“Really high standard of Renaissance hotel that delivers excellent service in an amazing location.”

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #189 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in January and found it to be one of the best Marriott group hotels I have ever stayed in. A high standard restoration of a beautiful old building combined with everything you would expect from a high end Marriott property. I am looking forward to my next visit later in the year.

Location: St Pancras mainline station, London

Reception: Staff are extremely well trained, very friendly and efficient. Check in was prompt and courteous.

Room: Large and spacious in the new build part of the property with all fittings in good condition. The usual signs of hotel wear and tear not found in this room. A large wardrobe with plenty of hangers, modern iron and board. In room safe. Excellent aircon, which was quiet. Large flat screen TV and plenty of channels to choose from.

Bathroom: Modern and well equipped, plenty of towels and amenities.

Minibar: Well stocked. Tea and coffee available in room.

Internet: Wired or WIFI available. Good connection speed, rates average prices, considering the hotel's location.

Restaurants: Plenty of high quality outlets available. Food of very high standard. Breakfast also very good.

Gym: Available with modern equipment

Spa and Pool: I did not use, but looks to be of a very high standard

Staff: All very friendly and helpful, customer focused

Room Tip: Barlow rooms are in the new build extension to the original hotel, so very modern Chambers rooms ar...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for this wonderful feedback! I am always pleased to hear from our loyal Marriott customers and thrilled to learn about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your detailed but concise comments summarise the experience we are proud to offer our guests here. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,535)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a WONDERFUL hotel! We stayed here following a British Isles cruise for a few days in London. The transformation of the derelict old train station/hotel it was a few years ago into a world class hotel is amazing. The historic architecture and atmosphere has been respected and highlighted, yet all of the modern amenities you would expect from a five star hotel have been added. Service is attentive, professional and personal. Rooms are immaculate and well attended. Marbled bathrooms, luxurious towels and sheets, plush robes, complementary umbrellas are all included in the attention to detail. The restaurants and public areas are staffed with excellent servers. Breakfast was included. Be sure to see the historic Grand Staircase! Its location makes it easy to get to anywhere in London by the tube, or even the continent as the Eurostar trains can be reached right at the adjacent station. The British Library is next door. It is worth EVERY penny. Splurge on yourself…you will
not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us and consider it the best you have ever stayed at! I do hope you were able to join one of our complimentary historical tours during your stay as it sounds like something you would have found very interesting. As you say the location, makes the hotel perfect for those travelling onto mainland Europe vy Eurostar, and you may be interested to know that we offer a VIP Transfer Service for those staying in Chambers. Thanks again for your great comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We've stayed at the St Panras before - if you can dig a little deeper for one of the Chambers suites, it's a world apart from the 'business hotel' style of the Barlow rooms. We've stayed in Chambers suites on both occasions but have seen the Barlow rooms.

The service is very good, staff are attentive and polite. The only drawback really is the Chambers Club to which you have access when staying in any of the Chambers suites.

The club lounge itself is really lovely and again the staff are very attentive, however the experience of using it over the weekend is not good.Every time there is food on offer it's like a plague of locusts descend. Really unpleasant, how many canapes can you get one one plate, and more to the point how many do you really need? I guess as such as anything this is a reflection on the guests who book in for a weekend then want to get as much as they can for their money.

We will stay there again, but never at the weekend!

Room Tip: Chambers suites are the only way to go! Absolutely beautiful rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JosephandFiona
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thanks for this great feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and do hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've reviewed this hotel previously but this trip was special as my daughter and I recently spent a week at the Renaissance staying in a junior suite in the Chambers part of the building. This is part of the original hotel and the rooms have retained as much as possible of the original features and ours being a small suite was very spacious with floor to ceiling windows which were at least 20 feet high if not more.
The hotel is one of my favourites and so convenient if you are going to go out and about in London, as we did all week. The suites are more expensive than the rooms in the added-on part of the hotel but worth the extra as guests get access to club level and we found that we hardly spent any money on food as we had great breakfasts and canapés/desserts/sandwiches and drinks available several times a day in the club lounge area. The staff were very friendly and I received several emails from the manager of the Chambers Suites before we arrived to offer help with any arrangements we needed to be made regarding our stay. I am a Londoner by birth and was actually born in the St Pancras borough so for me it was as if I was back home for a week!
We were out and about each day but did spend our evenings in the suite, it was very comfy and there was a good choice of tv channels. The bed was stated as kingsize but I think it was bigger than that- superkingsize. My daughter and I shared and there was plenty of room. The bathroom was nice too, plenty of nice products by Ren and even a couple of rubber ducks for the bath!
If you don't want to eat at the hotel the beauty of the position is that you only have to go down ito St Pancras or King's Cross stations to find all types of restaurant and good fast food as well as the hotel's own restaurants.
The only negative point about the room was the fact that because it had a narrow balcony (not accessible) the windows were very dirty and were not cleaned even when it rained (as it did rather heavily on one of the days). I expect they are hard to clean from the outside and did not appear to open. Also, they are not double glazed so I found it very noisy at night and it was hard to sleep the first night or two. Our room was on the corner of Pancras Road and Euston Road and I was glad that most of the work on King's Cross station had been completed- it meant we had a nice view of the front of the station.

Room Tip: Pillows are very soft, ask for firmer ones before you arrive if you prefer them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for this fantastic feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed last week, loved everything. Room modern and nice size in Barlow wing. Very comfortable. Lively bar scene in booking office bar was great. Staff very nice and always willing to help with anything. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thanks for this great feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were particularly impressed by the Booking Office bar and restaurant. With live music from 7pm and a late license to 3am on Thursdays, Friday and Saturdays, it is especially lively at the end of the week! Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Benjamin of concierge was great and excellent. I love the location of the hotel as well. The food was great and the internet in the room was super. The best of all the hotels I have stayed in on my trip from Nice, Paris, Monaco , marseille, Cannes , Amsterdam , koln, Lyon , Madrid ,and then to the United Kingdom . Transportation in and out of the hotel is the best, shopping center as well , the tube station , the st pancral international train station, kings cross station and shopping centers just under the hotel building. All day every day you sure of coming back any time. Security number one.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frederick N

Thank you for these fantastic comments. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were particularly impressed by the food offered within our various dining outlets. As a seasoned traveler, I am delighted to hear our hotel was your favorite of all those you stayed in across your European trip! Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

It's just beautiful - I defy anyone to stand outside that building or inside the lobby and say anything different. I have passed this hotel many times on my visits to London and have thought that at some point I HAVE to stay there.

The reception area is just beautiful. However, walking in, and not in my business suit, I did get a feeling of, 'If you're not on the list, you aren't coming in'. That said, I was given the option of having my bags carried, the reception staff were extremely helpful and I was allowed to check into my room at about 11am (much earlier than advertised).

The walk to the lifts to the room could do with a little work - this is five star at its grandest let's not forget.

The room, well it was beautiful. I have never had a chaise longues in a room before. Spacious room, beautiful bathroom and products, brilliant TV, obviously a safe and ironing facilities, lovely robes and slippers. However, pretty grim view onto a brick wall (I suppose some rooms have to have them and it's not the most picturesque part of London), and PAID WIFI!!!!! You can get very low cost budget hotels now, and not have to for pay Wifi, and we are talking expensive! I went to the pub across the road and used theirs for free - I am not a skin flint, but do not appreciate paying a lot for accommodation and then not being provided with what is now seen as a basic need.

It was however spotless, amazingly comfortable and a fantastic quiet night sleep (I am not a sound sleeper and this is in a very busy part of London). I loved the book in the room explaining the history of the place, and I am totally delighted this iconic building has been saved from demolition and has kept its character. I would have loved a bit of room in the fridge for my own things - I could put things in the fridge as removing items would have incurred a charge even if I replaced them.

The major disappointment was dinner in the Booking Room. The Booking Room is just stupendous to look at and sit in. However, after being in there for two hours and waiting for food, the opulence of it, and atmosphere was wearing a bit thin (we were a party of 24, but they knew we were coming). In my opinion, the food (when it did eventually come) was average and overpriced. Enough of that.

Check out is noon (big plus point).

I would definitely stay again if given the opportunity.

This hotel though is beautiful, and if you are a fan of Gothic fantastic and the 1920s it has to be a must on your list.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank louisebielby

Thanks for this great feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and delighted to hear we have helped you tick off an item on your Bucket List! I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future!