St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$299
US$169
US$153
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$194
US$150
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$118
US$221
US$191
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$135
Agoda.com
3,600 results
All reviewschambers clubbooking officest pancrasbarlow winggilbert scottchambers roomiconic buildingtrain stationbeautiful hotelnew wingbritish libraryjunior suiteafternoon teakings crossbrick wallsteam roomfive star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My stand treated me to the Romance package for my Birthday - what a lucky girl I am! I have always wanted to stay at this iconic hotel so was very excited about the stay. Walking into the hotel you can't fail to be impressed and the staff are all incredibly helpful and seem very genuinely to want to ensure your stay is a good one. We were offered an "upgrade" to a King room from our Queen room which apparently had a small window. The package did include a Queen or King room so it wasn't strictly an upgrade and in hindsight I wish we'd stayed with the Queen room as I think it may have been in the older part of the building whereas we ended up in the newer wing. However, the room was fabulous and had excellent sound proofing and we weren't spending much time in there anyway! We used the pool, sauna and steam facilities - very beautifully done but don't expect to be swimming lengths as the pool is pretty small and can only really fit a couple of people in at a time. Worth a visit, though. We then had our afternoon tea which was delicious - lovely selection of sandwiches (and more offered), lovely scones and a wonderful selection of cakes (which I couldn't finish, unfortunately...!). Our package also included an alcoholic cocktail - I chose one which included jasmine tea - yum! Definitely to be recommended... whether as a guest of the hotel or a visitor. We were out at the theatre for the evening and then returned to the bar for drinks and the very unusual chilled out DJ - couldn't drag ourselves away! The architecture in the bar was brought to life with lighting in the evening and I could have sat in there all night. We returned for breakfast the following morning - a great selection, as expected. Can't wait to return for more! The rose petal heart on the bed was also a lovely touch : )

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your great comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. As a building once described as “too romantic to survive” and schedule for demolition it was thankfully saved by Sir John Betjeman, and now provides the ideal location for a romantic break away. I’m glad to hear you were able to enjoy the spa facilities and make the most of the relaxation pool too. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here recently with friends on a Spa weekend away. We had a 1 bed Chambers suite, and it was worth every penny! We ate our breakfasts every day in the Chambers club, and also enjoyed some of the canapés and evening drinks there as well. The food, drink and service in the club impeccable. We also spotted a certain Hollywood A list couple enjoying a drink in a quite corner of the club too. ;-)

We used the spa on the Sunday and the treatments and facilities were fantastic. I'll be visiting again soon!

I've already recommended my husband stay here for his lads weekend in a couple of months, and we've been deciding when we would like to stay with our toddler for a short break in the city.

The only bad thing was the price of the pay per view movies. They were over £15! I suppose that is expected in an expensive hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Great to learn you were able to enjoy one of the major benefits of staying in Chambers, access to the Chambers Club. As you experienced firsthand, this is the most exclusive part of the hotel, accessed only by those staying in Chambers and our VIP visitors. Should your husband be returning with his friend, I would thoroughly recommend speaking with Gentlemen’s Tonic Express (the barbershop here at the hotel) and pre arranging some wet shaves for the group. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you all back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in January and found it to be one of the best Marriott group hotels I have ever stayed in. A high standard restoration of a beautiful old building combined with everything you would expect from a high end Marriott property. I am looking forward to my next visit later in the year.

Location: St Pancras mainline station, London

Reception: Staff are extremely well trained, very friendly and efficient. Check in was prompt and courteous.

Room: Large and spacious in the new build part of the property with all fittings in good condition. The usual signs of hotel wear and tear not found in this room. A large wardrobe with plenty of hangers, modern iron and board. In room safe. Excellent aircon, which was quiet. Large flat screen TV and plenty of channels to choose from.

Bathroom: Modern and well equipped, plenty of towels and amenities.

Minibar: Well stocked. Tea and coffee available in room.

Internet: Wired or WIFI available. Good connection speed, rates average prices, considering the hotel's location.

Restaurants: Plenty of high quality outlets available. Food of very high standard. Breakfast also very good.

Gym: Available with modern equipment

Spa and Pool: I did not use, but looks to be of a very high standard

Staff: All very friendly and helpful, customer focused

Room Tip: Barlow rooms are in the new build extension to the original hotel, so very modern Chambers rooms are part of the original hotel and have more character and features of the original building.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this wonderful feedback! I am always pleased to hear from our loyal Marriott customers and thrilled to learn about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your detailed but concise comments summarise the experience we are proud to offer our guests here. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a WONDERFUL hotel! We stayed here following a British Isles cruise for a few days in London. The transformation of the derelict old train station/hotel it was a few years ago into a world class hotel is amazing. The historic architecture and atmosphere has been respected and highlighted, yet all of the modern amenities you would expect from a five star hotel have been added. Service is attentive, professional and personal. Rooms are immaculate and well attended. Marbled bathrooms, luxurious towels and sheets, plush robes, complementary umbrellas are all included in the attention to detail. The restaurants and public areas are staffed with excellent servers. Breakfast was included. Be sure to see the historic Grand Staircase! Its location makes it easy to get to anywhere in London by the tube, or even the continent as the Eurostar trains can be reached right at the adjacent station. The British Library is next door. It is worth EVERY penny. Splurge on yourself…you will
not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us and consider it the best you have ever stayed at! I do hope you were able to join one of our complimentary historical tours during your stay as it sounds like something you would have found very interesting. As you say the location, makes the hotel perfect for those travelling onto mainland Europe vy Eurostar, and you may be interested to know that we offer a VIP Transfer Service for those staying in Chambers. Thanks again for your great comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We've stayed at the St Panras before - if you can dig a little deeper for one of the Chambers suites, it's a world apart from the 'business hotel' style of the Barlow rooms. We've stayed in Chambers suites on both occasions but have seen the Barlow rooms.

The service is very good, staff are attentive and polite. The only drawback really is the Chambers Club to which you have access when staying in any of the Chambers suites.

The club lounge itself is really lovely and again the staff are very attentive, however the experience of using it over the weekend is not good.Every time there is food on offer it's like a plague of locusts descend. Really unpleasant, how many canapes can you get one one plate, and more to the point how many do you really need? I guess as such as anything this is a reflection on the guests who book in for a weekend then want to get as much as they can for their money.

We will stay there again, but never at the weekend!

Room Tip: Chambers suites are the only way to go! Absolutely beautiful rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JosephandFiona

Thanks for this great feedback. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and do hope to welcome you back again in the near future!