“Best bed I have ever slept in!!”

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #199 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Cape Town
“Best bed I have ever slept in!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is a really beautiful hotel, in a fantastic location. Really handy to be a hop, skip and a jump away from the station.

Great service, friendly staff, great location, decent rooms, clean etc.

But the best thing.... the bed!! I am in love with the bed. I am going to try to put it in my suitcase and take it home with me. It is the comfiest bed I have ever slept in. The linen feels divine, the mattress is awesome. If I wasn't already married, I might have asked for this bed's hand in marriage.

The only negative thing I can say about the hotel is OMG!! it is expensive. We got a great deal through Priceline otherwise I would never have paid their standard rates. Way, way too pricey. Maybe not for people earning in Pounds and Dollars, but certainly for those of us earning in crappy currencies like ZAR.

Anyway, great hotel, great location, FANTASTIC bed. If you have the money, stay here.

Room Tip: Reception offers "last minute" specials when you check in - so I would advise you to book...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the bedding! You might be interested to know you can actually buy all the linens, duvets, bathrobes etc online via the Marriott Shop. Great to hear you got a good deal via Priceline although to clarify, the best rates are always matched and available via our own website. Thanks again for your great comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (854)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
massachusetts
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Fantastic restoration of a beautiful building and the contemporary lobby is gorgeous.

Loved the spa! Had the pool to myself for the first 15 minutes and it's very relaxing place with dimmed lighting but beware of the jets in the jacuzzi (so noisy!) Do check it out!

Stayed in the modern hotel room which was ok. Comfortable bed and quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were able to enjoy the spa while you were here. As you say, the relaxation pool is a great place to unwind and the therapists offer a range of treatments including the signature ‘journeys’ which take inspiration from the railway heritage of the building. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was a late birthday treat which was much enjoyed. The service at reception was probably the best I have ever experienced. Room was on the 7th (top) floor and was not exceptional but very nice. Really I only had two niggles - the window was very small and could not be opened which I know is what you get in most hotels now. The other thing was there were no biscuits on the tea tray! Come on guys even Holiday Inn give you free biccies. Would recommend the Booking office for a very relaxed late night drink with music that was not too loud, very chilled out. Drinks are expensive though.

Room Tip: Room 715 was very quiet, facing British Library but not much natural light.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for this great feedback! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent birthday stay with us and felt the service you received at the front desk was the best you’ve ever experienced. Great to hear you were able to enjoy a drink in the Booking Office, which as you say is the perfect venue for a nightcap (and with a 3am license on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays, an especially late nightcap!) Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Coarsegold, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've worked in the luxury hotel industry in the US for more than 20 years, and the St. Pancras is in the top 5 hotels I've every stayed in for service and friendliness and professionalism of the staff. The building is an amazing piece of history and architecture, and it's fantastic that it was saved from destruction. The rooms themselves are probably a "4", with excellent appointments, just more standard, newer business hotel size, look and feel.

Room Tip: Half the rooms look out on the room of the train station. It was very quiet Request a room with city...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonathan F
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear, (especially from an industry professional!) that you enjoyed your recent stay and consider the hotel one of the best you’ve ever stayed in! Our staff pride themselves on creating wonderful memories for our guests and so I am thrilled to hear this was certainly your experience. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After I booked this hotel, several friends insisted that we should look for a hotel in the West End. I almost changed our plans and am so glad I didn't!
We traveled from Leeds via train, arrived at Kings Cross Station and walked across the street to the hotel. This hotel is so grand and first sight will take your breath away!
We were warmly welcomed by the staff (James was especially hospitable) and were delighted that the dining room staff remembered us each morning. Anytime we had a question or request, the staff was eager to help us.
We were able to comfortably walk to the British Museum & Covent Garden. The St. Pancras tube station is adjacent to the hotel and we were able to get anywhere in the City via the underground from this station.
An experience I especially enjoyed was sitting at one of the outside cafes in the train station and watching the people come and go from the Eurostar trains. The train station is awesome and having a small shopping mall on the ground floor is so convenient!
We stayed in the Barlow wing (room 627) and found it very spacious, relaxing, and enjoyed the amenities of a modern hotel.
Breakfast in the Ticketing Office each morning was delicious and we also enjoyed eating at several of the cafes in the train station and in the immediate neighborhood.
My only regret is that we did not take advantage of the guided tour of the hotel. Next time I come, I will definitely make time to do that.

Room Tip: We were in room 627 and found it spacious, quiet, and relaxing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janicebrad
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and are now a convert to the Kings Cross area! As you experienced, the neighborhood has gone through a great transformation in recent years, and I do hope you were able to explore behind the hotel, on the main development site as well as visit the classic London attractions. Granary Square, is the heart of the redevelopment, offering multiple restaurants, cafes, bars and activities. Our staff pride themselves of creating wonderful memories for guests so I am pleased to hear this was certainly your experience. Thanks again for your lovely comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future (and ensure you make the most of the historical tour!)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We really enjoyed the great restaurant choices from the international train station. We had a very easy time getting around London and onto our next leg of our journey. It was so convenient and very safe. Nicely done Marriott.

Room Tip: The room we had was on the fifth floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your kind comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the location. The proximity to not just 1 but 3 national UK train stations as well as a multitude of underground lines and the Eurostar, make it the ideal base for those exploring London and beyond. Thanks again for the great comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night, in what was a very average room.
Standard as you would expect for the hotel, but you could have been in any four star hotel. Disappointed with the hospitality tray of coffee sachets and long life milk jiggers for £365.00 pn!!
Building amazing and staff very attentive, drinks at the bar average price.....but £3.00 service charge added to our bill, for each drink we were served!!!!!
Would not go back again...sorry.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank milkyway1954
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am pleased to hear you were so impressed by the building and level of service provided by the staff, but am of course disappointed to read your comments regarding prices. We are proud to offer a luxury hotel experience that represents great value within the 5 star hotel market. We do charge the standard 12.5% service charge in the Booking Office but make it very clear this is a discretionary amount, and it is of course totally up to the individual as to if they pay this. Should you wish to discuss this further, please do contact our Operations Director on Edward.white@renaissancehotels.com. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you hear from you in the near future.