3,869 results
All reviews chambers club booking office st pancras barlow wing gilbert scott chambers room iconic building train station beautiful hotel new wing british library junior suite afternoon tea kings cross brick wall steam room five star hotel
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here for one night in March... I liked the hotel so much that I came back after two weeks and spent another night before heading back to the states. I used Marriott reward points for both of my stays, otherwise it would be two expensive - £300 per night for the cheapest room! One highlight of this hotel is the Chambers Club, whose access can be purchased upon request (without having to stay in the more expensive suites in the Chambers wing). Also suite upgrades are offered beforehand (or at checkin) so it actually made the rate cheaper than booking the suites online. The club is located inside the historic wing of the hotel, the decor is gorgeous, and there are a lot of options for afternoon tea snacks and hors d'oeuvres. Breakfast was generous and the food was very delicious! The hotel itself is an unparalleled piece of artwork. The architecture is simply, marvelous, and cannot be described by words. The hotel is connected to St. Pancras station so it is a good choice for travelers on Eurostar and there are a lot of shops and restaurants inside the station that offer a cheaper alternative to the hotel food for the same quality. Nevertheless, the hotel restaurant provides a classy atmosphere to the food. The tube station is readily accessible as well. There is even a Fortnum and Mason store on the ground floor! Only downside about the hotel is the internet. The connection doesn't seem to work quite well when I stayed there, probably because the hotel is too big.. or too old? Overall this is the best hotel (also the best Marriott property) I've stayed in London so far!

Room Tip: The view is really limited (some doesn't even have a view but the hotel and the station's rooftop)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were particularly impressed by your experience in the Chambers Club. Great to hear you were able to explore the station and I do hope you were able to see some of the wider local area too? Kings Cross is fast becoming London’s hottest neighbourhood, offering hotel guests a multitude of bars, restaurants, shops, museums and exhibitions on their very doorstep! Thank you again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The exterior of the hotel is awe-inspiring and the refurbishment has clearly been meticulously executed - and hats off to all those involved because the end result is a total credit to everyone.

The reception area is wonderfully spacious and airy. Lots of meetings were going on and it is also a favoured place for well-known people given the number of 'celebrities' that we spotted.

We were upgraded to an executive room in the 'modern' part of the hotel. The room was huge but still lacked sufficient clothes-hanging space we felt. The bathroom was disproportionately small but otherwise very good.

We ate in the Gilbert Scott Restaurant with some friends who came to meet us. It was a special occasion but sadly the service let the place down. The sommelier could not be found and when we did eventually order our wine, we did not receive it until our main course. Also, if you want to have a pre-dinner drink, the bar next to the restaurant gets very busy and a table cannot be guaranteed so either one has to drink at the restaurant table or elsewhere in the hotel. The food itself was very good.

Breakfast is excellent although it was explained to us that one can have one item from the cooked breakfast menu without seemingly being charged extra for it. The range of breakfast goods is very wide and encompassing.

One major criticism: this is a 5* hotel and I really do not expect to have to pay for wifi when it's available for free at the coffee shop down the road. Poor service.

A very impressive hotel with lots of incredible original features but it misses the target on some important points.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hutch38

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were particularly impressed by the refurbishment of the building and the public areas. I am of course sorry to hear there were some issues with dinner at The Gilbert Scott. Their management team would be very keen to hear from you about this so should you wish to discuss further, please do contact the Restaurant Manager on chantellenicholson@marcuswareingrestaurants.com so she can investigate. Thank you again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel as a treat for our wedding anniversary and we weren't disappointed. The service from check in to check out was exemplary,all the staff were efficient and very professional and also polite and welcoming. The hotel itself is an impressive building and the standard throughout is excellent. We had breakfast and lunch in the Booking Office restaurant which was delicious. We cannot fault this hotel and would definately recommend it. The location is great too,very close to stations and underground. Looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your anniversary experience with us and do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one night before our trip on Eurostar as a special treat.

The hotel was kept to a very high standard as you would expect and the rooms were very luxurious. We swam in the pool on our stay which is fairly small but was not busy. In each of the rooms there was a history of the hotel which was interesting.

The disappointment for us was the food and cocktails at the ticket office. For the high cost the quality and service did not represent good value for money and was disappointing for a 5* establishment.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TeamStewartLees

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you were so impressed by the hotel and enjoyed the ‘bedtime stories’ placed in the bedroom, which really help bring the history of the hotel to life. I do hope you were able to join one of the historical tours, which are led by a professional guide and help guests better explore the building. I am of course disappointed to read your comments regarding the Booking Office. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience and should you wish to discuss further would ask you to contact our Operations Director on Edward.White@renaissancehotels.com so we can fully investigate. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights after Eurostar cancelled at Easter. Expensive at £400 per night, but gorgeous interior and beautiful room were very welcome. Arrived late and exhausted, so we didn't understand that breakfast was in the Chambers area. We were sent away by staff in the 'Booking Office' because we hadn't booked breakfast, although we were standing next to the Chambers door and showed them our room number. Left the hotel and had breakfast elsewhere, only to discover the mistake later - no breakfast at £400 per night?? Mentioned this on checking out and again by letter to the hotel but received no reply. Not good follow up and well below standard for a hotel of this supposed calibre. Otherwise, the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank P S

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear we were able to accommodate you after your last minute train cancellation and you were so impressed by the renovation of the building. I am sorry to hear about the confusion at breakfast. As you are now aware, those staying in Chambers are afforded a number of benefits, including access to the exclusive Chambers Club which serves complimentary breakfast as well as afternoon tea and evening canapés and a range of drinks throughout the day. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience and would ask that you contact our Operations Director on Edward.White@renaissancehotels.com so we can fully investigate. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to hear from you soon.