“No frills great”

Ranked #417 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Los Angeles, California
“No frills great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I came to this hotel with not too much high expectations as it was a company trip. I was actually delighted at the service I got. It actually made my business trip so pleasant. The rooms are a tad small, but they are spotless and clean. The service is impeccable. This no frills hotel is perfect if you are on a business trip.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving your great comments of your stay with Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was very pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations and made your business trip enjoyable.

Thank you also for pointing out our high level of cleanliness and the service, both reception and housekeeper teams work hard to ensure that every guest feels welcomed, well looked after and has a comfortable stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Romsey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I was tempted to try Tune because of the location and I was looking for somewhere cheap to stay overnight after a function in Westminster (taxi fares are a big consideration if you are a female travelling alone and are trying to budget).

I had read the reviews on Tripadvisor and was convinced that I had booked a "comfort package" which included things like hairdryer, TV and toiletries (although to be honest - in the UK these are generally regarded as basics). I also expected a small room which was fine as it was really just a crab.

When I arrived it transpired that I hadn't booked th "comfort" package and this is only available online so I had to think about what I really needed. It really is quite funny as they switch on the appliances as you order them and when you ask for a towel and toiletries they hand you a paper carrier bag.

So, clutching my paper bag I headed for the room. I have _never_ been in such a small hotel room. It made my student digs seem spacious. The pics on line are very cleverly shot as they make the rooms seem a little bigger. The reality of my room was that there was no room either side of the bed for a bedside table as the bed snugly fitted into the space available alongside the bathroom. The bathroom (or - more appropriately the shower room) was really a wet room with a shower curtain that you could draw across if you wanted to stop the loo seat from getting wet. That said the shower space was fairly small and I didn't like the fact that it was hard to avoid contact with the curtain - thinking about whether it was cleaned properly between customers and who else the curtain had been in contact with - yuk!

The toiletries bag only contained one towel - I would have expected two as us girls do like to have not towel for hair and one for body - and a bar of soap and one of those all purpose shower and hair preps.

The TV was extra (of course) and whilst there were a reasonable choice of free view channels the telly was sited high up on the wall and you had to sit on the bed, getting a crick in the neck, to look at it. I can see no reason why it wasn't positioned in a comfortable viewing position a little lower on the wall and can only conclude that the people designing the hotel room never actually spend more than 5 minutes in it.

The other really odd thing is that there was a little stand where you could hang your clothes. Fine - very premier Inn but this was a budget hotel. The problem arose when I was about to leave and wanted to double check my appearance. The mirror was behind the coat hangers! There was another mirror behind the bed but to check myself over in that would have meant that I had to climb on the bed.

Oh, and I travel with a small cabin size bag and when opened up it took up practically all the available floor space.

I had succeeded in booking a breakfast voucher and this turned out to be a voucher to be cashed in at Costa Coffee (next door). It did represent good value for money compared with the standard Costa prices but there was no flexibility about the "pastries" you could have so my advice would be to look at other breakfast options.

All in all it was clean and my expectations were not high but the room really was uncomfortably small and the toilet/shower especially so. If I needed a crash pad near Westminster again I would seriously consider it but I might look for a b and b option with a bit of character - I would even forego the aircon for most times of the year because it was very noisy in such a small space.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Gurses, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing Tune Hotel Westminster following your stay. We always welcome both guest feedback positive and negative in order to improve ourselves.

We admit that our rooms are compact and we understand that it is not for everybody's liking. To be able to offer clean rooms and competitive prices in Central London Location we had to sacrifice the room spaces. If you wish to stay in Tune Hotels in the future, we would advise you to book Special Needs Rooms as they are the most specious rooms we have.

Kind regards,

Sadan Gurses
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed this Saturday night before a meeting with some old friends, room - they state - is very small , good double bed, wall mounted TV , many plugs to recharge Iphone/pad; small shower room - powerful shower-hand basin & WC lovely fluffy white towels, usual soap , shampoo. Vey clean pleasant reception staff, lift.Location excellent 5 mins walk to Left Bank - London Eye, Oxo Tower etc. Great for a short stay but be prepared for tiny room, good reasonable rates-particularly mid week recommend .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank david a
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel Westminster for your stay and for sharing your great experience.

It was my pleasure to read that even though you found the room space-efficient it included everything essential for a quality and comfortable stay at a budget rate.

Thank you also for pointing out the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendly staff as they are definitely corner stones of our business.

Thank you also for recommending us for short stays, we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

A 10 month baby, husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. I can say, thumbs up for it's location. Just a meter away from Lambeth North underground station. I was there during tube strike on the 29th & 30th of April so no tube yet no worry because bus stations also just a meter away. For convenience-store-fan like us, Cost Cutter and Tesco is there. They have halal bread! Waterloo station, London Eye, Big Ben etc.. a short walk. I have no complain except for the part that we have to buy a cup of hot water for the price of 1 GBP from vending machine located at the lobby because they did not provide kettle in the room. For someone with baby.. you know it is difficult!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim E
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your kind comments of your stay at Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was pleased to read that you had a great short break with us and especially enjoyed our local area and the prime Westminster location and all the benefits that come with it.

As a limited service hotel we indeed do not provide kettles in the rooms, however, as you mentioned the vending machine is opened 24h at the reception for hot/cold drinks and snacks.

Thank you also for recommending us, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again.

Haverhill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for one night for a visit to London during the Valentines weekend. Our main reason for choosing the hotel was first of all, the location.. Being reasonably close to the London Eye and other attractions made life a lot easier. The other bonus was the price of the stay. Less than £50 overall. Which is reasonable.

The room itself was small. The double bed was snug between the walls, with a large mirror above the headboard. We chose a room without windows, these rooms are all basement level accessible by stairs. The thought of no windows can leave you feeling like you'll be stuck in, but we didn't have any problem with the lack of windows.

The toilet/shower was good enough for our needs.

Just outside the hotels door (which is discretely hidden next to Costa) is the Lambeth North tube station. The station itself has good access right into the centre of London with stops at Embankment, Charring Cross, Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Circus. Whats more with one line change, you'll be able to access Kings Cross St. as well as Liverpool Street, which was our route in and out of London. Team this up with an Oyster Card and you'll soon be getting round quick and cheaply.

Overall, the hotel was fine. Nice staff, decent rooms and great location. If I ever need a quick stop in London again, I'll be sure to drop in.

Room Tip: Look for the door just before Costa on the corner.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ashley M
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments of your Valentine`s weekend at Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us, found the staff nice, enjoyed our Westminster location with easy access to anywhere at any time - and all of it without a prohibitive price tag.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel has a terrific location, very close to Lamberth North Station. It's posible to walk to lots of turistc places like London Eye and Westminster Abbey. The room is very very small, but it was modern and clean, so it was OK for us. I recommend for those who don't want to spend much, but want to stay in zone 1.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lilian M
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments of your stay at Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, found it as value for your money and were especially pleased with our central location; it really allows our guests to be in the middle of everything.

Thank you also for recommending us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

PUERTO RICO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a great hotel in Westminster area. Walking distance to London Eye, Big Ben, etc.
Lamberth North Tube station is located across the street, so moving around London is extremely easy from this hotel!
Rooms are clean, but small, perfect for short stays. This is our second time staying at Tune and will definitively return when visiting London in the future. Front desk personnel is friendly and helpful...Strongly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ZADY/PR
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review, “Hidden gem” is very complimentary!

I was pleased to read that it was your return visit to Tune hotels, and that once again we managed to provide you with a quality stay.

Thank you also for recommending us strongly, we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.