3,841 results
All reviews chambers club booking office st pancras barlow wing gilbert scott chambers room iconic building train station beautiful hotel new wing british library junior suite afternoon tea kings cross brick wall steam room five star hotel
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel the night before taking the Eurostar. Hotel itself is very impressive, lovely building and good food. Very convenient for the station, and lots of helpful members of staff waiting to assist you.

Two experiences that were disappointing given the rating of this hotel. Firstly, one of the rooms we booked had a rollout bed, and no duvet was provided - although we could have asked at this level you shouldn't have to.

Secondly, at breakfast we were mostly ignored by the staff, had to ask for tea/coffee and generally did not feel well looked after. In addition, by the time we checked out breakfast had not been added to the bill so we had to wait whilst this was done

Would definitely stay again but a little more care in some areas would've have made this 5 rather than 4.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the location, restoration of the building and the quality of food served in the Booking Office. I am of course sorry to hear about the issue with the bed. Our Head Housekeeper would be keen to investigate what happened here, so should you be willing to discuss further, please do contact him on Margus.Saareoks@renaissancehotels.com. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed for two nights at the St Pancras Rennaisance (July 2014). Main reason for choosing the hotel was location, as it is next to the St Pancras Station (nice shopping mall and Eurostar) and King Cross Station, the busiest train station in Europe. This is an amazing property! Classy, pretty to look at, and very well kept. Many movies have been filmed in its beautiful premises. You may recognize a piece or two of Hogwarts from the Harry Potter movies. Employees are very efficient. Got there early, but they still managed to accomodate us to a large room with an incredible bed...The spa is quite nice also. You will feel like royalty here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a street view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the restoration of the building. As you say, this has not gone un noticed within the creative industries, and many film and music videos have been shot on location (you may have recognized the Grand Staircase from the Spice Girls first ever music video !) Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We love staying in old grand hotels and this one did not disappoint! Excellent from check-in to check out! Great staff, lovely and delicious food with staff that actually remember your likes from the previous day. We stayed in the newer section of the hotel and the room was quite large and extremely comfortable although we did not have a view, it did not matter as we arrived late at night after touring the city and bathed and went right to a very comfortable bed.

We took the hotel tour (about 60 minutes) and was amazed at the history. The hotel sits on top of a train station with a shopping mall as well. There are a lot of things to do nearby and eating as well. The transportation is also quite close as car rental facilities.

We will definitely stay again, we loved the attention and the staff was great! Thank you for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and, as a grand hotel aficionado, you were so impressed by the building! Great to hear you were able to experience one of our historical tours, which as you say, really bring the building’s past to life. Thanks again for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for one night (points) on our way to Whitstable. It happened to be my birthday and my wife wrote a note to the Hotel without my knowing it. She had to let on when we went into the room and there was a large piece of cake with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate. Very nice touch.

All of the staff, from the concierge to the lounge, were excellent and helpful. The room in the new side of the property was very nice and large.

We will back the next time in London, hopefully for more than one night.

Room Tip: Great place to stay if arriving/departing on Thalys or Eurostar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were impressed by the birthday treat arranged for you. Our staff pride themselves on creating wonderful memories for guests and so I am pleased to hear this was certainly your experience. As you say, with closed proximity to 3 mainline stations and multiple tube lines, the hotel’s location is ideal for those exploring London or travelling to other parts of the UK. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on a romantic get away and it was superb! The service made you feel very welcome and even though there are high standards within the hotel itself (walking in to find a live harpist playing in the background was pretty awesome) the people don't look down on customers who aren't as posh as their regulars.
You could order food to be delivered up to your room and we definitely took advantage! The food was good (not as amazing as expected from a high rated restaurant but pretty good) and the rooms were exquisite!
One thing I would change would be the late check in time as we wanted to put our luggage in the hotel as soon as we got to London but I assume that's worked out to fit the cleaning and what not. Would come back here again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you and your boyfriend enjoyed your recent stay with us. As one of the most romantic buildings in London, it is the ideal location for couples! Glad you enjoyed the harpist, who is the perfect touch for those enjoying afternoon tea in Hansom Lounge. Whilst guaranteed check in is 4pm, we always encourage guests to check with the front desk on arrival in case their room is ready earlier. Equally, guests are very welcome to arrive at any time on the day of their stay and we will happily store their luggage until their room is ready. I apologise if this wasn’t better communicated. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.