“Amazing time in London!”

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #194 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bernardsville, New Jersey
“Amazing time in London!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

After flying all the way from Rome and being exhausted the St. Pancreas was a haven! We walked straight into the hotel from the Kings Cross Station and the noise disappeared. Check-in barley took a moment and the rooms were pristine. Only downside seems in Europe the glass shower door only covers half the space so water get all over. Other wise being right next to Kings Cross was amazing, we were able to get on any of the lines with our oyster cards. For a small snack at the club lounge they were incredibly accommodating to my celliac disease, the chef made special food just for me :D for breakfast they even had gluten-free toast. We were there for a week and it was wonderful! I cannot wait to come back and I will tell any of my friends to come here!

Room Tip: Choose a room with access to the club lounge! It is worth it!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and it provided a welcoming haven after your long journey! Our staff pride themselves on creating memorable experiences and go the extra mile to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay. I am pleased to hear we were able to accommodate your dietary requirements in the Chambers Club and you enjoyed your specially prepared breakfast! Thanks again for these great comments and I do hope you welcome you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I checked into this hotel just for an overnight stay. The room we booked was in the new bit. The room was very small with just a very small window which overlooked the roof of the station. We were offered an upgrade to a better room when we checked in but as we had paid £313 for one night for the double room in the first place we could not justify spending another £100 on an upgrade just for an overnight stay.

The old part of the hotel is absolutely stunning and breakfast in the Booking Office the next morning was faultless. Very good service, very good food, could not fault it. Just disappointed with the small room. The bed was comfy but the pillow were too soft but that is just personal taste.

Would definitely stay here again for it's proximity to St. Pancras station and all the other transport links. Next time we would ask for a better room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the old part of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind feedback. I am so pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by your breakfast experience in the Booking Office. As the original ticket office for the train station, it certainly provides an inspiring backdrop to start the day. I am disappointed to hear you felt the room was small. We are proud to offer a range of room types, from Victorian suites in Chambers to the more modern bedrooms in Barlow House which offer great value within the 5 star London hotel market. I’m sorry we were unable to move you to another room, and would ask that you contact our Front Office manager on your next stay so we can assure we allocate a room best suited to your needs. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

On arrival at the Hotel you are immediately impressed with the grandness of the hotel.

However, the experience is soon changed by the poor service. I arrived at 23:00 and there was one person on reception who was extremely rude to me, after waiting to be served for a lengthy amount of time.

The rooms are quite small, and quite plainly decorated, but with all the standard requirements for a business traveller, but not the most inspiring rooms, considering the very over-priced room rate. I also expected significantly more from the hotel considering the grandness of the hotel.

The most disappointing experience was the the breakfast, which was not a of great standard, and was £35.00! I was assured breakfast was included in my room rate, however, on check out the receptionist become confrontational and insisted I had to pay £35.00 despite having a small breakfast with a street value of around £10.00. That took my overall bill to £270.00 for one nights stay.

Overall not a great experience and not one that I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Matt P
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am pleased to hear you were impressed by the building’s architecture but I am of course disappointed to learn your experience did not match initial expectations. We are proud to offer a range of accommodation from bedrooms in the modern Barlow House to Victorian suites in the original part of the building which offer good value within the 5 star London hotel market. We offer a number of options for breakfast, including a traditional English hot breakfast for £18 and the popular buffet option for £26. I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experience and if you would like to discuss further would ask you to contact our Director of Operations on Edward.White@renaissancehotels.com.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel was booked for me as part of a package for my honeymoon. I was excited about staying as the restored decor and furnishings looked amazing. Unfortunately when we arrived we were allocated a twin room. As you can imagine two single beds on our honeymoon is not what we had in mind. I explained this and was told the hotel was fully booked and they did not have a double room to give us. The hotel had a massive conference going on and it was obvious to me they had overbooked. The lady on reception assured us we would love the room as it was a massive upgrade to the Royal Suite. However when we got to the room it was very plain and simple decor with separate beds. I looked online and indeed the Royal Suite double room looked very sumptuous, even the standard double/twin rooms looked better decorated. Overall a very disappointing experience.

2 Thank susan w
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I was pleased to hear you chose to stay with us as part of your honeymoon but am of course disappointed to hear about your experience. I would very much welcome the opportunity to learn more and would be grateful if you could contact our Front of House manager on Christian.masters@renaissancehotels.com so we can investigate further. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope to hear from you soon.
chicago
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I and our 2 teenage children enjoyed our time at this wonderful, historic hotel. The kids shared a room and my husband & I were totally pampered in our Chambers room, 167. What a beautifully appointed space with an incredible view of the lobby. All aspects of the service provided were top-notch, from the reception team to the Chambers Club staff, even the door men and porters went out of their way. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love a return visit!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Chambers room if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary Clare S
Thank you for this great feedback. I am delighted to hear you are your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and are so keen to return! The Kings Cross area is a great place for all ages, and I do hope you able to explore the neighborhood. I am pleased to learn you felt totally pampered during your stay in Chambers. I do hope you were able to make the most of the bath ritual service, available complimentary to guests staying in Chambers? The in room bathing experience is the ultimate in relaxation and luxury! Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
LA
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We used Marriott reward points to stay at the St. Pancras Renaissance in August. It's an extraordinary hotel with incredible service. We upgraded to a Chambers room and we could not have been happier.

A woman from the front desk/concierge team took great care of us -- not only giving us a tour of the historic hotel when we arrived, but again the next day when she spotted me welcoming a friend who lives in London.

Also when she heard my partner was ill upstairs, she arranged for an amenity of tea, toast and mints to be brought up by room service at no charge. I stay at hotels several times a months, and it's very very rare to get this level of service, especially at a busy urban hotel. I tried to tip her but she politely refused. Also a rare occurance at most hotels! (We wrote to several layers of Marriott management complimenting her.)

If you go, stay in a Chambers room. it gets you access to the club which has great food and impeccable service, all day, free of charge.

I have no idea how crowded the hotel was, but our room was extremely relaxing and very quiet.

Hands down, the best hotel experience I've ever had. I can safely say it's my favorite hotel in the world.

Room Tip: Spring for the Chambers room. Well worth it!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LA-LONDON-NYC
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and consider it the best hotel experience you have ever had! Thank you for highlighting the staff, who pride themselves on creating memorable experiences for guests and so are always delighted to hear comments like these. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night on 21st April - the hotel had been recommended by friends who stayed there last year. We got a room deal on a Barlow Premium Guest room which was beautifully appointed and a good size. We were in the newer part of the hotel, but don't be put off by this because in my view it doesn't in any way feel like a second best option. No doubt the older rooms will have more ambience but we couldn't justify the extra money. When we checked in we were offered an upgrade to a small suite for an extra £70 but decided to leave it. The staff are wonderful and the hotel areas are charming. We had a cocktail in the Gilbert Scott bar and enjoyed watching the cocktails being made. We didn't eat in any of the restaurants as we preferred to go somewhere else. It's also nice for a treat to have champagne on the platform (Searcy's Bar) and watch the Eurostars coming and going. I can't recommend this place enough - go and you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank 678DPCD
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am thrilled to hear you and your wife enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are delighted to be able to offer accommodation in the both the original Victorian part of the building and also in Barlow House, the modern extension, which as you experienced, offers all the facilities expected by the modern traveler. Great to learn you were able to enjoy a cocktail in The Gilbert Scott bar, I do hope you were able to look at the stunning restaurant space while you were there. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.