“Amazing!”

St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
Ranked #193 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on a romantic get away and it was superb! The service made you feel very welcome and even though there are high standards within the hotel itself (walking in to find a live harpist playing in the background was pretty awesome) the people don't look down on customers who aren't as posh as their regulars.
You could order food to be delivered up to your room and we definitely took advantage! The food was good (not as amazing as expected from a high rated restaurant but pretty good) and the rooms were exquisite!
One thing I would change would be the late check in time as we wanted to put our luggage in the hotel as soon as we got to London but I assume that's worked out to fit the cleaning and what not. Would come back here again for sure!

• Stayed June 2014
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you and your boyfriend enjoyed your recent stay with us. As one of the most romantic buildings in London, it is the ideal location for couples! Glad you enjoyed the harpist, who is the perfect touch for those enjoying afternoon tea in Hansom Lounge. Whilst guaranteed check in is 4pm, we always encourage guests to check with the front desk on arrival in case their room is ready earlier. Equally, guests are very welcome to arrive at any time on the day of their stay and we will happily store their luggage until their room is ready. I apologise if this wasn’t better communicated. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (875)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Got a deal at £240 for one night twin room only as heading to London for a night out with friends. The location when travelling on East Coast to Kings Cross, is brilliant as its close to get ready and get out in to London early evening and not far to stagger to the next morning.

The building is beautiful and its difficult not to be excited about staying there when you approach it. Inside you get a real feel for the history and the restoration has been done well. The atmosphere is very relaxed in the reception and the staff courteous and helpful.

The room we stayed in was nice. Standard size room with twin beds, which were wider than standard singles and very comfy. I wouldn't describe it as luxurious though which is something you may expect

My friend had told the staff at check in that it was my birthday and so the hotel very kindly gave us both a glass of complimentary sparkling wine, delivered to the room, which was a really thoughtful gesture. Particularly as this is a large chain hotel.

The only niggle was the doorman who wasa little brusque when we arrived back at the hotel just after midnight and demanded to see our room ket as proof we were staying at this hotel. It might be standard practise for this hotel but never had this before. May be due to the hotels location.

Overall it was a lovely stay at a beautiful hotel and a fantastic treat.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Vic010
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent birthday stay with us and were especially impressed by the convenient location of the hotel. Our staff pride themselves on creating wonderful memories for guests so I am pleased to hear this was certainly your experience and you enjoyed the gift the team arranged for you. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Such a special stay, I didn't want to leave! We stayed in the chambers suite and it was perfect. Will definitely visit again in the future. The staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us.

The food in the booking office was great - huge portions and great value.

We also really enjoyed the cocktails.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and didn’t want to leave! Our staff pride themselves on creating memorable experiences for guests so I am pleased to hear this was certainly your experience. Great to hear you were able to spend sometime in the Booking Office and enjoyed the range of cocktails on offer. Thanks again for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay here with my family and some friend from Lugano. If you are a Marriott Gold + reward member the complimentary services are outstanding not to mention the special service. The hotel is superbly well located for traveling within London and if taking the Eurostar.

Food is very good but not outstanding and somewhat pricey. The Spa is a great add on.

I highly recommend this 5 star property and what a beautiful building.

Call out for Leon our waiter at the Ticket office bar. Wonderful service. Many thanks

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ivan P
Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback. I am always delighted to hear from our loyal Marriott Reward Card members and I’m happy to hear you feel the services we offer are outstanding. Thank you also for highlighting Leon, who was thrilled to be recognised. Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
London
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed only very briefly for one night before catching the Eurostar to Paris. It was great for that and even our basic room in the new section was fine. Good breakfast in the morning too (waffles, eggs Benedict). However the hotel is v expensive. They give you a free tour if you stay but the tour (usually £20 pp) is only at the weekends so for us staying on a Friday it was no good. The hotel should review this policy as we'd be interested in the tour and the history of this stunning building.

Stayed August 2014
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for this great feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. As you say, the location makes it the perfect stopover for those heading onto continental Europe via Eurostar. You may be interested to know, that for those staying in Chambers, we actually offer a complimentary VIP Transfer Service, to make the ‘suite to seat’ experience that much more convenient and luxurious. Thank you for your comments on the historical tours, which is something that is currently under consideration. I am pleased to hear our new breakfast menu items were well received and do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Definitely not a 5 star hotel. Upgraded our room which ended up costing us £525 for the room for one night. Room OK but no outstanding features or amenities, basic.

When watching the TV a mouse ran across the room. Now I know that this is not the hotels fault but given the fact that my daughter and I were terrified needless to say there was no sleep done. We never contacted reception as we were both hysterical and at 11pm at night the only thing they could have done was move us to another room which would not have helped as I would not have been convinced that there was not a mouse in that room!

Upon checking out my husband mentioned it to reception who got a senior member of staff out. They asked my husband why he had not contacted reception and on him explaining the above all she said was that she would get an engineer up to the room. Who knows what an engineer was going to do! Made to feel it was more our fault for not contacting them the nought before. Felt as if the complaint was not dealt with.

Apart from that I feel the hotel is basic and definitely not worth the money. We ate breakfast in the chambers club which had not a great choice.

Only good thing about hotel was the closeness to train station

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Basherb
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your understanding in regards to the issue itself. I am sorry to hear you felt the Front Desk team could have handled the situation better and whilst I appreciate that you may not have wanted to move rooms late at night, had my team known about the incident, they would have ensured a smooth room transfer and helped to make you feel quickly settled. I am pleased to confirm that we have engaged specialist contractors to carry thorough inspection of the entire floor and have found no further evidence of unwelcome visitors to the hotel. Regardless, should you wish to discuss the matter further, our Operations Director, would be very keen to hear from you on Edward.White@renaissancehotels.com. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the disruption to your stay and we hope to hear from you soon.
Durham UK
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I am a Marriott Platinum member & have stayed in some pretty nice properties but this one is up with the best.
It is in a great setting above St Pancras station & is perfect for being able to access London via the Underground.
The only slight drawback is that it is more often than not very expensive to stay here however in future I will always check rates at this hotel for my weekly trip to London on the off chance that sensible rates are on offer

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for this great feedback. I am always pleased to hear from our loyal Marriott members, and am delighted to hear you consider St Pancras one of the best hotels you have stayed in. As you say the proximity to the station and multiple underground lines, makes it the perfect location for exploring London and beyond. Do keep an eye on both the website and our social media channels to be kept updated on our special offers. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.