“Wonderful”

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #209 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We held our wedding here, which was superbly organised and we would unreservedly recommend the hotel for those thinking of doing the same. Sticking to the room, we had a Chambers Suite for our wedding night and it was out of this world. Spacious, comfortable, and with a sense you were somewhere very special. Comfortable bed and great bathroom, even if absence of door for when you're using the toilet is a bit odd. Breakfast in Chambers Club great too. A great place and fantastic memories.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear your wedding ran so smoothly and the building now holds such special memories for you both. Wonderful to hear you enjoyed your night in Chambers, as you say, the range of luxury suites are perfect for wedding couples! Thank you again for these great comments and I do hope to welcome you both back (perhaps for your anniversary!) in the near future!

There are newer reviews for St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights. The location is special - obviously great for Eurostar, and there's the buzz of being close to a busy station, with a great selection of restaurants and shops. The renovations and refurbishments make for an interesting and exciting ambience. The staff's attitude is warm, helpful and attentive. We did have a problem with inaccurate advice from the concierge, but took this up in our feedback to the hotel management. The room was fine, nothing special given the price, and very poorly lit; the bathroom was better lit. Small problems with plumbing and a missing light bulb - nothing major, but at the price and the 5 star rating disappointing to find lack of attention to detail. Also, when we arrived for breakfast at the published start time we found that it was still being set up, which delayed us. All this we fed back to the management and got a prompt response. Without the location we probably wouldn't bother to use it again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this helpful feedback. Great to hear your kind comments regarding the hotel’s location and the level of service you received from the staff. I am pleased to hear my management team have already been in touch regarding your other comments and I do hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel exudes Victorian history and is worth staying at just to marvel at the architecture and decor. But, it also has a very accommodating staff and very comfortable rooms. The bars and restaurants are all great and I highly recommend eating at the acclaimed Gilbert Scott. The food is extraordinary!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JimR402
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and were especially impressed by the restoration of the building. Great to hear you were able to dine in The Gilbert Scott and would highly recommend the experience! Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for an event at the O2. Let me say immediately that the hotel is NOT near the O2 - about 35 minutes on Northern and Jubilee lines - but we have always wanted to stay once we knew it was being renovated from is previous derelict state and this was a great excuse!

On arrival we were greeted and dealt with promptly, efficiently and in a friendly manner. The reception is in what used to be the taxi area; behind this is the original ticket office which forms the bar and restaurant. Behind this is the upper level of the station where Eurostar trains arrive and depart.

Many have said this but forgive me for saying again... this is a beautifully restored building. The quality of workmanship in both the original construction and the renovation is exquisite. If nothing else, just go here to have a drink / afternoon tea and have a look around the public areas and the station terminus. If you like architecture, you will not be disappointed.

We had a standard room for one night that was extremely clean, quiet and well appointed with everything you would expect. The ensuite was in good condition and had the benefit of a shower (which we prefer to a bath) designed with the ability to turn the water on and get the temperature right before you get wet. Small things but helpful.

We returned after the event to the bar which had live DJ and a good selection of drinks. Service was excellent.

Breakfast on the Sunday is served to 12:00. After a leisurely lay-in we had an excellent breakfast with attentive service and good selection of items. A la carte options are a good choice.

Overall a good quality hotel in London that we would return to.

Room Tip: Normally we would recommend a room away from the halls but in this case the one we had (first one in...
2  Thank Richard S

Thank you for these fantastic comments! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent and chose to stay with us despite not being the closest hotel choice for the O2! Great to hear you were able to make the most of the Booking Office on your return to the hotel. With a late license until 3am on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, it makes an ideal late night venue! You may be interested to know, that as well as offering acoustic live music (from 7pm) and a DJ (from 10pm) we also host a number of larger scale music event throughout the year. Previous performers have included Kodaline, Paloma Faith, Vintage Trouble, Gavin DeGraw and Josh Kumra. Do keep an eye on our Facebook page to be kept updated on future events! Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

It is such a pleasure to stay in this hotel. It is suffused with meaning for me as someone who has travelled in and out of the station since the early 1970s. My room was good, comfortable and quiet with a view of the British Library. Service was impeccable.
Maybe as a 'tight' northerner it's the prices that I struggle with. £345 for one night ( not including breakfast) and £6.50 for my one pint of beer in the expansive lobby (also found 81p service charge added to my bill for the pleasure of having it served at my table).
If money is no object then go for it, it's a wonderful place. For those of us who are a little more parsimonious then maybe one night is all to be had.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the British Library are particularly pleasant. The first time I stayed here, i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for these great comments. I am always pleased to hear from those who used the station before the refurbishment and I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are proud to offer a luxury product and service which represents great value within the competitive 5 star hotel market. Great to learn you were able to enjoy a drink in Hansom Lounge, which you may recall actually used to be a road ! Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is in a fantastic location for travel and the sights of London. The hotel is very well appointed with excellent restaurants and cafes. The restored section of the hotel is stunning. The hotel is not cheap and for the money I was a little disappointed: the bathroom door did not shut, the shower seal was broken, the room was poorly serviced and the concierge quite business like and unfriendly. Minor things: but for the price I would expect better. Also free in-room Wi-Fi is not included and is expensive to purchase. On checking out the receptionist asked me to pay, I had pre-paid however she could not tell me if I had or hadn't paid. When I re-checked prior to leaving, she was still unable to tell me if everything was okay.

Having said that we enjoyed our stay, the pool, spa, sauna area is fantastic as are the staff there. The history tour of the hotel was brilliant and something we really enjoyed. I would choose elsewhere next time, simply for the value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for this great feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the restoration of the building and level of service provided by the staff. I am of course concerned about your comments regarding your bathroom. I would be keen to hear more about this and if you wish to discuss further, would ask you to contact our Head Housekeeper on Margus.Saareoks@renaissancehotels.com so we can investigate fully. Great to hear you were able to join the complimentary historical tour and you enjoyed it so much. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed three nights for business at this hotel. The location is fantastic for commuting throughout London.

The hotel itself if beautifully restored and directly connected to the St. Pancras rail station serving the Eurostar. I stayed in the Barlow wing and while lacking some of the historical character of the rest of the hotel, the room I occupied was the most quiet room I have ever had in London. No noise whatsoever.

The staff of this hotel is equally impressive. I needed business documents printed and saved to PDF. The concierge, Marco, was extremely helpful and ensured I had everything I needed for an important meeting.

Finally, a noted to Marriott Rewards Gold members: there are numerous negative comments on this post about benefits at this property. Initially, I was also concerned as benefits were not offered at check-in. The front of house manager, Christian Masters, quickly rectified the problem for me. The benefits package is generous in my view: full English breakfast in the hotel restaurant; afternoon coffee or tea in the lobby restaurant; free wi-fi and an afternoon beer in a rotating location. While not the expanded service of the Chambers Lounge, I found the offering to be impressive.

You will not regret a stay at this property.

Room Tip: Choose Barlow rooms for modern quiet; Chambers rooms for traditional character.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for this great feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the location and level of service provided by the staff. Thank you for personally highlighting Marco and Christian who were thrilled to be recognized. Thank you also for your comments regarding Marriott Rewards. It is always great to hear from our loyal Marriott members and I am pleased to hear you found the range of benefits on offer to be so impressive. As you say, whilst Chambers Club access is available to Platinum members, there are a variety of other great benefits available to all Marriott reward card members.Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.