“Compact but ideal if you just want somewhere to sleep”

Point A Hotel, London Westminster
Ranked #450 of 1,067 Hotels in London
MK
“Compact but ideal if you just want somewhere to sleep”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this hotel as we were travelling to London for a friends 40th birthday and just needed somewhere central to stay as cheaply as possible. The room was tiny, smaller than we thought, even though we knew it was going to be compact, but it was clean and had everything we needed. We showered, got changed and then left for out evening out. Got back to the room in the early hours of the morning, few hours sleep, shower dress and off for breakfast at a nearby Wetherspoons. I would have been upset if we'd had to pay lots for a hotel, we barely used the room so in this instance it was perfect. I would use the hotels again for similar excursions but for longer stays or stays where I think I'll spend more time in the room I'd look for something bigger. If you're after a good location for a small outlay this is the place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Relax_at_the_pool
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for the birthday celebration resting spot and for sharing your experience.

It was a pleasure to read that you found the hotel ideal for the purpose of your stay and that even though the room was smaller than expected, it was very clean and included everything necessary for the night at very affordable rate.

Glad to hear that you would use Tune hotels again, Westminster team is definitely looking forward your return visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We visited the hotel for new years eve 2013 and the hotel did exactly what it says on the tin. A small, clean friendly hotel near the london eye. Thanks for a great stay will be booking again. New years eve in london was great fun and the atmosphere was fantastic. When we got bk to thr hotel we had a nice hot drink from the vending machines. We were surprised how quite the hotel was considering there was thousands of people outside.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your New year`s Eve stay with us, it was our pleasure to host you.

I am glad to read that you had a fun night out and enjoyed London`s atmosphere on this special evening. Even more pleased that we met all your expectations and provided you with a good night sleep, even on the nosiest night of the year!

Thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at the Tune's Hotel Kings Cross last year. The rooms were small, but it was perfect for two persons. Because of the fact that my stay there was excellent, I decided to chose a Tune Hotel again, but this time the one next to the Lambeth North station.

I have to say that the location is perfect. The costa coffee shop is right next to the hotel. A perfect possibility to grab a coffee and start your day.

Unfortunately I was a bit disappointed this time. The room was way too tiny for two people. I could barely move. The door to the bathroom was broken and therfor, everytime a shower was taken, the hole ground was wet and slivery.
For this time of the year (december) the room was way too cold! I had to wear a pullover, long pants and socks to sleep. We asked at the reception if there was something wrong with the heating. The staff was very rude and told us to look for a different hotel if we can't live with that.

The room gets only cleaned every 3 day, what was a bit unexpected, because I have been to a lot of hotels and not used to a service like that. I bought two extra towels but they took them away from our room when it was cleaned. However...

But what is more is the firealarm. I don't know what is wrong with it. Also at the Kings Cross Tune Hotel the firealarm started randomly 5 times in 3 days! This time the firealarm started every night! Everytime it startet me and my partner ran out of the room to the reception. It was everytime the same "Everything's fine sorry." This is a absolut no-go for your guests! You totally have to fix this!!!

All in all it is a cute hotel that has modern rooms. You have to be prepared that it is a you pay for what you get hotel. I can't recommend this hotel for a long stay (7+ days)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank aleexis09
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments of your stay at Tune Hotel Westminster.
I was pleased to read that you found our location perfect! It really is conveniently located both for sightseeing or for business.

Our air conditioning can be controlled up to 3 degrees in the room, however, if it`s still too hot or too cold, it can be changed from the reception at any time. I am very surprised of the attitude of the staff, please be assured that this is not our usual standards and they all work hard to ensure that every guest has a comfortable stay.

I do apologies for the issue with the bathroom and with the alarm going off , we have looked into these matters already.

We hope you would visit us again so that we could show you our improvements and provide you with a quality stay.

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights after leaving a hostel dorm room. It was very small but clean and comfortable. I got a "comfort pack" for 2 nights which included internet, tv, towel etc. It cost £10 per night but it was worth it. People have written on here that this hotel didn't have tea or coffee in the room and other petty complaints but if you actually read what you are booking and understand the concept of these hotels, it makes sense. You pay for what you need. Full stop, end of story.

It's right across the road from Lambeth North tube stop on the Bakerloo line and 6 minutes walk from Waterloo tube stop. 24 hour Costcutter across the road, Spar down the street and a pub next door. Costa coffee next door, too. A perfect location.

I thought it was great but I was alone. It would become a bit trying if there were two people in the room as it is very small.

Also, if you're coming to London to spend all of your time in your hotel room... You probably need to reevaluate your priorities.

Room Tip: I has a room with windows which faced the street. Loud with the window open but quiet with it closed...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your 3 night stay at Tune Hotel Westminster with TripAdvisor.

I was thrilled to read that we ticked all the boxes and provided you with everything needed for a quality stay in London.
I agree, our location really can’t be beaten – nestled in Westminster with easy access to many famous sights, restaurants, shops and two underground stations!

Special thank you for supporting our concept! Looking forward to your next visit.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The best of the hotel are their new tidy rooms. It was nice to start the day with a good coffee in the coffee shop next to it and walk just 5 meters to the underground station. And finish the day with a pint of beer at the pub next to it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for leaving your 5 out of 5 review.

It was my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location and local ameninties so conveninet thoughout the day.

Tune Hotel Westminster is looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night after a long flight from Australia. Liked the location of the hotel walking distance to Westminister and tube stations. Hotel had luggage room which was good. Rooms are tiny but okay for the one night sleep

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for a night stay and for leaving your comments.

It was our pleasure to host you on your first night in the UK and I was glad to read that you liked our central location and found our luggage storage convenient.
We are indeed perfectly located in the heart of London and tube and bus stops nearby make travelling a breeze.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in December, this is in a perfect location just 5 mins walk from waterloo station and right next to Lambeth North tube.

The hotel entrance is wedged in next to the Costa Coffee and Horse and Stables pub, its a small door so do look out for it.

Perfect location as it is close to transport links, coffee shop next door and a pub, across the road is a chicken/chip shop, a 24/7 shop, Chinese takeaway and around the corner for breakfast the Enough to Feed An Elephant café does fab big food at good prices.

I stayed in room 509 which looks out onto Baylis Road, the rooms are small as you expect with Tune however the bed was super comfy with storage space underneath, the toilet/shower room cosy but with enough room and the shower was great, not fantastic pressure but you don't need a super harsh shower in a small space (!).

There is a drop down shelf with 2 electric plug points at bottom of bed, deep windowsill and a couple of shelves with hanging space by mirror so all in all a small room but plenty of room to hide stuff away.

Should you not wish to use the charge by use hairdryer just bring your own travel one and use the plugs.

The rooms come with air con and this is useful as the room did get a little bit warm overnight, it is super quiet. The hotel overall is very quiet, occasional talking noise as people leave rooms but this is no party hotel.

Hotel staff super friendly and helpful and there is always someone on reception to help you with your queries. Plenty of tourist info available.

This is a pay as you go hotel, towel bundle with soap and shampoo in photo was 2.00 sterling, tv for the whole of my stay 12.00 sterling, in room safe 3.00 for your stay (I didn't use and had to prop the door shut) wifi is 4.00 for 24 hours or unlimited for 12.00 sterling.

I paid for a late check out of 1pm and this cost me 15.00 sterling.

Overall great location, very clean, tidy, comfy, great staff and I highly recommend. I will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 509 is on the top floor of the hotel for the lifts, it looks out onto Baylis Road so you get a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful and thorough review of your recent stay at Tune Hotel Westminster, which will be definitely a good reference for our future Guests!

I am delighted to read that we were able to provide you with a great stay and that you found the hotel excellent on every aspect.

Thank you also for highlighting the friendly service from the reception staff, whose motive is to ensure that all our guests not only enjoy their stay at the hotel but also can take advantage of everything London has to offer to take back home some wonderful memories.

Thank you for recommending us so highly, we truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.