“Clean, convenient, & Great Staff”

Point A Hotel, London Westminster
Ranked #393 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Room was very clean and the shower was really hot. This hotel is really conveniently located, right next to the Lambeth North underground stop, literally a 30 second walk from the stop. Rooms can be a bit small, but I had an amazing view of the London eye (room 610).

The best part though for me was the front desk staff, especially Alessandro, Mari Carmen, and Seleuge. As a business traveler, just staying in London for a few nights, it was nice to talk to them about local activities and what to do/ visit. They are very friendly, welcoming, and try their best to make guests feel at home. They all deserve praise and a raise - first rate service.

Room Tip: Room 610 has a good view of London eye.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aki K
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic comments of your stay with Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location convenient, room clean and the shower hot.

I am very pleased to hear that your experience of the team was especially notable and that Alessandro, Mari-Carmen and Selenge helped to contribute towards a positive experience with us.

Glad to hear that the view to London Eye added even more value to your stay, Westminster team is looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We needed an inexpensive hotel at short notice in Westminster, and the Tune came out really well on Tripadvisor, though we were warned about the size of the rooms! The location is good - maybe 10 mins' walk from Big Ben; under 10 mins' walk from the South Bank. I booked through Expedia and I'm glad I did because it turned out that otherwise, we'd have had to pay a small extra charge for things like towels and TV - I'd have been a bit dis-chuffed to have found this out on arrival. The staff were helpful and friendly. The room was cleverly designed to fit everything you need into a small space, and was very clean. Shower only; no bath. No coffee making facilities in the room though.The most annoying thing was that the clothes hanging rail was set above the full-length mirror, so once you'd hung up all your clothes, the mirror was rendered useless. The air-con worked well and though we were facing onto a busy street, the double-glazing kept the noise out and we slept well. We did find, however, that we were falling over one another a bit when trying to unpack, etc, so the compact size of the room made it work OK for one night, but I'd think twice about spending more than a couple of nights there - we'd definitely have wanted somewhere bigger. But let's face it, you could get pretty darned terrible accommodation in London for Tune's budget prices, so any comments about the smallness of the rooms is just nit-picking really - to be fair, it was one of the most decent, good value places I've stayed in London. Ooh - mustn't forget to say - there was a coffee bar downstairs - a Costa, I think - but we didn't use that. Instead we went to Barbarella's Cafe, which is at 141 Lower Marsh, SE1 7AE (Google 'Barbarella's Waterloo' to find it) - turn right on exiting the hotel, head off down the pavement and it's in one of the streets on the right - you can't miss it. We had a fantastic breakfast there for under £6 each. So: we would stay in the Tune Hotel again, but only for a night or two, and we would deffo pay a return trip to Barbarella's.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Polly B
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

It was really great to hear that you chose us based on the comments on TripAdvisor, that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you decided to share your own experience with our future potential guests.

I was delighted to read that you found us value for money, the room clean and staff friendly.

Thank you for pointing out that even though the rooms are space-efficient, they are cleverly designed to include all the necessities for a good night stay and sleep.

OTA indeed includes the comfort package, however Tune website gives customers flexible cancellation policy and the option to save from the add-ons they are not going to use.

Thank you also for recommending Barbarellla`s, it`s perfect for those who are looking for a hearty English breakfast or fish & chips lunch.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I enjoyed that this hotel was right in Westminster and convenient to everything. It is less than 5 minutes to the waterloo station, and a 10-15 min walk to the attractions in westminster and to the south bank. The room itself was super cramped, but everything was really clean so I didn't mind. The bathroom is also tiny and water gets out of the shower area onto the floor.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for feedback of your recent stay with Tune Hotel Westminster.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our central location excellent and convenient for everything, myself and most of our customers couldn’t agree more with you!

Thank you also for pointing out our cleanliness, it is a great motivator for the housekeeping team to see that their hard work is appreciated and noticed.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel is 5 or so minutes walk from Big Ben, and is next to Lambeth North tube (Bakerloo line). An excellent location for seeing all London has to offer. We walked home every night - the area is safe enough and we never had any bother getting around.

The hotel is budget, but very clean, and quiet enough so you can get a good sleep. The room is small, so if you want to use the room for anything other than sleeping you might find it a little cramped. But for us it was fine as we used it as a base.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G_J_228

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for leaving your 5* review!

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be a perfect base for discovering London.

Thank you also for pointing out that even though we have budget hotels rates, we do not compromise in areas like cleanliness and comfort, which are important for every quality stay.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We specifically picked this location as we were staying in London for 2 days over Christmas. Having been to London once during Christmas, we learnt that public transportation is closed on Dec 25th. Staying at this Tune hotel gave us easy walking access around London. It was less than 10 minutes walk to Big Ben and the London Eye, and from there we could walk to many other attractions. The Costa Coffee just below the hotel and open for business on X'mas day was a nice surprise we did not expect!

The hotel is also across the street from a tube station and bus stops are close by. There's a convenient store across from the hotel and some eateries on the same street too.

Hotel check in was fast and easy. We booked our room through expedia.com and had a great deal for the room and amenities we received (internet, tv, etc). The room was a bit on the small side but this is expected for a city like London. The room size did not bother us much as we did not have much luggage to begin with. Clean bed and warm shower was just what we need after a long day exploring London!

I would definitely recommend this place for it's location and price (if you book it through a third party site like expedia.com).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ILBT
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great comments of your Christmas stay with us, it was our pleasure to share the celebrations with you.

Our location is definitely one of the perks for most of our guests, whatever the purpose of the stay, a central location and easy access is guaranteed!

I was glad to read that you have found the third party website booking convenient for you as it already included the comfort package, please note Tune Hotels website gives customers an opportunity to cut the extra costs by only choosing the add-ons that are needed!

Thank you also for recommending us, we truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just a short bus or tube ride from where I was working in Central London and it fit well within my budget for an overnight stay. For the basic room price I got a double bed, ensuite shower room and plenty of electrical sockets to re-charge my devices. I paid the extra for TV and Wi-Fi access. there were complimentary shampoos and soaps (of basic standard) provided. The room I had on this visit and my previous one was very small indeed but well-designed and spotlessly clean. The floor space available not taken up by the bed or shower-room was just enough for one person to stand in to dress etc. I found the room perfectly adequate for me as a solo business traveller but you might need a bigger room for a couple (if they have them?). The room got a bit over-heated after I had a shower as the aircon won't go any lower than 20 degrees centigrade and I couldn't open the window more than a crack but the temperature and noise levels were comfortable at night and I slept very well.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 6th floor which required stairs as the lift only goes to the fifth floor but it...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for your stay and for leaving your feedback.
I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us convenient for your business trip.

Our goal is to always provide our guests with an exceptional value where a clean room, great location, wonderful service and fantastic rate are corner stones and I am glad to read that we are succeeding in doing so.

Our air conditioning is set to the standard room temperature and can be controlled up to 3 degrees, if it’s still too hot or too cold it can be adjusted at any time from the reception.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Over there was a good opportunity to know the stunning London, it is a small room but it is really confortable and of course good value for money!

It is really close to the Big Ben, London Eye, Houses of Parlament etc. I think is about 10 minutes on foot

The staff were really pleased and kind.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Tune Hotel Westminster and for leaving your feedback.

I was pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay and found us as a good value for money.
Tune is indeed all about cutting the extra costs and leaving more for London and for its delights, whether it is shopping, sightseeing or a night out.

Thank you also for highlighting our friendly staff, your comments are highly appreciated.