“Everything I wanted!”

Ranked #451 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Seminole, Florida
“Everything I wanted!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Tune concept is a simple one: pay only for what you want to use, and nothing that you don't. When crossing an ocean to visit a city, the last place I intend to spend a significant amount of time is hanging out in a hotel. Honestly I just want a comfortable place to lay my head and somewhere to take a hot shower, so I can spend my time and money on more important things, like experiencing the city. Tune gave me just that. My room in London was small and cozy with only amenities that I wanted to use. I paid for a towel, the use of the blow dryer, and wi-fi. I always bring my own toiletries, and since it was just me, I didn't need the daily room cleaning, so I didn't have to pay for it. Tune allows you to customize your stay to meet your needs which enables them to keep their rates low while providing exceptional service. I will be making a trip to Edinburgh and will be using Tune again.

Room Tip: The rooms without windows are the most economical, and since I returned to the hotel after dark and...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the glowing review of Tune Hotel Westminster and for giving us top marks for every aspect of your stay.

I was glad to read that our concept gave you an opportunity to cut down all the extra costs and left more to spend on experiencing the city and it`s delights! That`s what Tune Hotels is all about!

In addition, we do not offer all the 5 star thrills, but I am glad you pointed out our comfy bed and hot power shower, and the central location perfect for sightseeing or for business.

I hope you will enjoy your stay at Tune Hotel Edinburgh as well and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
glasgow
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Staying in London is overpriced and Tune offer a pleasant alternative. This one in Westminster (it's really Lambeth) is 5 mins from Waterloo Stn and right on Lambeth North Underground, which will get you in Piccadilly in 5 mins. You are also literally behind the London Eye.
The area is authentic and Lower Marsh has some decent cafes and street food on offer at a fraction of central London prices.
You'll know by now that the rooms are small, so if you are large framed you may wish to look elsewhere for extra comfort- but I really couldn't complain as we were only using it as a base to tour London.
Overall would reccommend and would visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Tune Hotel Westminster regarding your recent stay.

I was glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be the perfect base for a sightseeing trip at an affordable rate.

Even though we do not offer 5 * perks, a clean room with a refreshing power shower and a comfy bed are always guaranteed at the end of the busy day out and about.

Thank you also for recommending us, we are looking forward to you visiting us again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Although the room is a bit small, it worth the money comparatively. Stayed there for 2 nights and enjoyed it. Near the train station. Right opposite there is a halal outlet selling chicken and lamb ribs at a reasonably price(in fact its cheap)

Room Tip: A convenient store right opposite the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your 2 night stay with us and found it value for money and especially were pleased with our convenient location.

We are indeed perfectly located in the heart of London and tube and bus stops nearby make travelling anywhere at any time a breeze.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Number was very small but had everything I need-normal bed, shower and toilet, acceptable wifi (for additional cost). I suppose this hotel is the best cheap offer in the Westminster. London eye is 5 minutes walk from the hotel, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey is 8-10 minutes.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at Tune Hotel Westminster with TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read that you found us to be the best choice in the Westminster area and that we met all your expectations with our comfort, cleanliness and add-ons, and all of it with a very affordable rate!

To enjoy the best rates we always advise our guests to book as early as possible or to follow us on Facebook/Twitter.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

London, England
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Spent one night here for a business meeting. Room was small but had everything needed. Despite only being on the first floor there was no disturbance from traffic. Would stay again for a weekend break.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for your business stay and for leaving your review.

I was delighted to read that you rated your stay as very good and that we provided you everything essential for a quality stay.

Safe environment and central location, comfy and clean rooms and a friendly service are always guaranteed at any of the Tunes, whether staying for business or for leisure.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again for an enjoyable weekend break.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have a good stayed at Tune Westminster even though its is just a night stayed but the room is clean and comfortable. Also thanks to Tune staff when i was check-in with few big luggages, she realized that the room i booked might be very difficult to fit in so she provided me a slightly bigger room so i can have more spaces.

Lambeth North Underground station is just opposite and its really convenient. Will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous comments of your recent stay at Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was very pleased to read that we offered you a fulfilling experience and that you found our rooms clean and comfortable.

Thank you also for highlighting the friendly and helpful staff who made such a positive impact on your stay. Making our guests feel welcomed and looked after is very important for us.

We are looking forward to your return visit to Tune Hotel Westminster.

ATLANTA
Reviewed 26 March 2014

On my first solo trip the Europe the first place I knew I wanted to visit was London. I was nervous about trying to find reasonable accommodations. Traveling solo, I didn't want to stay in a hostel or uber budget type of hotel.
In USD it worked out to about $100 a night staying at the Tune and I was greatly satisfied.
I had a basement room with no window, and I occasionally heard the Tube but not enough to disturb me.
Make sure you set an alarm, I got off to a late start thinking it was still dark outside because the room was dark.
There's not a large variety to eat. There's a fast food place directly across the street, and a couple of pubs!
Best about this place is the location, a ten minute walk to Big Ben, a tube station right next door.
If you're on vacation you shouldn't be spending all your time in the hotel anyway.

Room Tip: If you're in a pinch, save yourself some money and get a no window room, especially if you plan...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments of your stay with Tune Hotel Westminster.

It was our pleasure to host you on your fist solo trip to Europe and it is great to hear back that you were very satisfied with your stay.

You're absolutely right, you really can't beat our location – within walking distance of the greatest sightseeing’s, plus, we're right next to Lambeth North tube station.
Our local area offers small cafes for breakfasts, lunches and for dinners, for anyone looking for a bigger variety – South bank is just a short walk away with plenty to choose from.

Thank you also for recommending the rooms without windows, it is indeed a good option to keep the costs to a minimum and still be able to enjoy the full experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.