“A fantastic hotel with excellent service!”

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #210 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed in the Haywood Suite the night before my wedding and we had the perfect reception and hospitality during our stay. The Suite was incredible and my butler (Zsolt) catered to my every need following our email correspondences prior to my arrival. The service, quality of the rooms and catering are all first rate and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. The only thing I would say is that as it is on the main road, we heard alot of sirens etc, but that's not the hotel's fault. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for these fantastic comments! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and it provided the perfect start to wedding proceedings the following day. Great to hear you found your Chambers experience to be first rate and thank you for highlighting Zsolt, who was delighted to be mentioned. As a Grade I listed building, we were pleased to recently receive permission to install double glazing in road facing Chambers bedrooms and look forward to offering an even better quality product as a result. Thank you again for your kind comments and we do hope to welcome you both back (as a married couple!) in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I spent one night at the hotel on 1st March 2014 and it was excellent, especially when compared to some of the other hotels we've stayed in in London. It was comfortable, clean, the service was good, the location's wonderful and there was a really good positive atmosphere about the place. Having said all that, we were extremely disappointed to find that an additional charge is levied to use the internet in the room. When considering the price of a standard room, to impose an additional cost on something that, to all intents and purposes, is a necessity nowadays was petty to say the least.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for these great comments. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and felt it compared very favorably to other London hotels you've stayed in. Thank you too for your feedback regarding internet. Whilst we do charge for WiFi in Barlow House, we offer a number of accommodation packages which include internet charges and make for a great value option. In addition, WiFi is available complimentary in Chambers and also in the lobby and Hansom lounge. Thank you again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here for a few nights at the end of January. Initially checked in to the cheapest available room in the Barlow wing, which was pretty much a standard looking 4/5star room with all the usual facilities and scrupulously clean. All looked well for a pretty typical business 1 night stay... Then the missus called, her boss had asked her to get to London for the following morning... Well, there's a possibility for extending to a weekend here after we've both finished work, so I return to reception, speak sweetly to their excellent and approachable staff and extend my stay into the weekend and then for £100 extra per night upgrade the room to a Chambers suite...

And WOW... there's nothing ordinary about the Chambers wing. Our suite overlooked the Eurostar platform and was a great size with a dreamy comfy bed and beautiful quick filling bath, free of a tapend.... Mmmmmm, a bath for 2!

Then there's access to the Chambers club. A bit like those Executive lounges found at many Marriotts/Renaissance hotels but way, way better. Wide breakfast offerings, delicious afternoon tea and then evening hors D'Oevres, all offered every day included in the chambers wing rate, and free beer/wine all afternoon and evening till 11pm. The club itself is beautifully decorated and characterful, as is the entire chambers wing. This place is the archetypal English Grand Hotel, vaulted ceilings, wide corridors and a club, it has all the ingredients.

It's worth adding that for Marriott Platinum members the hotel doesn't upgrade to a suite, but does offer these "special" upgrade rates from Barlow rooms, when available of course. Platinum members do get club access whether or not they upgrade. Note, Gold members don't, they get free breakfast in the restaurant. To all Marriott Plats staying in London I'd definitely advise giving this a go as the free club access for them is a very significant plus, and far better than any exec lounge you'll find in any other UK Marriott.

Then there's location. Nope, there's no denying, unless you're going on the Eurostar, this hotel ain't close to much... Well except St Pnacras underground which means you're right on top of the tube which will take you anywhere around London quickly and conveniently. And make no mistake, in a city like London, wherever you stay it's not close to everything, so proximity to the tube is much more important than any other location, and hence the St Pancras hotel could scarcely be batter located to explore all London has to offer!

Now to the price. Typically the chambers suites go at around £500 night. Adding the £100 upgrade to the cost of my "cheap" Barlow room at £200 night brought a cost of £300 night for a room that I felt was very comparable to Claridges but with the added benefit of the Chambers Club though not in such a salubrious spot. I can make no greater compliment than to say that me and the missus treat ourselves most years to a London splurge weekend, which over recent years has always been at Claridges, quite simply nowhere else comes close... Except this! So next time were planning a Claridges splurge we really will very carefully consider the St Pancras, and in so doing save ourselves about £100 night and get the free club... Very tempting Renaissance... Very tempting indeed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob P

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide these fantastic comments! I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed your stay at the hotel and were especially ‘wowed’ by your Chambers experience. As you say, staying in the original part of the building affords guests a multitude of benefits from access to the Chambers Club, complimentary wet shave in Gentlemen’s Tonic, Bath Ritual, Eurostar Transfer Service and priority reservations in The Gilbert Scott restaurant to name just a few. As you mentioned, the location is ideal for those exploring London, but Kings Cross is also a destination in its own right and fast becoming the city’s cultural hub. Should you return, I would highly recommend speaking with our Concierge team who, as part of the Renaissance Hotels ‘Navigator’ programme would be happy to curate an itinerary of recommendations of places to enjoy in the local area. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and I do hope to welcome you both back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stay from the 31st to the 1st of febuary, Great hotel, great location and great staff, special thanks to Hugo and Enka (not sure about the name) from the private lounge. We realy appreciate your kindness and professionalism.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that you were especially impressed by the service provided by the Chambers team. Our associates are always thrilled to be recognized and so I was very pleased to be able to thank Hugo and Anke personally. Thank you again for kind comments and I do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

stayed at this hotel for 2 night to celebrate my sons 21st birthday,great choice thankfully,perfect hotel,staff all polite and welcoming.could not fault this hotel,they even provided a cake for my son. All i can say is lovely,comfy. spot on well done.
P.s I always stay in 5 star hotels and this one was an excellent one.

Room Tip: great location, plenty to do locally
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank susanchadda

Thank you for these wonderful comments! I am thrilled to learn your recent stay at the hotel, to mark your Son’s 21st birthday, was such a success! It is great to hear from someone who regularly stays in 5 star hotels, that you were so impressed by the product and service we offer. I am pleased to learn he enjoyed his cake made by our talented Pastry Chefs and do hope to welcome you all back again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We upgraded to a Chambers Suite for a nominal cost and it was well worth it. The room was very comfortable with great views of the trains. The Chambers room was very tranquil and the staff were very attentive. We used the spa which was extremely peaceful, but there was a lack of working lockers in the gents changing rooms. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay and we would go back again. It was like a step back in time, but with modern, efficient service.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for these wonderful comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay in Chambers and love your comment that it was like a ‘step back in time with modern, efficient service’! I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the St Pancras Renaissance in Dec 2013 for my birthday and it was incredible. We stayed in the Chambers Club and had the Afternoon tea package. The Chambers Club is superb. It is in the old part of the building and our room was beautiful with 30 foot high ceilings and huge windows overlooking the Eurostar terminal, which we loved. The Afternoon tea was gorgeous. We each had a selection of sandwiches with different breads and fillings, all very tasty. Then we each had a plate of deserts, again all different but delicious. Finally they brought scones with jam and cream and a glass of champagne! We could not have asked for more and the service in the Chambers Lounge was excellent, we felt very special. On returning to our room, I was greeted with a slice of cake with Happy Birthday written on top which was a lovely touch! We had cocktails in the Chambers Lounge before dinner, and again the service and atmosphere were excellent. Breakfast the following day was the same again, an excellent selection in wonderful surroundings served by staff for whom nothing was too much trouble. The Chambers Club was a wonderful experience and although expensive, was in my opinion, worth every penny and we shall return!

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the Chambers Club if you want the old building experience
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adeje2009

Thank you for these wonderful comments! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your birthday stay with us and were especially impressed by the afternoon tea. Great to learn you were able to enjoy cocktails in the Chambers Club before heading out for the evening. We pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences for our guests and so I am thrilled to hear your birthday was worth every penny and that you intend to return in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back then!