“Hotel Tour and Afternoon Tea”

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #201 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Hotel Tour and Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

What an enjoyable afternoon spent at this amazing Hotel.... Very interesting hotel tour with Chris....Then onto superb Afternoon Tea for an 80th family birthday.... Lovely surroundings, not rushed, fabulous sandwiches, scones and cakes, complimentary glass of something sparkling, special cake for the birthday girl and even a hotel duck....Perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Matchingnailvarnish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (855)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed here for one night. It is our third time and as always was extremely impressive.
The architecture will blow you away. There is a nice steam room and pool downstairs.
The rooms are incredible, ours had a first floor view of the International station at St pancreas and despite this was very quiet.
Complimentary in our room rate was a wet shave for me and a bath ritual experience for her. Both very pleasant
We stayed in the chamber's side which allows you access to the chambers club for breakfast and food and drink throughout the day, this is very much worthwhile.
If you have the cash then this is an exceptionally good place to stay in the city.
If you are from overseas then you are staying in a bastion of English architecture!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pipehitter
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for these fantastic comments. I am always delighted to hear from our loyal regular guests and thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us as always.
Great to hear you enjoy the various benefits of staying in Chambers and are converts to our recently launched Bath Ritual experience! Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I would concur with 'amanda0620' on her review of this hotel. My wife & I have just spent around 3 weeks travelling around the UK by train staying at similar hotels, and have been left somewhat lukewarm from our experience here. The internet is a real issue! I would rate our stay at the nearby Great Northern Hotel at the beginning of our trip as far more pleasurable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Spozzarooni
Thank you for your feedback. Whilst I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the surroundings and learn that you have rated the experience 4 out of 5, I am of course disappointed by your comments. I would be keen to hear more about your time at the hotel and would ask that you contact our Guest Relations Manager on andrew.minnucci@renaissancehotels.com so we can investigate further.
Hickory Creek, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location of this property is superb, especially if you plan to catch a train at the station next door as we did. The building itself is beautiful, and the rooms are nicely decorated. I will say that if you're in the more modern part of the hotel that the rooms are pretty basic -- there's nothing with an overwhelming amount of character to make you feel like you're staying somewhere special. The tub was also a little awkward, and seemed to be too high off the ground.

The staff was very kind and helpful, and we enjoyed our stay and the way we were treated as guests.

My biggest complaint here is internet access. This is a very pricey hotel, and the only place with internet that is complimentary is the lobby. Which would be fine, except that a large portion of the lobby is used as a restaurant for food/drink service, making it hard to find place to sit and work online. I honestly feel that at more than 300GBP a night, the least they could do is include internet in the room. I believe this may be a policy of Renaissance/Marriott in general, but it seems silly to me that I can stay at a much less expensive hotel and have internet included, but when I stay at a "luxury" brand, I have to pay for every little thing. Up your prices 10GBP a night and let me have internet without the hassle of an additional charge.

Overall the room was nice, but you're paying a premium for being next door to the station. I'm not sure it's worth the price for a room that is nice, yet fairly typical for a hotel room. I guess I had hoped for a little more character in a hotel that is all about it's history.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank amanda0620
Thanks for your kind comments. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the service provided by our staff. As you say the location is perfect for those travelling by train or onto mainland Europe via the Eurostar. As you mention, the rooms in the Barlow House offer all the facilities expected by the modern traveler whilst those in Chambers feature more of the Victorian characteristics it sounds like you might favour. Should you return, you may wish to look into booking a Chambers room, which alongside the more historical décor also include WiFi and access to the exclusive Chambers Club. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hubby and I were going on the Eurostar to Paris....so we treated ourselves to a night in the St. Pancras Renaissance. It was well worth it. We got up, had breakfast...walked out into the train station, took the elevator down to the Eurostar boarding entrance. On the way back from our trip, we stayed another night. One side of the hotel faces out over the Library...the other side faces into the train station. It's a personal thing....I loved the hustle of everyone in the train station...and it quietens down after the last Eurostar come in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aisgill
Thank you for your fantastic comments. I am thrilled to hear you both enjoyed your recent stay with us and do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Magnificent hotel. Majestic. Staff wonderful. But.

Had a standard room. Room was beautifully decorated but they missed some obvious things. The shower is open so water goes every where. No shelves in the shower to put soap shampoo etc. I guess posh people don't need to clean themselves. The lighting in the bathroom was dim at best could not use the vanity mirror. The lighting in the whole room was dim. Going down in a few to have high tea we shall see. Well continue review. Don't know what we paid it was part of the package.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tom t
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I was pleased to hear that you loved the hotel and thank you for highlighting the staff, who pride themselves on creating memorable experiences for guests and are always delighted to read comments like these. We are reviewing the lighting scheme in our Barlow House rooms at the moment and value your feedback. I hope you enjoyed afternoon tea in Hansom Lounge and I look forward to reading your continued review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had a very pleasant stay for 1 night. Rooms were very nice and spacious. The building is extraordinary and worth a look if you are ever in the area.

Dinner at the Gilbert Scott restaurant was good quality and a great pub bar at the back. Great set up.

Location great for St Pancras / Euston / Warren Street and a short walk from all major underground lines via Euston / Euston Square and KC

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank NeilChester
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for these fantastic comments. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found the location particularly useful. The redevelopment of Kings Cross continues apace, with new business, restaurants and bars opening on a monthly basis so I do hope you were able to spend some time exploring the local neighbourhood. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.