“Amazing property and staff”

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #213 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've worked in the luxury hotel industry in the US for more than 20 years, and the St. Pancras is in the top 5 hotels I've every stayed in for service and friendliness and professionalism of the staff. The building is an amazing piece of history and architecture, and it's fantastic that it was saved from destruction. The rooms themselves are probably a "4", with excellent appointments, just more standard, newer business hotel size, look and feel.

Room Tip: Half the rooms look out on the room of the train station. It was very quiet Request a room with city...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan F
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear, (especially from an industry professional!) that you enjoyed your recent stay and consider the hotel one of the best you’ve ever stayed in! Our staff pride themselves on creating wonderful memories for our guests and so I am thrilled to hear this was certainly your experience. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

After I booked this hotel, several friends insisted that we should look for a hotel in the West End. I almost changed our plans and am so glad I didn't!
We traveled from Leeds via train, arrived at Kings Cross Station and walked across the street to the hotel. This hotel is so grand and first sight will take your breath away!
We were warmly welcomed by the staff (James was especially hospitable) and were delighted that the dining room staff remembered us each morning. Anytime we had a question or request, the staff was eager to help us.
We were able to comfortably walk to the British Museum & Covent Garden. The St. Pancras tube station is adjacent to the hotel and we were able to get anywhere in the City via the underground from this station.
An experience I especially enjoyed was sitting at one of the outside cafes in the train station and watching the people come and go from the Eurostar trains. The train station is awesome and having a small shopping mall on the ground floor is so convenient!
We stayed in the Barlow wing (room 627) and found it very spacious, relaxing, and enjoyed the amenities of a modern hotel.
Breakfast in the Ticketing Office each morning was delicious and we also enjoyed eating at several of the cafes in the train station and in the immediate neighborhood.
My only regret is that we did not take advantage of the guided tour of the hotel. Next time I come, I will definitely make time to do that.

Room Tip: We were in room 627 and found it spacious, quiet, and relaxing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janicebrad

Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and are now a convert to the Kings Cross area! As you experienced, the neighborhood has gone through a great transformation in recent years, and I do hope you were able to explore behind the hotel, on the main development site as well as visit the classic London attractions. Granary Square, is the heart of the redevelopment, offering multiple restaurants, cafes, bars and activities. Our staff pride themselves of creating wonderful memories for guests so I am pleased to hear this was certainly your experience. Thanks again for your lovely comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future (and ensure you make the most of the historical tour!)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We really enjoyed the great restaurant choices from the international train station. We had a very easy time getting around London and onto our next leg of our journey. It was so convenient and very safe. Nicely done Marriott.

Room Tip: The room we had was on the fifth floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your kind comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the location. The proximity to not just 1 but 3 national UK train stations as well as a multitude of underground lines and the Eurostar, make it the ideal base for those exploring London and beyond. Thanks again for the great comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed for one night, in what was a very average room.
Standard as you would expect for the hotel, but you could have been in any four star hotel. Disappointed with the hospitality tray of coffee sachets and long life milk jiggers for £365.00 pn!!
Building amazing and staff very attentive, drinks at the bar average price.....but £3.00 service charge added to our bill, for each drink we were served!!!!!
Would not go back again...sorry.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank milkyway1954
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am pleased to hear you were so impressed by the building and level of service provided by the staff, but am of course disappointed to read your comments regarding prices. We are proud to offer a luxury hotel experience that represents great value within the 5 star hotel market. We do charge the standard 12.5% service charge in the Booking Office but make it very clear this is a discretionary amount, and it is of course totally up to the individual as to if they pay this. Should you wish to discuss this further, please do contact our Operations Director on Edward.white@renaissancehotels.com. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you hear from you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice hotel and beautiful architecture but very basic rooms for the price. Not sure it is quite 5* but was a pleasant stay. We used the pool and spa facilities but they are far to get to from the room and we had to walk through the cafe to get there in our robes and slippers!
As others have mentioned, nice hotel but not sure if it's quite value for money or that I would return again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 9lobetrotter
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the architecture and were able to make the most of the spa. I do hope you were able to make the most of our complimentary historical tours, which really bring the history of the building to life. We do offer a range of bedrooms across the hotel, and would suggest one of our Chambers Suites (in the original part of the building) might be more to your taste. The Victorian style rooms offer a range of period features, including marble fireplaces and floor to ceiling windows. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The St. Pancras Hotel is a hotel from the time when railroads reigned supreme as a mode of transpiration. It was renovated in 2011 and they have done a extraordinary job. The public areas have very high ceilings and are capacious in size. This gives them a truly impressive and majestic appearance. The guest rooms are equally splendid.
The staff were extremely gracious and friendly. They are answered our many questions about London in detail. They also were very polite and professional in the restaurants and Chambers Club. I would like to thank Anka and Dan for excellent service.
This gem is absolutely one of Marriott's finest. I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the restoration of the building. I do hope you were able to join one of our historical tours, which are complimentary for hotel guests and offer a wonderful insight into the hotel’s history. Our staff are proud to create memorable experiences for our guests and so I am thrilled to read your comments reading the team, and thank you for highlighting Anka and Dan who were really pleased to be personally highlighted. Thanks again for these great comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business - £348 for 1 night inclusive of breakfast. Was it worth it? NO! Don't get me wrong the hotel is beautiful and ambience fantastic, however my room was fairly basic nothing special and smelt of cooking due to the BBQ going on outside, the racket from the 'concert' going on downstairs was not great and we weren't pre warned that this was taking place. Breakfast - service was very very slow not good. Would I pay for this myself? Absolutely not :( come here for coffee and cake instead and stay somewhere else

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 190748JoF

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am pleased to hear you felt the hotel was beautiful and offered a wonderful atmosphere, but am of course disappointed to read your comments regarding the event taking place. As I am sure was explained, this event was held in celebration of Renaissance Hotels’ annual Day of Discovery, in which properties around the world hosted an event to encourage guests to discover something new. Guests and visitors alike were invited to join in and watch the exclusive music performance while enjoying food and drink throughout the evening. We did make it a priority to inform all guests of the event in the lead up, sending emails to those who had booked, explaining to guests on check in as well as placing collateral in both guest bedrooms and around the hotel. We had some great feedback from hotel guests attending the event, who were delighted to be involved in the evening but I am of course sorry that it impacted on your stay. Should you wish to discuss further, I would be keen to hear from you and would encourage you to contact our Director of Operations on Edward.white@renaissancehotels.com . Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to hear from you soon.