“Cheap and Cheerful”

Point A Hotel, London Westminster
Ranked #373 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Pleasantly surprised considering how cheap this hotel was. The room was small yet comfortable and the pay for what you want concept proved a great hit. We had a slight issue with our hairdryer not working, but we were given a replacement within 10 minutes. The only downside was that the hotel was quite noisy. The rooms seemed well soundproofed, but as soon as anyone was in the hallway you could hear everything which was a shame considering the cleaner started working at just before 9 am on the saturday. Overall a great hotel and well worth the money if your looking for a short stay in London. Oh and the location couldn't be better!

1  Thank Zoe K
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous comments of your recent stay with Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was thrilled to read that we ticked all the boxes for you and provided you with everything needed for a quality stay in London at a bargain rate.

I also agree, our location really can’t be beaten – nestled in Westminster with easy access to many famous sights, restaurants, shops and two underground stations!

I was sorry to hear that your stay was disturbed by the noise; I have instructed our housekeeping department to keep the noise to a minimum.

Thank you once again for the comment, we hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Tune concept is a simple one: pay only for what you want to use, and nothing that you don't. When crossing an ocean to visit a city, the last place I intend to spend a significant amount of time is hanging out in a hotel. Honestly I just want a comfortable place to lay my head and somewhere to take a hot shower, so I can spend my time and money on more important things, like experiencing the city. Tune gave me just that. My room in London was small and cozy with only amenities that I wanted to use. I paid for a towel, the use of the blow dryer, and wi-fi. I always bring my own toiletries, and since it was just me, I didn't need the daily room cleaning, so I didn't have to pay for it. Tune allows you to customize your stay to meet your needs which enables them to keep their rates low while providing exceptional service. I will be making a trip to Edinburgh and will be using Tune again.

Room Tip: The rooms without windows are the most economical, and since I returned to the hotel after dark and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the glowing review of Tune Hotel Westminster and for giving us top marks for every aspect of your stay.

I was glad to read that our concept gave you an opportunity to cut down all the extra costs and left more to spend on experiencing the city and it`s delights! That`s what Tune Hotels is all about!

In addition, we do not offer all the 5 star thrills, but I am glad you pointed out our comfy bed and hot power shower, and the central location perfect for sightseeing or for business.

I hope you will enjoy your stay at Tune Hotel Edinburgh as well and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Staying in London is overpriced and Tune offer a pleasant alternative. This one in Westminster (it's really Lambeth) is 5 mins from Waterloo Stn and right on Lambeth North Underground, which will get you in Piccadilly in 5 mins. You are also literally behind the London Eye.
The area is authentic and Lower Marsh has some decent cafes and street food on offer at a fraction of central London prices.
You'll know by now that the rooms are small, so if you are large framed you may wish to look elsewhere for extra comfort- but I really couldn't complain as we were only using it as a base to tour London.
Overall would reccommend and would visit again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Tune Hotel Westminster regarding your recent stay.

I was glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be the perfect base for a sightseeing trip at an affordable rate.

Even though we do not offer 5 * perks, a clean room with a refreshing power shower and a comfy bed are always guaranteed at the end of the busy day out and about.

Thank you also for recommending us, we are looking forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Although the room is a bit small, it worth the money comparatively. Stayed there for 2 nights and enjoyed it. Near the train station. Right opposite there is a halal outlet selling chicken and lamb ribs at a reasonably price(in fact its cheap)

Room Tip: A convenient store right opposite the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your 2 night stay with us and found it value for money and especially were pleased with our convenient location.

We are indeed perfectly located in the heart of London and tube and bus stops nearby make travelling anywhere at any time a breeze.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Number was very small but had everything I need-normal bed, shower and toilet, acceptable wifi (for additional cost). I suppose this hotel is the best cheap offer in the Westminster. London eye is 5 minutes walk from the hotel, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey is 8-10 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at Tune Hotel Westminster with TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read that you found us to be the best choice in the Westminster area and that we met all your expectations with our comfort, cleanliness and add-ons, and all of it with a very affordable rate!

To enjoy the best rates we always advise our guests to book as early as possible or to follow us on Facebook/Twitter.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Spent one night here for a business meeting. Room was small but had everything needed. Despite only being on the first floor there was no disturbance from traffic. Would stay again for a weekend break.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for your business stay and for leaving your review.

I was delighted to read that you rated your stay as very good and that we provided you everything essential for a quality stay.

Safe environment and central location, comfy and clean rooms and a friendly service are always guaranteed at any of the Tunes, whether staying for business or for leisure.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again for an enjoyable weekend break.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have a good stayed at Tune Westminster even though its is just a night stayed but the room is clean and comfortable. Also thanks to Tune staff when i was check-in with few big luggages, she realized that the room i booked might be very difficult to fit in so she provided me a slightly bigger room so i can have more spaces.

Lambeth North Underground station is just opposite and its really convenient. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous comments of your recent stay at Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was very pleased to read that we offered you a fulfilling experience and that you found our rooms clean and comfortable.

Thank you also for highlighting the friendly and helpful staff who made such a positive impact on your stay. Making our guests feel welcomed and looked after is very important for us.

We are looking forward to your return visit to Tune Hotel Westminster.