“Very convenient, basic but good value”

Point A Hotel, London Westminster
Ranked #429 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Very convenient, basic but good value”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Clean and compact room, very basic but at £45 per night for a double room great value. It was literally a 1 minute walk to tube station ( Lambeth North) which made things really easy for us to get to all the places in London we wanted to visit with minimum fuss. Before check in / after checkout we could leave our bags in hotel for £2.50 which allowed us to go shopping for hours before checking in / collecting our bags to leave.

Have stayed at Kings Cross Tune and my friend that came with me has stayed at Liverpool Street Tune. We both agreed that the hotel rooms and shower sizes are much more generous in size and in better condition but that Westminster is better with regards to location...depends what your priority is really as the prices are very similar

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your and your friends loyalty to Tune Hotels and for also trying out Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, gave top marks for our location and found us as great value!

I was also very glad to read that you found our luggage storage convenient as it definitely enables our Guests to make the most of their time without the hassle of having to carry the luggage.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Tune Westminster, alternatively why not try out Tune Hotel Paddington!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Was very impressed with the location. The hotel is right across the road from Lambeth North tube station and a short 5 minute stroll to the Thames River, London Eye and Houses of Parliament. There are plenty of decent restaurants in the vicinity. The room was very small but that was to be expected. If you don't plan on spending much time at the hotel then Tune is an excellent option. The bed was slightly uncomfortable though - you could feel the springs underneath. Definitely good value for money in London.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a window and as high up the building as possible. Note however there is no lift t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at Tune Hotel Westminster.
I was delighted to read that you found us as an excellent option for travellers and rated us good value for money in London.

Our central location gives indeed easy access to the popular places of interest, dining and entertainment on the Thames, glad you enjoyed it!

We are very proud of our 5* Hypnos mattresses, therefore it was disappointing to read that you found the bed slightly uncomfortable.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again change the “very good” stay for the “excellent” one.

Cockermouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Cant understand why people are still complaining about tiny rooms or "space efficent" as the hotel call it. Why would you travel to london to spend time in a hotel room?? Clean and modern and great location. Stayed at the kings cross one last year. Prefer this one better location and 10 metere from tube station.... staff and really friendly and always speak as you enter and leave the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for leaving your supportive review.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your time in London and of course your stay with Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was especially pleased to read your comments towards the friendly staff, our service is definitely a corner stone of the hotel and it is very motivating for us to see that our efforts and services are appreciated by our guests!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Sure you can kinda hear the train at night. But it's a very low rumble. Wouldn't wake you up. The rooms are simple but nice even though I hadn't chose one with a windows. You get what you pay for. It was cheap and very close to the city center.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your “nice and simple” review of your stay at Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was glad to read that you had a very good stay with us and found it very affordable in the Westminster area.

Our rooms without no windows are indeed cheaper option for the budget travellers and thank you for reassuring our future Guests that it won`t affect a good night sleep in the comfy beds.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Tiny room, no tea or coffee in the room, bathroom was too small to use the bathmat, I could only find one plug, the bed was incredibly uncomfortable (and there wasn't enough room to walk around it) - for £120 it was pretty grim. They charged extra for everything (eg using the television).

Stayed November 2013
9 Thank Cliona O
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for leaving your review.
I was disappointed to read you were not aware of our concept and found your stay uncomfortable and expensive.

Tune Hotels operate on a limited service concept; we try to cut all the extra costs and offer a basic accommodation in a central location, however, clean and safe rooms with comfortable beds and power showers are guaranteed.

Not everybody requires the add-ons, therefore we are giving our customers an opportunity to design their own stay and choose only the add-ons needed.

Tea and coffee facilities are available at the reception 24/7 and we also have Costa Coffee just next door.

We also believe our rates are very competitive in the Westminster area, as can be seen from many previous reviews and comments; for the cheapest rates we always advise to book as early as possible.

Thank you once again for your comments, hopefully your review will be a reference for our future Guests.

UK
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was my first time in a Tune hotel and it does have a certain appeal: the simple bright branding, unpretentious nature and the way its really strips out everything unnecessary to get back the basics of simple room to stay in for the night.

However its far from great. My first impression was poor, as on check I was asked not only to prove my booking (which was fine) but also I was asked for payment when I knew the room had been pre-paid. Eventually the receptionist did find proof of my payment but it was unnerving that I was told the room hadn't been paid for - I suspect there was something underhand going on here.

Then on to the room. First impression - its small - very, very small - only just room for the bed really. No desk, so you can't work there. The quality of the room decor, furnishing and cleanliness is pleasant enough - no complaints - but I wouldn't want to spend more than a night in such a small space.

On the plus side though, the bed is comfy and room has air con.

Probably the worst aspect is the noise - the sound of doors banging, people in the stair well and other rooms is pretty awful and I was woken at 6 am as a result. Also the noise of the ventilation unit (even with the air con switched off) is always there - its not quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank TarquiniusUk
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments.

I was sorry to hear that you didn`t enjoy your stay with us, found the rooms too small and were disturbed by the noise.

We agree that the sizes are space-efficient, therefore we are very honest and upfront about it on our website and through any queries to avoid surprises upon arrival.
By cutting the extra size we are keeping the room costs to a minimum so that Guests can enjoy key aspects like our wonderful Westminster location, clean rooms and comfy beds. I am glad to read that you did highlight these points and found them satisfying.

I do apologies for the misunderstanding about the payment, we have retrained the staff to avoid it happening again.

Please be assured that we have also adjusted the doors to minimise the banging noise and all our staff are carrying out security checks to ensure that no ones sleep is disturbed.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and to offer you a quality stay,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I choose to stay at the Tune Westminster. As I was arriving late, I tried to call but had no reply so was anxious about checking in. Check- In nice and easy. Room clean and spartan as I expected, small but what do you need when all you want is to sleep.
Westminster Tune is easy to get to, right by Lamberth North Station and on the 59 and the 159 route. Due to its proximity to the underground I could hear the trains till they stopped as I was on LOWER GROUND in a room with no windows to keep the cost to a minimum.
Bed Comfy, had a nice sleep till, I WAS WOKEN UP BY THE SMELL OF SOMEONE SMOKING! I am not a smoker so I notice smoke very quickly. I rang reception and they offered to investigate.
ON leaving I was told "NO one was smoking" I argued that I had smelt smoke defiantly and being on the lower ground it disturbed me that the ALARMS did not go off. I got again, but no one was smoking. I suspect it was an employee in this case.
I will not let this put me off.
GO with everything, towels, soap as you are staying EXTRA BUDGET.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for leaving your comments.

I was glad to read that all in all you had a good stay with us and rated so highly our central location, clean rooms and comfy beds – all our important key factors.

I do have to say I was very disappointed to read that your sleep was disturbed by the smell of a cigarette. My colleagues indeed investigated the matter and confirmed back that they did not find anybody smoking.
However, thank you for your comments, we did act upon them and put extra measures in practise to ensure our Guests safety and comfort.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again so that we could provide you with the full Tune comfortable stay.