3,809 results
All reviewschambers clubbooking officest pancrasbarlow winggilbert scottchambers roomiconic buildingtrain stationbeautiful hotelnew wingbritish libraryjunior suiteafternoon teakings crosssteam roomfive star hotelpublic areas
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I stayed here for a business trip. The hotel is conveniently located above Eurostar and King Cross Tube stop. This helped me as I was visit Paris that week. There are also shops downstairs. The rooms were clean with new renovations. The 24/7 gym was bigger than expected for a city hotel. I would stay here again with y family.

Room Tip: Request Room Overlooking the station.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Quills G
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Cant really put it any better than the previous post. The hotel is nice in common areas, if a bit dark. The Barlow wing rooms are very poor, even though I had a superior.

The location is great and if you can get a room in the older part of the hotel, thats fine. Don't buy a room in the Barlow wing, simply not worth it.

The spa is average, not worth visiting purely for that.

I ordered room service which was cold. Overall very underwhelmed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Anne L, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Nick K,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologize for having let you down during your visit with us. We are all about creating memorable experiences and I see that we clearly did fall short on meeting you - or our - expectations on this occasion.

Please rest assured that we will investigate this further and take appropriate action with the concerning teams.

We would be delighted to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and please do not hesitate to contact us directly prior and we will assist you with any requests.

Once again, thank you for your time and for bringing this to our attention.

Anne

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I went to the Hudson lounge for afternoon tea with a group of four people. I was the only vegan in the group and so am reviewing the food based on that but I was very happy with the afternoon tea.
We had our own server that explained the menu in depth and the service was brilliant. My food was really good. The sandwiches were a good mix of vegan fillings and all very nice. The scones and coconut cream were amazing and the sweet puddings were delicious, especially the chocolate and coconut mousse. I would have given it five stars but I would have liked to have had a cake to try with on the sweet puddings section of the tea. That said the puddings on offer were all very nice.
We were able to take our time and spend a great relaxed afternoon enjoying the food and good tea selection. The hotel itself is beautiful and added to the enjoyment of the experience.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Great building. Can't say more than that because when we went to check in for the night after a spontaneous late night in London, we were asked for photo id. I gave photo id, but it wasn't the "right" photo id. So at 1am we were back out on the streets of London looking for a place to stay.
Fortunately the Pullman hotel up the road grasped the idea of customer service, so we enjoyed a good night's sleep there.

The moral of this story? Be careful when you are being spontaneous and always carry your passport, even when in your own capital city, just in case you want to book a room in a Renaissance. That's not something we'll be trying again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Anne L, Guest Relations Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear ian_pascal,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are priding ourselves of the highest standards of service and in particular caring and genuine approach to our guests enquiries.
Your comments in regards to your recent experience have caused concern on our side and we would like to assure you to investigate this further.

Please accept our apologies and we will contact you directly to obtain more details.

Once again thank you for your time and I am looking forward to talking to you.

Maira
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I had the misfortune of being allocated a room in the Barlow wing. This is essentially a standard hotel tacked on the back of an otherwise fantastic building. The room itself was bog-standard. The last time I stayed in such a room was in a Holiday Inn, which was £250 per night cheaper. Admittedly it wasn’t conveniently located for St Pancras! This was my most disappointing Marriott experience to date. Everything had been stripped back - not even a biscuit on the welcome tray. Not sure if I’m glad I upgraded to a superior room, anything smaller (is that possible?) and I would have walked out. Everything in the room was ok so not sure what made it superior. There are lots of equally comfortable and far cheaper rooms nearby. If you want the experience of staying here don’t accept rooms in the Barlow wing, and don’t complain that you haven’t been warned!

Room Tip: Don’t do it!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Anne L, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear BluePeterGeorge,

Thank you for having shared your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that we haven't been able to meet your expectations on your last stay with us and as we pride ourselves of delivering excellent experiences, please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you wish to provide us with more details and we will be delighted to restore your trust in our property.

Anne