preferring a different vista. Thanks again for your lovely comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights the weekend of 8th/9th February. It was the wifes birthday on the Sunday. We arrived early did not expect to get a room just wanted to drop off our bags we were attended to by Paul at reception who was very helpful and offered us a room there and then :-). We were very pleased that we were offered a room so early and to be given an upgrade to a Suite which was a lovely surprise as it was the wifes birthday. Out trips out over the weekend were great as we were helped by Mathias & Paolo to plan where to go and how to get there and back theses guys really know there stuff. We had a great stay and will return again soon we have stayed at many fine hotels all over the world and this one is up there and would be hard to beat in London.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for these fantastic comments! I am thrilled to hear your wife’s birthday weekend at the hotel was such a success. We pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences that will wow our guests and I’m happy to learn this was your experience. Thank you for taking the time to personally mention the staff who really shone during your stay, who were all delighted to be recognized. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I celebrated my 40th Birthday at the St Pancras Hotel this month.

The Events Manager Sarah Tregoning gave me a warm, highly competent, personal service from the moment I met her a few months ago to plan the event.

My (high ) expectations in terms of vegetarian menu, details of the room arrangements, lighting, drinks were all met.

The opulence of the venue speaks for itself but the most impressive aspect of this weekend was the personal, warm and can-do attitude of the staff from the porter, the waiting staff (juliet was exceptional), to the events assistant Nuh Cicek who attended to a multitude of details, to the staff of the Chambers Club who were welcoming and accomodating.

I feel very lucky to have chosen this team and this venue. I could not have asked for more for this special event.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for these wonderful comments! I am delighted to hear your birthday was such a success. We pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences for our guests and so I was very happy to hear you ‘could not have asked for more’ on your special day. Thank you for taking the time to highlight the team members who really stood out. Our associates are always thrilled to be mentioned and so I was pleased to be able to recognize their efforts personally. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.